Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

RVProfootballer posted:

Also maybe I missed it, but for fractional keeper prices, round up or down or to nearest $1 or what?

Yeah, this is a relevant and good question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

RVProfootballer posted:

Allen Robinson for $6 or $7 next year, goddamn. Also maybe I missed it, but for fractional keeper prices, round up or down or to nearest $1 or what?

Per league rules he had to have drafted Robinson. He didn't. :smug:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Daedra posted:

Per league rules he had to have drafted Robinson. He didn't. :smug:

Don't think that's actually the case.

pmchem posted:

KEEPERS
You may keep up to 3 players. If a player's cost in year Y was X, their cost in year Y+1 will be (X+5)*1.1. Players may be kept up to two consecutive years. Players MUST HAVE BEEN DRAFTED (or kept) in the prior year in order to be kept -- that ensures we get nice baseline prices. Keeper declaration deadline will be a week or two before the draft. We'll sort out the details on that in mid-2016 when people are returning.

Based on that language, the player simply had to have been drafted (presumably in order to set a baseline price for keeping them). It doesn't seem like you have to have been the one to draft them in order to keep them- otherwise all traded players would be unkeepable.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Veritek83 posted:

Don't think that's actually the case.

Based on that language, the player simply had to have been drafted (presumably in order to set a baseline price for keeping them). It doesn't seem like you have to have been the one to draft them in order to keep them- otherwise all traded players would be unkeepable.

Yeah, that's how I read it as well. They must have been drafted so that there's a baseline price, but doesn't matter who did the drafting because it's about making sure there's a price to use, not about rewarding the original drafter.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, that's how I read it as well. They must have been drafted so that there's a baseline price, but doesn't matter who did the drafting because it's about making sure there's a price to use, not about rewarding the original drafter.

This is correct. I think it came up somewhere earlier in thread, too.

Regarding fractional prices, the rules are indeed ambiguous on that (my bad). I program stuff as part of my day job so I'm tempted to do floor rounding, but I understand the instinct for nearest integer rounding too. I'll make a decision and update the OP sometime this week. Out of town on holiday so not giving it much thought right now, heh.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Well poo poo on me

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
a pretty good championship game, but I dont think the denver defense is going to pull it out for chem

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kazak_Hstan posted:

a pretty good championship game, but I dont think the denver defense is going to pull it out for chem

I'd be ok with that. If I can get even like 4 or 5 points from Vernon Davis, I'll feel a lot more comfortable.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have a sneaking suspicion that Gio Bernard, AJ Green, Demaryium Thomas and the Bengals defense will account for more than 15 points. 6th place here I come, which means I'm still smug as hell re: half of you.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Congrats to RVProfootballer, our 2015 champ! Great job, and it just goes to show that people in the future should snap up openings in this league because you really might win the whole thing! I'm happy to claim runner-up status this year. Our game went down to the wire: one big play could have swung the winner either way.

I updated the OP with a new HALL OF GLORY, and made explicit how numerical rounding will be handled for keeper prices. Please keep an eye on the OP and this thread starting July 1, 2016, for details on draft/keeper deadlines to ensure you get in next season! In the meantime, please spitball your ideas and thoughts on how the offseason affects your keeper decisions...

Happy New Year, everyone.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

While it's a hollow victory, I am happy to have won the consolation bracket

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Looking through my team to see keeper values, and I sure don't have too many that seem worthwhile. (This is my first keeper league, so it's possible I don't know how to value this well.) Still, as the proud 11th place finisher, I'm going to find a way!

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

vyst posted:

Better than winning nothing :smith:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm number 1! :woop:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

vyst posted:

:argh:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I have felt a disturbance in the force, as if fantasy values for many players significantly changed in the past week.

I might re-open the league for 2016 soon. As per the OP, the keeper declaration deadline is not yet set. I don't recall any discussion about offseason trades. This isn't a dynasty league, so I am leaning against that and people should consider that the default for now.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'd prefer to have the option for offseason trades rather than not.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Same. Trade options are pretty limited given the number of keepers and inability to trade auction money (not that I'm advocating allowing trades of auction money, btw), but I'd rather have the option than not.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You can kick me out of this league next year.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I'm in for this year.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

vyst posted:

You can kick me out of this league next year.

Sent you a PM -- thank you for your posts! You're welcome back anytime.

I'll ponder trade stuff. My main concern with trades is someone maliciously making a sketchy or borderline sketchy trade and then not showing up for the draft and abandoning their team. Unlikely, I know, but would start the season off on the wrong foot.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Reactivated the league in case anyone wants to look at rosters/settings, etc. If anyone has keeper questions, go ahead and ask here. I'll make a 2016 thread later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

2016 thread created: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782046

closing this thread

• Locked thread