Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i want to make a thread called "new gbs" that is an updated version of gbs but it is a slightly different interface in it. so it would be like a list of links to current threads in gbs maybe with a little picture next to them or something. the probablem im having is i owuld need to edit the thread every time a new thread is posted. if someone knows a solution to this problem it would be very helpful.

in fact if you want to steal my great idea, you can do it yourself but please remember where you heard it first lol

see you later, gang! t.i.a.!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You could code in a macro that automatically updates the thread links in your thread whenever a thread updates.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
So basically you want a "Popular Threads" bar at the top? Pretty sure you could make a grease monkey script for that. But why go through the effort?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

So basically you want a "Popular Threads" bar at the top? Pretty sure you could make a grease monkey script for that. But why go through the effort?

How is your game coming?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Awful. It's a train wreck. I'm probably going to kill myself because it's just so awful (It may not be as expansive as I wanted originally because I am lazy).

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

Awful. It's a train wreck. I'm probably going to kill myself because it's just so awful (It may not be as expansive as I wanted originally because I am lazy).

Oh no! Don't give up, I believe in you!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Oh btw if any goons out there want to write a Something Awful G19 app I would really enjoy that ty

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
jeez nerds get a room :rolleyes:

i guess i wasnt very clear:

1)i am going to post a thread with links to every active thread in gbs
2)the thread i post will be formatted really cool with pictures and stuff
3) what i need help with: i need to hire someone to update it to keep it current when ever someone posts a new thread on "old gbs"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
plus obv i will need to lock the the thread

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

my suggestion is to consume old gbs until youre dead and gay

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
i'll make the website.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
how can I help

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
my constipation feels like a pile of bricks

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I can help but I'm more of an ideas man

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I'm a coder and I think I can help

10 PRINT "GO gently caress YOURSELF"
20 GOTO 10

that should get you on your way

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Can you make the homepage have this picture on it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

god dammit nooner why the gently caress didn't you write it on a burger or some poo poo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm eating low carb

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
also it should be two columns of threads because i have a widescreen monitor and there's a huge gap between the thread titles and the other pertinent info

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I had some 5 guys the other day and it made my day a lot better.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
who wants to see a pic of my dick?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
*raises hand*

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

coldplay chiptunes posted:

who wants to see a pic of my dick?

if ur talkin about ur penis then hell yeah bud

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i have experience in ios app design, maybe i can make a sick app that you can swipe and poo poo and you can drag back threads and launch them into the ether etc, let me know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Your idea sucks balls like you do lol

• Locked thread