Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i almost got bit by this personally and i would have been pretty steamed

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/serious-disk-cleanup-problem-caused-by-broken-registration/

quote:

Note the last line which states that the Disk Cleanup will recursively search the entire volume for the list of files mentioned in the FileList registry value (*.* wildcard used in this case) and include everything on the volume for deletion, if the DDEVCF_DOSUBDIRS flags is enabled (which is enabled by default).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
in before "don't use ... windows"

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
>> © Ramesh Srinivasan | Windows 7, Windows Vista | 29th February 2008
>> (Information in this post applies to Windows 7 & Vista systems only)

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Lol if you haven't upgraded to Win 10 by now hth

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

don't use ... windows

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i used disk cleanup and a dick appeared in my rear end

thanks for the heads up op

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

now you need dick cleanup

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
Disk cleanup on windows 7 is a joke – not only has it deleted the registry keys specific to my manufacturer of laptop (gateway) it has wiped my product key and the temporary files linking the slic key to the product key.. I have a config file with all keys for all manufactueres for win7 ultimate it wont take any – I cannot re run the upgrade option from setup either wierd cannot read image error is displayed… I shrank my 250gb volume to allow another insytall on the seperate partition and stillwont accept my key that I have used fine for 3 years… I didnt see it had ticked remove system restor file either and now im goosed… what a joke microsoft!! create utilities that at least warn u it may affect system settings and config u clowns!!

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i recommend just not making a mess of things in the first place

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
just put ur bits and bytes away when ur done using them? or use hired help like i do.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

HellFox posted:

Disk cleanup on windows 7 is a joke – not only has it deleted the registry keys specific to my manufacturer of laptop (gateway) it has wiped my product key and the temporary files linking the slic key to the product key.. I have a config file with all keys for all manufactueres for win7 ultimate it wont take any – I cannot re run the upgrade option from setup either wierd cannot read image error is displayed… I shrank my 250gb volume to allow another insytall on the seperate partition and stillwont accept my key that I have used fine for 3 years… I didnt see it had ticked remove system restor file either and now im goosed… what a joke microsoft!! create utilities that at least warn u it may affect system settings and config u clowns!!

agreed, hell fox

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

parted /dev/sda x z

ok ur disk is clean

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

clean this op

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
YOU’RE THE BEST!!! GREAT IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!THANKS A LOT BRO!!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

quote:

This may have been a result of running a registry cleaner.
clos thread

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Visual GNUdio posted:

now you need dick cleanup

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

quote:

Vista Ultimate

totally deserved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

HellFox posted:

sounds like it cleaned your disk to me. working as intended

• Locked thread