Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

anilEhilated posted:

Wait, how do you use a mouse to steal the ring? Scaring, I understand, but does it bite off her finger or something?

It freaks her out, she drops it, we steal it. It's the perfect crime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
It's not working at the moment though, so I'm assuming we'll need to at least dip her hand in grease or something.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
Wipe her hand with some kind of oily rag, perhaps?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
What animation company was contracted to do the animations? I'm reminded of Animation Magic, which did animation for games including King's Quest VII, I.M. Meen and MAH BOI SQUADDILAH AND OTHER YOUTUBE POOP MEMES.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

BiggerJ posted:

What animation company was contracted to do the animations? I'm reminded of Animation Magic, which did animation for games including King's Quest VII, I.M. Meen and MAH BOI SQUADDILAH AND OTHER YOUTUBE POOP MEMES.

They actually hired a proper, legitimate animation group. At the time they had only done a few British TV projects, including the 1995 Wind in the Willows TV movie (the one with Michael Palin in it). You might know them better, though, as the people who gave us the first same-sex kiss in a children's film: https://youtu.be/u7AYd8uGG6E

I am not joking. That's them. You can look it up.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

corn in the bible posted:

As far as I know, this game was only ever released in English and German. But you're right that Germany has a huge dubbing industry -- they're the only place you can get the entire run of Baywatch on DVD, for example, and it's all dubbed into German.

Some AMAZINGLY horrendous dubs came out of adventure games. Morpheus's German dub was, I can only assume, done by the company's drunk janitor and whoever he dragged in from the street and forced them to read some lines.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

Some AMAZINGLY horrendous dubs came out of adventure games. Morpheus's German dub was, I can only assume, done by the company's drunk janitor and whoever he dragged in from the street and forced them to read some lines.

I have never played Morpheus, but since the wiki page makes mention of Myst: I very much liked the dub on that. The intro monologue by Atrus is excellent; while the English one sounds like what you'd expect your usual off-screen narrator to sound like, the dub voice has this hoarse, haunted quality of a man who knows he royally hosed up and has this kinda melancholic look on the future, which is out of his hands now.

Looking up the intro on YT also reminded me how kickass the Myst theme is.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Updates will be delayed until I can get the video footage off the old computer, etc. Sorry!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I loving hate computer stuff, gently caress

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

I loving hate computer stuff, gently caress

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Like a true gentleman you should get someone else to do it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colorred
Dec 26, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Like a true gentleman you should get someone else to do it for you.

A gentleman should not be expected to do computer stuff in this day and age! Where's Mossop?

• Locked thread