Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Problem description: The sound on my computer no longer seems to work (see screenshot below). I have recently upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and this seems to be when the issue began. It says everything is unplugged but there are no external bits to be unplugged.

Attempted fixes: I have tried uninstalling the sound hardware in Device Manager and rebooting multiple times. I also have the most up to date drivers according to Windows.

Recent changes: I have upgraded from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 64bit

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64bit

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply: Rosewill CAPSTONE-550-M – 550-Watt Modular Active PFC Power Supply

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

EDIT: Sorry for the mislabeled tag, I must've hit the wrong thing when making the post. Also sorry for not initially reading the faq. I apologize for not doing things correctly right away. This issue is really grating to me so I was just posting without thinking.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Update your HD audio drivers to the latest version from the Realtek website. Updating drivers from the manufacturer website should always be your first step, Windows Update does not typically carry updated drivers for your hardware.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I have just tried this and it still does not seem to be working. I get the same audio set up in the window as before.

Also now it is having problems recognizing the modem as well. Just kind of...ignoring it every so often.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 20, 2015

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The sound seems to be working again after some driver reinstalls. I might need to look for one for my modem not super sure yet but I'm just glad I have sound again. I can deal with finicky internet because I always am. Thanks for the help!

• Locked thread