Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Robot Jox is never quite as good as you want it to be. Still a fun movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Sorry guys to interrupt all your gay Sci find talk but even JJ trek is better than all those.

Oh and Picard is better than Kirk.

Peace.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shab posted:

Holy crap. This movie has been in my head since I saw it when I was like 10 years old and never knew what it was called.

Content: If Robot Jox makes it, so does Arena

Arena should be on a RLM Best of the Worst.

It also has C3PDukat:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Who do we petition for a 90's sci-fi focused subforum?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you have my phased plasma array in y our quest

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Arena should be on a RLM Best of the Worst.

It also has C3PDukat:

Don't forget Armin Shimerman as Weezil

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
God drat, that Armin guy has probably spent 1/3 of his waking life in a make up chair. It's crazy to think he just sat down everyday for probably a couple hours of getting quarked for 7 years or so.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

He actually secretes spirit gum from his pores at this point so his actual chair time is quite low. They just stick stuff to him like a fridge door.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Typical Pubbie posted:

Robot Jox is never quite as good as you want it to be. Still a fun movie.

I was with it up until they launched into space to have a space battle for a shameless Star Wars cash-in, then came back down and resumed the movie proper, it was so hilarious.

Then the ultimate brofist ending. Man. That really belongs with the Rocky ending the Cold War of cinematic endings. Nothing but amazing, with the evil Russian madman going "Eh gently caress it, thumbs up dude."

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I sincerely think Robot Jox is a better, more watchable movie than loving Pacific Rim. That poo poo was stupid and I love giant robots and godzilla movies so its kinda weird.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The sci-fi era cast was 90s as gently caress, the original cast could have been in the 80s.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

God drat, that Armin guy has probably spent 1/3 of his waking life in a make up chair. It's crazy to think he just sat down everyday for probably a couple hours of getting quarked for 7 years or so.

He went without alien makeup in the Atlas Shrugged films.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I sincerely think Robot Jox is a better, more watchable movie than loving Pacific Rim. That poo poo was stupid and I love giant robots and godzilla movies so its kinda weird.

It's because down deep anyone watching robot movies in the US wants a BattleTech movie with walking tanks and military hardware, that are all slow and clunky as poo poo. And Pacific Rim robots kung fu fight.

Really kind odd because the closest thing we've ever gotten to a "big clunky robot" movie is RobotJox. Every other giant robot is either anime like massively super ninja (i.e. Transformers with robots back flipping over missiles like Neo).

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I seriously hope down deep he took that role just for the hilarity of sticking Quark in an Atlas Shrugged movie.

It's a tragedy he didn't go on about the virtues of the "Smartest hooman Ayn Rand" at some point.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 10, 2016

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Robot Jox did have a actual rocket punch, so it gets points for that.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

In that DS9 episode where they all dress up as Klingons and kill changeling-Martok, apparently Colm Meaney complained so much about being in prosthetics that Michael Dorn requested Colm never wore any again.

I wonder if Shimerman, Dorn and the like got paid more for having to go through all that?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DarkMalfunction posted:

In that DS9 episode where they all dress up as Klingons and kill changeling-Martok, apparently Colm Meaney complained so much about being in prosthetics that Michael Dorn requested Colm never wore any again.

You could tell he hated it, because he made the doofiest looking Klingon in the franchises history.

Actually it made it way more hilarious because the fact he looked like he utterly hated it kind of fit the story too, so it wasn't even really a downside.

ED: I also loved how that episode was an excuse for Avery Brooks to go from his normal 11 to like a 20. The other end of the spectrum, that was an actor who really dug playing a Klingon, I would be quite surprised if he wasn't having a blast just going so far over the top he made Shatner look underacting.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 10, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Oh Colm, you card.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Did Worf ever win a fist-fight?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Kramjacks posted:

Wasn't him winning fist fights a major part of those episodes where they're in Dominion prison and Garak has daddy issues?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Kramjacks posted:

Yes, but only against K'Ehleyr and that Klingon woman Q made appear on the bridge.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Kramjacks posted:

Yeah he beat up an unarmed lawyer who was busy doing his job.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

shadow puppet of a posted:

Yes, but only against K'Ehleyr and that Klingon woman Q made appear on the bridge.

wasnt that also some sort of prelude to sex or something?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

wasnt that also some sort of prelude to sex or something?

everything in Klingon society is a prelude to sex because a) they couldn't show sex on air and b) sci-fi's target audience is sexually frustrated young males

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Also as Stan the caddy.

Lets not forget it was his terrible advice that got the whole gang sent to prison in the finale.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: I also loved how that episode was an excuse for Avery Brooks to go from his normal 11 to like a 20. The other end of the spectrum, that was an actor who really dug playing a Klingon, I would be quite surprised if he wasn't having a blast just going so far over the top he made Shatner look underacting.

Let's just bask in Avery Brooks having a wonderful time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qChmTbcaU44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

shadow puppet of a posted:

Who do we petition for a 90's sci-fi focused subforum?

• Locked thread