Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Problem description: So this is the second time it's happened this weekend. All flash videos have just stopped working. This includes Youtube, Facebook, Dailymotion, everywhere. What happens instead is that the video freezes on the image at 00:00 and loads the stream, it just refuses to actually play. This is even effecting ads in Spotify.

Attempted fixes: I updated my Flash Player to the latest version the first time. This sort of fixed it but then flash videos played without sound (not a problem with the mixer on Chrome either). I reset the computer and this fixed that problem but now it's happening again.

Recent changes: Nope, no new programs installed or anything, except that Flash update.

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64-bit

System specs: Hewlett Packard, 4GB RAM, i3 processor 1.8 GHz, the model number is on the original power cord which broke and so is now at my parents. Hoping I won't need it cause it's a software issue.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes and yes, all Google said was 'turn the volume up on Youtube, dummy' :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I'd suggest updating to the latest graphics and sound drivers from the manufacturer's website. That's probably Intel for your graphics, but without any specifics about what is in your computer it's hard to say.

• Locked thread