Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e9d785da80474fa3bb3b6b577e25db38/trump-vows-never-eat-oreos-again-citing-move-mexico

quote:

NEW YORK (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump repeated his claim Tuesday evening that he would stop eating Oreos, citing the cookie maker's decision to close a plant in Chicago and move it to Mexico.

"I'm never eating Oreos again," Trump said, before adding that he would consider it if he could find some that were made in the U.S.

Trump's claim is partly true.

Oreo's parent company Mondelez International Inc. said last month that it decided to invest $130 million in building four new production lines at a plant in Mexico, which will replace nine older production lines at its Chicago plant.

That will mean the number of jobs at the Chicago plant will go from about 1,200 to about 600, said Laurie Guzzinati, a Mondelez representative. But the plant in Chicago will remain open.

Guzzinati said the decision to invest in the Mexico plant came after discussions with union representatives for workers at the Chicago plant. She said the company determined that the new production lines would cost $46 million less per year in Mexico than in Chicago, and said labor was "one of many factors."

Guzzinati noted that Oreos continue to be made in some U.S. plants, including in New Jersey, Oregon and Virginia.

The Mondelez plant in Salinas, Mexico, opened in late 2014, and the four additional production lines are expected to be completed by mid-2016. Two of those lines will make Oreo cookies, Guzzinati said.

Mondelez, which also makes Chips Ahoy cookies and Trident gum, has said its "supply chain reinvention plan" is part of its broader push to slash costs and improve productivity.

Donald Trump is going to bang Jeb's Bush's Mexican wife while burning the Mexican Flag in lieu of an acceptance speech when he wins the Republican Nomination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
A couple blocks from where I grew up in Philadelphia was a Nabisco (later Kraft, then Mondelez) factory, and on a downwind day, our whole neighborhood smelled like freshly baked bread. Earlier this year they closed the plant and moved operations to Mexico, so I'm on board to boycott.

Funny enough my democrat congressman is also boycotting and has tweeted about it multiple times.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

"It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to Make America Great Again" noted Trump, around a mouthful of Hydrox cookies. The 2016 Republican candidate was then heard vomiting into a trash can after our crew left his office, repeatedly moaning the word 'why.'

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

"It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to Make America Great Again" noted Trump, around a mouthful of Hydrox cookies. The 2016 Republican candidate was then heard vomiting into a trash can after our crew left his office, repeatedly moaning the word 'why.'

Truly this man is willing to do whatever it takes, no mater what the cost. America will be Great Again, and Trump will carry us there.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e9d785da80474fa3bb3b6b577e25db38/trump-vows-never-eat-oreos-again-citing-move-mexico

Donald Trump is going to bang Jeb's Bush's Mexican wife while burning the Mexican Flag in lieu of an acceptance speech when he wins the Republican Nomination

those Oreo factory clowns need to apologize to the the people of the US

a bunch of losers

Trump2016

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Trumped again!

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

This is obviously a big publicity thing but I agree with Donald Trump that American businesses should stay in America. Too bad Oreo is apparently owned by Mondelez International so it's not really an American company? American workers are super duper hosed, this is nothing new. Why would foreign interests ever have any production done in the US?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Oh God, please tell me that's real :woop:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

NotWearingPants posted:

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

social democracy in the near future

:ussr:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
There are bazillions of old white people on Facebook declaring their hatred for Oreos now.

It's surreal.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

rip oreos you had a good run

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lets Pickle posted:

Too bad Oreo is apparently owned by Mondelez International so it's not really an American company?

drat, I was hoping Trump might have scored that elusive first "true" on politifact: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Philthy posted:

There are bazillions of old white people on Facebook declaring their hatred for Oreos now.

It's surreal.

but they love interracial cuck gangbangs :confused:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
Trump is getting America to eat healthy you ungrateful liberal heathens

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

These are terrible btw.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nothing is worse than Whole-grain Chips Ahoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

PrBacterio posted:

Oh God, please tell me that's real :woop:

It is

• Locked thread