Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Anyone around eastern WA/Spokane/Pullman/Idaho area have a VFR750/800 I could try out? I’ve sat on a VF500 and felt a little cramped, but I think the 750/800s are roomier.

Or if someone plans on cruising through the area, I can meet you somewhere :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I’m moving to hanford/richland in the fall. Anyone out that way?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Ooof purposely moving to tri-cities. Get a supermoto and hang out at the kart track.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

M42 posted:

I’m moving to hanford/richland in the fall. Anyone out that way?

You wont get super powers if you live in Hanford.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seconding the supermoto recommendation, tckc is a fun track and you could get on it every other weekend for $30 if you felt like it(or rent the whole thing for yourself for $300 on a weekday)

There might be riding roads around there, but there's nothing remarkable about tricities unless you're into elk hunting or meth.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Filter your water.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Welcome to Washington where the police treat riders like criminals. The nice thing about tri-cities is you can get to some good riding out of the state in only a couple hours.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Aside from that one dude who pulled his gun on a guy for speeding in traffic, is it really a problem? I haven’t been riding here long enough/am not a part of any rider communities here.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Quite A Tool posted:

Aside from that one dude who pulled his gun on a guy for speeding in traffic, is it really a problem? I haven’t been riding here long enough/am not a part of any rider communities here.

Drivers here are bad. I'm not limiting that to folks with four wheels. Just don't ride like an rear end in a top hat and you'll be fine.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Quite A Tool posted:

It was bad enough that this is a thing as of 2011 https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=43.101.419

I've had meaningless stops since then.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

BRB gonna stitch some reflective lettering into my aerostich reading "RCW 43.101.419"

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Tremblay posted:

Drivers here are bad. I'm not limiting that to folks with four wheels. Just don't ride like an rear end in a top hat and you'll be fine.

Oh no the drivers here are loving horrific. In Phoenix everyone had somewhere to be and they just hauled rear end. Here it’s more blatantly oblivious people m who are shocked to find someone next to them in rush hour traffic or going 10 under in the left two lanes in the middle of the night. I think even if they passed filtering laws I wouldn’t do it for awhile until people maybe knew to look out for it.

I’ve wanted to go out east to ride on my days off but honestly I just hop the ferry to vashon or the peninsula to get my fix.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Quite A Tool posted:

Oh no the drivers here are loving horrific. In Phoenix everyone had somewhere to be and they just hauled rear end. Here it’s more blatantly oblivious people m who are shocked to find someone next to them in rush hour traffic or going 10 under in the left two lanes in the middle of the night. I think even if they passed filtering laws I wouldn’t do it for awhile until people maybe knew to look out for it.

I’ve wanted to go out east to ride on my days off but honestly I just hop the ferry to vashon or the peninsula to get my fix.

Considering 90W is a poo poo show, and the increased traffic on 2. This is likely a pretty smart move. Though you could run through 410 I guess.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I live in VA now, our traffic laws are already draconian. (3 days in jail if doing 90 on the highway, 75 will get you a reckless charge). Not too worried about that. Def stoked about the sumo track tho, we don’t have one here. Looks like some great mountains to ride nearby, and a good amount of tracks in the area 👍

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's not that the penalties for traffic violations are particularly draconian. I think they're pretty relaxed in general, they'll ticket you for 10+ over, but they'll also still ticket you more and write the ticket down below reckless speeds so they don't have to go to court, if you aren't drinking. But cops assume you're breaking the law just because you're riding, so you get "friendly" no-ticket "nice bike" or "looks like you have a good driving record" or "your [legal] equipment is illegal, fyi" stops too.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

That does sound pretty dumb

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
I’m from Richland. I don’t have a ton of riding time out there, but my main advice about cops is to beware West Richland. Those cops have earned a reputation for ticketing literally anything.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Got a new biek to replace the ol' Ninjer. Digging the Wee Strom quite a bit, getting used to the size of it has been tough, though. I could easily flat-foot the Ninjer, can't do that at all now. Backing in/out is a lot of little baby steps, or I can lean to one side and use a whole foot.

Put about 750 miles on it in the last couple weeks, mostly riding to the beach and back, but it's such a delight to punch it and actually, you know, punch it. Passing lane? Oh yeah, buddy, lemme at 'em.

Planning a trip up to Mt St Helens at some point, but it's been hot as balls and night rides are a lot more pleasant.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

riding logging roads out to tillamook today to visit the best brewery (de garde) and eventually pick up the gf after she finishes hood to coast. first stop is chick fil a :D

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
De garde is dope but I’ve never been surrounded by more insufferable beer nerds than the one time I went there. There’s some killer roads out that way though.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Isn't it washington state where some dude in a pickup road raged on a gixxer girl and started bashing her head into the jersey divider? and then she drew a glock from in her track suit and killed him

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER

Razzled posted:

Isn't it washington state where some dude in a pickup road raged on a gixxer girl and started bashing her head into the jersey divider? and then she drew a glock from in her track suit and killed him

You remember it wrong but she did "stand her ground"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Quite A Tool posted:

De garde is dope but I’ve never been surrounded by more insufferable beer nerds than the one time I went there. There’s some killer roads out that way though.

lol yeah last time I was out there was when they were out near the old air museum I think? ended up buying like 10 bottles or so. great camping weekend

they had some cherry wine from a local place in a decanter labeled "sweet cherry wine" which has solidified my opinion as them being my favorite OR brewers

:cheers:

• Locked thread