Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

No need for us to rehash the rules anymore. Doubt we're going to see any new goons joining NCAA14.

S1 Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720593

S1 was a wash. I'm not even counting it. JB won in my mind, not only because he's LSU (G-E-A-U-X), but because he got screwed in the worst way. You win more often than not so I don't feel THAT bad for ya, but I didn't want you to let that NCG go to a sim. So we're forgetting all about it!

Season 2 is the season of insanity, thanks to ZSB's idea. Every team is an independent, we all got drunk together and said gently caress these conferences. There are no BCS AQ's, so even though we won't be getting a CCG, I think by removing all the AQ's, we're going to see more user bowls (hopefully BCS bowls mainly, but any bowl should be fun if it's a user game). Who knows, though? Not me! We're going to take this trip together and see where the rabbit hole goes.

The Teams, ordered by pre-season ranking:

#1 LSU - John Brown (GT: True Cryme)

#3 Clemson - Tyler/GroupMe (GT: WeenisWrinkle04)

#4 Oregon - Texas A. Wreckus (GT: QuikDrawQuincy)

#8 Michigan St - cletus42o (GT: cletus42o)

#11 Nebraska - Adam/GroupMe (GT: PFunk81)

#12 North Carolina - Crowe/GroupMe (GT: JCrowe19)

#13 South Carolina - Jes/GroupMe (GT: GatorJes)

#21 Minnesota - Dubious (GT: Dubious28SS)

#24 Texas - Pacey/GroupMe (GT: RyanFlavorice)

Florida - Diodeous (GT: BenedictWong)

Boise St - Nick/GroupMe (GT: Venom173)

:siren: :siren: Texas A. Wreckus :siren: :siren:
The GroupMe room for the dynasty can be joined here - https://groupme.com/join_group/14006457/KvqRRz - please join it so scheduling will be easier for everyone!

Crowe (UNC) is always difficult to persuade to play, so he will likely take more APs than we want, but we've got a lot of people here. Adam (Nebraska) just had a baby, so I did give him early byes, but we'll see how it goes - he wasn't tough to schedule with before, so that's just a guess. Pacey (Texas) and Nick (Boise St) I believe are in school, but both have definitely been playing at least their CPU games this past season - but I think I might have given them a heavy load on user games. We'll take it slow at times to accommodate schedules, especially for goons, but I'll try not to let things slip too much.

Connection issues - the person having them is going on AP. Don't care what the opponent says, or what the person with the issues says. I'm certainly not going to wait days if you put your foot down and say "just loving sim it already", but I'm going to state it in the GroupMe room anytime it happens so I will take any heat for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
WEEK 1

All goons have played their games already, but Wreckus/Dio, y'all will want to spend those recruiting points!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 2

User Games
#1 LSU (JB) @ #3 Oregon (Wreckus)
#10 South Carolina (Jes) @ #11 North Carolina (Crowe)
#18 Boise St (Nick) @ #5 Mich St (cletus42o)

All other goons have CPU games!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Wreckus, we're up. I think this weekend would be best. I could play early Saturday, maybe around 5-6 that same day as well. Sunday is opening weekend so some time between 5-7 would be best.

E: Unless you could somehow play by 3pm today?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Connection issues - the person having them is going on AP. Don't care what the opponent says, or what the person with the issues says. I'm certainly not going to wait days if you put your foot down and say "just loving sim it already", but I'm going to state it in the GroupMe room anytime it happens so I will take any heat for it.

Este es muy interesante. How would one judge who is at fault? What concrete evidence would be used to make this decision?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Este es muy interesante. How would one judge who is at fault? What concrete evidence would be used to make this decision?
Hopefully we won't have to cross that bridge.

But for last season, I know I had connection issues with Tyler in Madden just the week before (along with lag that had only started in games with him around that time), and I can't recall having connection issues with you in over 2 years. So I felt like I could make the judgment call there.

I guess I didn't have to MAKE it a rule since I can make whatever call I want anyway, and it shouldn't really apply anyway to any goons, I just wanted to state it so that I (and not you, for instance) would be the one taking any heat for making a decision like that.

It's not like I'm going to be a dick about it of course. I can't force anyone to play someone on AP either.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I was just wondering because I'm pretty sure Tyler and I will have that problem again when we match up this season (I've never been able to complete a game against him).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 3

User Game
#3 Mich St (cletus42o) @ Florida (Dio)

All other goons except JB have CPU games.

John Brown posted:

I was just wondering because I'm pretty sure Tyler and I will have that problem again when we match up this season (I've never been able to complete a game against him).
I just played him in another dynasty a few days ago without any problems, so hopefully whatever issues he was having are gone. We'll find out I guess. I don't think he's purposely screwing his connection up against you since I know he's taken losses in NCAA before, so it's just so weird that you two always have problems.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 4

Got some user games, think they're all goon vs GM people, so you've already been tagged so I ain't gonna repeat them here!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Crapped on Old Dominion. Team is still WIP, I hope the guys I'm chasing that are way out of my league stay interested.

My army of redshirts next season will be huge.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 5

No user games, all CPU games, go hog wild!

Note that we've officially lost Tyler/Clemson now to the XBONE, he is on indefinite AP. I'd say Crowe/UNC is most likely in the same boat.

So we're down to Wreckus, JB, Dio, and me for the goons. Adam (Nebraska) and Jes (SCar) have been plowing through still. Pacey/Texas is a little touch-and-go but I think it has more to do with being in school and I believe having to pack his 360 and take it back and forth between home and school on a regular basis.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nick has been hit-or-miss, and Dubious is still with us but will be going on AP during 10/3-10/11.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Will be advancing this in a few hours, definitely before the time you (JB) and Dio had planned to play your game.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 6

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
lol i beat TCU in the sim :getin:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

LSU over Florida, 44-14.

Really tough second half for the gators as the pass rush started to get to the QB. I'm so surprised I was able to rack up 3 sacks.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Minnesota comes within a fart of the upset win, as i forget how to spike the ball and stop the clock (spoiler - it's not the same button as Madden!). Time expired in the redzone before I got one last play off on a miraculous 1 minute drill.

Gophers lose 24-20. I got greedy on 4th and 1 on the 1, and elected to go for it instead of taking the FG, feeling confident in my defense pinning MSU at their 5, but they made a ridiculous 2 minute drill. I take that FG, and i could have kicked a game winner as time expired, but thems the breaks!

MSU wasn't stopping my run game except for the redzone - my HB and QB were breaking off runs at will, only to get stuffed in the red zone.

GG Cletus. I wasn't feeling my team much with some bad cpu games, but my recruitment strategy targeting specific needs is paying off for my scheme, and my RB will be with me for 3 more seasons.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

Minnesota comes within a fart of the upset win, as i forget how to spike the ball and stop the clock (spoiler - it's not the same button as Madden!). Time expired in the redzone before I got one last play off on a miraculous 1 minute drill.

Gophers lose 24-20. I got greedy on 4th and 1 on the 1, and elected to go for it instead of taking the FG, feeling confident in my defense pinning MSU at their 5, but they made a ridiculous 2 minute drill. I take that FG, and i could have kicked a game winner as time expired, but thems the breaks!

MSU wasn't stopping my run game except for the redzone - my HB and QB were breaking off runs at will, only to get stuffed in the red zone.

GG Cletus. I wasn't feeling my team much with some bad cpu games, but my [b]recruitment strategy targeting specific needs]/b] is paying off for my scheme, and my RB will be with me for 3 more seasons.

THIS. This is the key to building a strong and balanced roster. What good is a front seven if your oline is poo poo?

Nebraska has the best oline in any of the dynasties, and is one of the best rosters overall. Just because you prioritize needs first doesn't mean you can't still get that stud WR who's going to sit on the bench for 3 years. Also, I've changed my strategy to prioritize by needs, scarcity, and then BPA. I now have a great understanding of which positions are the hardest to recruit for and make them a priority when they're a need. HBs and WRs are a dime a dozen.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

GG Cletus. I wasn't feeling my team much with some bad cpu games, but my recruitment strategy targeting specific needs is paying off for my scheme, and my RB will be with me for 3 more seasons.
Yeah, definitely a great game for you. I have a pretty amazing RB so the fact that he wasn't running all over you all game long also speaks well for your run defense for sure. Couldn't get anything going with him those first two drives, so you got up on me quicker than I was expecting, but he did start coming through for me eventually. Probably the talent disparity (I think you mentioned you were like 79 OVR and I was 92 OVR or something beforehand?) started catching up on your defense finally.

But yeah, that last play was a bummer. I was like, "why isn't he hitting Y to run hurry-up!" (since you had stopped the clock with just seconds to go at the 9 yard line), but now knowing you were trying to spike it and either you hit the wrong button or the game screwed you on it makes that make sense to me now. I knew you couldn't win with a FG so when I saw the formation coming out I thought it was for a FG attempt at first and that for some reason you had misread the score or something. You definitely deserved to get that chance with the way you played so that sucks, but like I said in GM, with us all independent and no bowl tie-ins, anything can happen! (and I think you have the lightest schedule by request, which now I'm wondering if I gave you TOO light of a user schedule with the way you played me - since I don't think I put you up against any other users with top ranked teams)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

(and I think you have the lightest schedule by request, which now I'm wondering if I gave you TOO light of a user schedule with the way you played me - since I don't think I put you up against any other users with top ranked teams)

I underestimated my roster. Definitely open to more user games next season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Doh, forgot to post the update here again.

WEEK 7

Wreckus and Dubs, it's down to you two pretty much. Wreckus, if you can get it in fast please do, because I'll advance when Dubs is done since I never know when you'll get yours in.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
R2A

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Here is my annual "Welp, WVU is bad and I don't have a new NCAA Football game to trick myself into thinking otherwise" post. gently caress you, Ed O'Bannon and everyone else too dumb to find any value in a college scholarship.

Keep fighting the good fight, boys.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Um.. Is that an annual thing I've missed out on before? LOL

WEEK 8

Only user game is Dio against Texas, rest of us have CPU games.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 9

User Games are all goons vs GM - me vs Adam, and Dubious vs Pacey.

JB has a bye. :(

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 10

User games between goons and GM players - JB vs Jes and Dubs vs Pacey.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 11

User Games
:siren: #1 LSU (JB) @ #2 Mich St (cletus42o) :siren:
#6 SCar (Jes / GM) @ #21 Florida (Dio)

Those our the only games this week. JB, when is good for you?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 12

#4 Oregon (Wreckus) @ #13 Florida (Dio)

Everyone else but me has a CPU game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I got Mitch Leidner into Heisman range. Won't win it, but that's enough for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 13

Dio and JB with byes, all other goons with CPU games.

Would love to advance us by Sunday night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
FYI I am not going to be updating the thread anymore since the goons who are actively playing are all active in GroupMe and it's just easier to communicate there.

Wreckus, if you want to be alerted when you have games, log into the EA website and make sure that under the Teams tab you have it set to email you when the week has advanced.

If you have a user game, feel free to reply to this thread to try to schedule, but joining GM would be best. I'm just not going to keep posting the same thing in both places. Not closing the thread though.

We are at bowl week now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Eh, I'll try to update some for you Wreckus here still - we're at off-season recruiting now. Would like to advance tomorrow night if everyone can get it in, if not we can stretch it til Sunday.

• Locked thread