Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
You were warned ahead of time. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

When? I don't recall seeing anything about that.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Anyone feel like a game tonight? Say, 10 EST ish?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Had I seen this that night we would have invited you to our games. We usually play about 10 est every night and we are usually lacking a fourth.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Skunkrocker posted:

Doesn't SEEM very active... gonna join the chatroom for a while, see if anyone is up for a game with myself and my cronies.

One of these days we'll set events so some of us (me) remembers to check the group. Nevermind that I can do it...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Had I seen this that night we would have invited you to our games. We usually play about 10 est every night and we are usually lacking a fourth.

I haven't played in quite some time and would love to get in on this.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Finally got around to playing some of the bandit clan folks and god drat Twiss can be a monster. Go ham on spells and go for prestige or stones. Nobody wants to gently caress with you except for cards, and if you're digging through the spell deck like a madman you probably have all the good ones already.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The Rivals pack is out now, and the new characters are all pretty dope. Griotte the Butcher is nigh unstoppable at nighttime if she used a bunch of trickery cards during the day, Hargrave the Thunder Earl is a solid all-rounder with a cool inverted take on River's power (anyone who moves next to him while he's on plains or a mountain automatically gets shot by his cannon and takes damage), Fang the Berserker is tailored for Rot victories and is an absolute terror if he gets good gear due to his "attacking an enemy and overkilling them by 3+ hits completely negates their counterattack" ability, and Yordana the Devourer gets access to all kinds of annoying, free-to-cast pact curses and can effortlessly chew through the spell deck since any spell she plays on herself (during her own turn) just gets eaten by the cauldron to give her a better curse for a total cost of 1 magic.

Yordana's probably the hardest to play since she has a miserable 2 Fight and can only buff herself between turns, but it's still fun as hell to be an rear end in a top hat witch and spend the whole game making GBS threads obnoxious hexes all over people you don't like. One of them lets you steal 1 point from their best stat until one of you dies :stare:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 25, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Clarify cards that expire the next turn please. I'm bad at board games.

Say I'm 2nd in line and the 3rd guy is playing.

If I buff myself with the +2 body card. Does the effect run until the 3rd guy is playing again, or does it end when my turn starts?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

No, it ends at the end of your next turn. All "until end of next turn" cards last until the end of the next turn you take, i.e. the next time you start and then finish your complete turn.

Note that the card text applies to the player it's played on, so if you play something to Mercurio just before his turn starts, it'll still end as soon as he finishes his turn because that was technically the end of his next turn.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Thanks!

I'd be upset that I didn't know about this game earlier if it weren't still easy to get pub matches. My hat off to the people that made it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm on a hot streak! I've played 4 games since I reinstalled this and I've won 3 of them. I won with Hargrave and Yordana on my first try. Are the new DLC heroes overpowered, or am I just good/lucky?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What a game. I didn't know you could even HAVE two spirit walkers.

still won

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Haven't played this game in a while thanks to real life stuff/other games. I do want to keep the OP as current as possible though in case new goons want to get in on this.

If anyone with experience using the new heroes and mechanics wants to do a write up, I'll stick it in the OP along with your name.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Elpato posted:

Haven't played this game in a while thanks to real life stuff/other games. I do want to keep the OP as current as possible though in case new goons want to get in on this.

If anyone with experience using the new heroes and mechanics wants to do a write up, I'll stick it in the OP along with your name.

There's "2.0" version coming sometime soon. Not sure what it entails exactly.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/290340/announcements/detail/1662261735516765189

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Fang is... a little bit broken.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
The March update just released, and the game is currently half-price at 10 bux. Does anyone still play?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The coinflip is dead, long live the new loot system! :toot: You just get chests that can be unlocked, no need to win a key.

Also you get a free chest every day now from Skeeve's shop.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Lots of folks still play. I still fire it up from time to time, and I never have any trouble finding a group.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I still play semi-regularly. The game isn't dead yet.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Nerf River imo

e: oh and don't forget to play a couple rounds on Furry Friday; the blazingly fast turns make the game go a lot quicker, and having to think ahead and scramble to make your moves and card plays in time really adds a new dimension to the game.

e2: lmao two people chose Magna simultaneously in character select and it instantly crashed the game

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 30, 2018

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Picked this up in the humble bundle a month or three ago, finally got around to trying it out. Played an online game, prestige leader tried to kill the 2HP King (and apparently invading the castle or attacking the king makes you lose all prestige and immediately declare a new prestige leader) and murder-suicided them, resulting in me getting the win. Good poo poo. Is there a Discord or something to arrange games on? The mumble referenced earlier in the thread didn't have a room for this and the steamgroup doesn't look that active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Picked this up in the humble bundle a month or three ago, finally got around to trying it out. Played an online game, prestige leader tried to kill the 2HP King (and apparently invading the castle or attacking the king makes you lose all prestige and immediately declare a new prestige leader) and murder-suicided them, resulting in me getting the win. Good poo poo. Is there a Discord or something to arrange games on? The mumble referenced earlier in the thread didn't have a room for this and the steamgroup doesn't look that active.

It's attacking the King that makes you lose all of your prestige. Just strolling into the castle doesn't.

• Locked thread