Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casio_knight

i'm nervous now becuse we just got a new leader out of nowhere and i think the riots are here

i can't hear anything right now but that's worse because it means it's a

:woop:

Casio_knight fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casio_knight

and i guess tips to stop rioters would b nice please

i currently have my house really warm so if anyone riots in they'll be "wow, it's much too warm in this house i'm starting to sweat lets go outside again"

Casio_knight fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 14, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
tony abbot eating raw onion

Casio_knight

tony abbot becoming cobra commander after a hard night of thinking

update: a car just drove past my house - innocent driver or a scout for a riotpath??

Matey

eat food

Have some funny jokes/quips ready and turn it into a laugh riot!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

motley crue

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Abbott is a doofus but turnbull won't be much of a difference, it's a greed problem not a leadership problem.

Still Australia is kinda cool to live in

Piso Mojado

where is australia, and why should I care what happens to it?

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

joke_explainer

Piso Mojado posted:

where is australia, and why should I care what happens to it?

In this Winkel III projection (my fav) of the Earth, Australia is circled in red:

The population of Australia is about 23 million, so about 15 million fewer people than California. So you might care on just a general 'I care about humanity' level. It's isolation from the rest of the large landmasses of the planet have resulted in some very interesting evolutionary paths too. Like marsupials have colonized all kinds of areas that are generally filled by other creatures elsewhere in the world. There's the equivalent of marsupial deer, marsupial rodents, etc. There even was one apex predator marsupial carnivores.

Much of the continent is more or less uninhabitable, which the grand majority of the population living entirely around the coasts. The indigenous people have lived there for 40k to 70k years. The more recent founding of a British colony in the three hundred years has led to a lot of conflict between the settlers and the people that lived there beforehand, and a lot of it is pretty depressing. But they're a democracy with a line voting system so you might care to see what's going on with that I suppose. There's a guy from Australia that use to come to the IRC a lot. I bet he'd have more answers for you.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

joke_explainer posted:

In this Winkel III projection (my fav)

pffff. goode's homolosine interrupted rules

Piso Mojado

joke_explainer posted:

In this Winkel III projection (my fav) of the Earth, Australia is circled in red:

The population of Australia is about 23 million, so about 15 million fewer people than California. So you might care on just a general 'I care about humanity' level. It's isolation from the rest of the large landmasses of the planet have resulted in some very interesting evolutionary paths too. Like marsupials have colonized all kinds of areas that are generally filled by other creatures elsewhere in the world. There's the equivalent of marsupial deer, marsupial rodents, etc. There even was one apex predator marsupial carnivores.

Much of the continent is more or less uninhabitable, which the grand majority of the population living entirely around the coasts. The indigenous people have lived there for 40k to 70k years. The more recent founding of a British colony in the three hundred years has led to a lot of conflict between the settlers and the people that lived there beforehand, and a lot of it is pretty depressing. But they're a democracy with a line voting system so you might care to see what's going on with that I suppose. There's a guy from Australia that use to come to the IRC a lot. I bet he'd have more answers for you.

now do new zealand

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
supposedly nobody has served a full term as leader in Australia since the invention of the iphone. i guess that's because it's so much easier now to organise a deadly kumite for the position

~sig~

joke_explainer

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

pffff. goode's homolosine interrupted rules

while I admire its dedication to accurately depicting scale, the winkel III's is quite accurate with only slight deformation and isn't so confusing to most people. i mean, it looks like someone just squashed an orange in a pneumatic press then gently unfolded the skin.

ron color
Winkle

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Does australia have volcanoes or do you just shackle the old leader on top of that red rock thing and wait for marsupials?

joke_explainer

So good news: It seems Australia does not have any nuclear weapons in its arsenal. That's just great. They have done research in the past into them, but it doesn't seem like they got very far. Here's a shirtless dude examining a nerve gas 25 lb shell:

joke_explainer

i don't know. maybe at the time they were trying to get a jump start on the mad max style apocalypse for all their armed services personnel. dress uniform: speedo, spiked leather boots, gas mask, front pack to store gear

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

joke_explainer posted:

i don't know. maybe at the time they were trying to get a jump start on the mad max style apocalypse for all their armed services personnel. dress uniform: speedo, spiked leather boots, gas mask, front pack to store gear

everyone must serve as a warboy, it's in the constitution!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Casio_knight

yes i think i will join the warboys for protection now everythings turned weird

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

Splatmaster posted:

everyone must serve as a warboy, it's in the constitution!

In practice though, Australians will end up calling them something silly like "fighteys"

Casio_knight

first day of being a warboy was p good.

i have to share a go-kart with this guy kevin but they said after our first fightey i might get a car of my own :)

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

The old Australia pm will now return to the ocean

fuck. marry. t-rex

The Australian PM reproduces by sneaking into the nest of the electorate and replacing one of their eggs with the Prime Minster's own. The electorate will unwittingly care for thr egg until hatching, whereupon the new Prime Minister will consume everything around it before repeating the cycle.

ulvir

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casio_knight

lean into the wind to smell your prey

• Locked thread