Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
View Results

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Do It Once Right posted:

If you missed it, and don't want to spend 3 hours of your life watching it, here is an appropriate summary of the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQeqJng5vq8

I've said it once and I'll say it again, we backed the right people in the Chinese Civil War :colbert:

:allears: Fuckin beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Do It Once Right posted:

If you missed it, and don't want to spend 3 hours of your life watching it, here is an appropriate summary of the highlights.

A surprisingly good Ben Carson impression.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Do It Once Right posted:

Everyone should watch this, because while it is a sad reflection of how ridiculous we have become to the rest of the world, it is also very funny. (I lost it when Rand snuggled up to Putin.)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gibberish posted:

I don't get the "Fiorina won" thing, it was basically everyone just spouting off at every opportunity. No one really won, in my eyes.

The media is just another name for media corporations who do have one or more people at the top calling the shots. This means they have some control over the message they send out.

Those people happen to dislike trump most likely at a personal level, and probably also at a political level. Either he won't play ball or has enough dirt to not care. They really want someone else to be the front runner who is not trump.

So they will try pushing any candidate they can, or latch on to someone claiming that there was a leader, and report that someone else reported that there was a leader, either out of collusion or laziness to do any real analysis.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

zen death robot posted:

Because it's the Republican debate

I meant the obvious Christie/trap door width jokes

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!

This is a smart take and I'm glad Bernie's candidacy has given him the stature to be on the front lines reacting to events.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

EugeneJ posted:

Conservative media said Fiorina won the last kiddie-table debate as well when she didn't do much of anything.

Conservative media obviously thinks Hillary is going to get the Democratic nomination so they need a woman to be near the front of the pack in case Trump decides he needs a VP

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Jeb "I Blaze" Bush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Jeb "I Blaze" Bush

With a nickname like 'the burning Bush' he should at least be popular with the evangelicals

• Locked thread