Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Out of practically nowhere this team comes out of the woodwork and introduced their Server, which runs an NGE Version of Star Wars Galaxies. Turns out they have been working on it in secret for quite some time, which is odd as I know many of their developers and the bastards never told me!

From what I have seen it is pretty much completed, including JTL. Runs like a breeze, virtually no lag at all.

From their forums they intend their live play server to have "No admins, no rules. Pure anarchy let the community police itself."

It features everything the NGE version of SWG had to offer in its entirety.

Check the video to see more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36nppiUUrc

Didn't like that video? Here's one I took instead of some Working JTL and my terrible flying skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC0Yts6r_6E

Another of a run through the Tusken King Instance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cwj7ZOFuTY

https://www.swgreborn.com

Direct Link to Setup instructions.
http://swgreborn.com/forums/index.php?pages/setup/

Levarris fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Well at least we have choices now. Run a buggy pre-NGE version with a stale economy and playerbase or run a version that works but is NGE.

On the other hand maybe choices don't help that much.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I was lead to believe nobody liked NGE so hey great start there.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

I was lead to believe nobody liked NGE so hey great start there.

NGE is basically seen as the dumbing down of the absolutely fantastic profession system, but it came with a ton of content. Ideally, SWGEmu will provide Publish 14 gameplay with Trials of Obi Wan/JTL/Kashyyk gameplay.

So, are they still in testing? They were last I checked a couple months ago.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi
Updated OP with more info.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Levarris posted:

completed, including JTL.

:aaaaa:

Also one of you lot are doing mayor this time. If I do it again, someones house placement will send me into seizures.

k3dj
Aug 21, 2015
was this pretty good i never got to play it years ago the idea always seemed pretty awesome and tldr of the game would be awesome

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Always loved this game, even though pre NGE I wasn't very good and the skill progression felt like it took forever do get any skills. I still kind of missed it though when I tried the NGE stuff.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

WoW put the knife into this game so these developers deciding to recreate what twisted the knife while in SWG's dying body.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is there any word when they'll save player progression? Same reason why I don't play Basilisk

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is there any word when they'll save player progression? Same reason why I don't play Basilisk

Huh? Maybe I'm not understanding something but Basi has saved your character for multiple years.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Tai posted:

Huh? Maybe I'm not understanding something but Basi has saved your character for multiple years.

Yes, but it will get wiped when they launch Suncrusher. I just want a decent SWG server that is live and with the promise of permanent progression. Bloodfin is the only one that does that so far.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

When they exit their stress testing and put up a live play server, it will be persistent.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Honestly waiting on the Basi wipe. Then I'll be going full bore into that I think. I just cant make myself do NGE.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Yes, but it will get wiped when they launch Suncrusher. I just want a decent SWG server that is live and with the promise of permanent progression. Bloodfin is the only one that does that so far.

I hate to break it to you but every SWGemu is based from Basi code. Basi hasn't been wiped for years and I doubt it will finished for years. They want to make it perfect (or near enough). Servers like bloodifn etc are still based on Basi code but with added bits in.

E - I have had characters on basi for 3 years I think and they are still there. Jedi village isn't open let alone JTL so many more years yet.

Tai fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 24, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Erev posted:

I just cant make myself do NGE.

I can't imagine wanting to play NGE. That loving over-the-shoulder camera alone tears it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Tai posted:

I hate to break it to you but every SWGemu is based from Basi code. Basi hasn't been wiped for years and I doubt it will finished for years. They want to make it perfect (or near enough). Servers like bloodifn etc are still based on Basi code but with added bits in.

E - I have had characters on basi for 3 years I think and they are still there. Jedi village isn't open let alone JTL so many more years yet.

Isn't this based on the leaked source code?

And that's why I've given up on the SWGEmu, The Repopulation and Star Citizen will be out before Suncrusher launches.

Defiance Industries posted:

I can't imagine wanting to play NGE. That loving over-the-shoulder camera alone tears it.
I'll do it to play the legacy quests.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Defiance Industries posted:

You can change the camera angle in options back to behind you and not offset.

Isn't this based on the leaked source code?

And that's why I've given up on the SWGEmu, The Repopulation and Star Citizen will be out before Suncrusher launches.

I'll do it to play the legacy quests.

Yes it is based on the leaked source.

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One
And it looks like another promising emu server bites the dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

BromanderData posted:

And it looks like another promising emu server bites the dust.

To say the least. Well, to be fair it wasn't really an emulator considering they used illegally obtained SOE source code.

Probably for the best that this one died.

• Locked thread