Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp
So I've read a few threads here. One of them was about lemonade that wasn't made from loving lemons and you all seemed ok with it. I learned a really cool new term "steak juice". I had the pleasure of reading a thread about how special it is to cook turkey. On thanksgiving.

I know that I am new here and I know this site is unforgiving to new people. Can you just please point me in the direction of threads that dont suck. I'm not a baker (way too much science for me honestly) but I enjoy cooking meat things and also potato stuff and corn and who the gently caress knows what else, a lot.

I had higher expectations than this, whatever the gently caress this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
gently caress you.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

Desetr Eagle posted:

Can you just please point me in the direction of threads that dont suck.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Sometimes when people post stupid troll threads, rather than get all caremad, we'll just play along. If you can't tell the difference, :getout:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

pile of brown posted:

rather than get all caremad, we'll just play along.

lol bullshit you will

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Desetr Eagle posted:

So I've read a few threads here. One of them was about lemonade that wasn't made from loving lemons and you all seemed ok with it. I learned a really cool new term "steak juice". I had the pleasure of reading a thread about how special it is to cook turkey. On thanksgiving.

I know that I am new here and I know this site is unforgiving to new people. Can you just please point me in the direction of threads that dont suck. I'm not a baker (way too much science for me honestly) but I enjoy cooking meat things and also potato stuff and corn and who the gently caress knows what else, a lot.

I had higher expectations than this, whatever the gently caress this is.

Hello Desetr Eagle,
I would like to welcome you to these forums. We are not at all as insular as you seem to believe, and many of the posters here welcome the diversity that you represents so well.

I would, for example, be perfectly happy to discuss the merits of corn over potatoes with you, as they seem to be your area of expertise.

We also like to encourage the posting of content, and since you are a newbie, I would like to submit to you that you could partake in the discussion by making this, since you have all ingredients handy, with the possible need of an egg or two.

Welcome, and looking forward to seeing you posting to awe us all

Best regards

Happy Hat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Nooner posted:

lol bullshit you will

it usual requires effort on the op still for that to happen. chicken cheese didn't have much effort but lots of persistence and photos

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jose posted:

it usual requires effort on the op still for that to happen. chicken cheese didn't have much effort but lots of persistence and photos

My michelada thread had a lot of pictures and effort in the OP :sigh:

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Nooner posted:

My michelada thread had a lot of pictures and effort in the OP :sigh:
I liked the michelada thread...for a while. I've always wanted more threads like it, with a concentration on something particular and people coming in to give their perspectives or refinements to the thing being discussed. We have too many megathreads. The issue with smaller threads is they eventually die out as discussion or interest wanes. There's nothing wrong with this - it keeps the forum fresh and interesting, rather than clogged with the same old crap all the time - but when the efforts to resuscitate a thread outweigh with badness the benefit the thread can provide, it's my job as a moderator to take the thread out back and do the needful. Sorry that hurt your feelings, friend.

As to whether we're serious or loving with you/them, OP, can't it be both?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

bartolimu posted:

I liked the michelada thread...for a while. I've always wanted more threads like it, with a concentration on something particular and people coming in to give their perspectives or refinements to the thing being discussed. We have too many megathreads. The issue with smaller threads is they eventually die out as discussion or interest wanes. There's nothing wrong with this - it keeps the forum fresh and interesting, rather than clogged with the same old crap all the time - but when the efforts to resuscitate a thread outweigh with badness the benefit the thread can provide, it's my job as a moderator to take the thread out back and do the needful. Sorry that hurt your feelings, friend.

As to whether we're serious or loving with you/them, OP, can't it be both?

Its okay the thread really had run its course, you area good mod Bartolimu we need more like you on the forums (:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

gently caress you.

Good job, idiot. You've managed to be both stupid and worthless at the same time, a feat which only every dumb gently caress littering the side of every slow stoplight could heretofore manage. Please post more of your genius insights in other forums (esp GBS) so we may all be edified. Thank you.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

gnarlyhotep posted:

Good job, idiot. You've managed to be both stupid and worthless at the same time, a feat which only every dumb gently caress littering the side of every slow stoplight could heretofore manage. Please post more of your genius insights in other forums (esp GBS) so we may all be edified. Thank you.

great bump of a GBS poo poo thread, thanks

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mindphlux posted:

great bump of a GBS poo poo thread, thanks

No thank YOU, dumbass. Way to add nothing to the conversation.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Citrus season is winter, berry season is summer, stone fruit station is late summer into fall. What's in spring? Persimmon season? No, that's fall through winter. I guess spring is asparagus season.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Kenning posted:

Citrus season is winter, berry season is summer, stone fruit station is late summer into fall. What's in spring? Persimmon season? No, that's fall through winter. I guess spring is asparagus season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

No produce recommendations, 2/5.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Mods rename me Stone Fruit Station.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Kenning posted:

Mods rename me Dumb gently caress Jackass.

That's up to the GWS mods, but I am behind it.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

gnarlyhotep posted:

You used to be cool gnarly.

Holy gently caress I missed the mindphlux positive post count party.

OP, most goons are loving with you, always.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

You wanna go gnarly? Let's go right now. I'll make the thread, you choose the theme, King GBS Shitposter.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBvOHpNhswo

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 25, 2015

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Bring it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
YEEEEEEE HAAAWWWWWWWW!!!

• Locked thread