Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

hard counter posted:

The Y chromosome has fully withered in this gene pool cess bog.

RIP in peace.

Well, Finnish heritage disease is a real thing

like, inbreeding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

A modern gene survey done in a county close to where my paps' folks are from revealed that almost every family around was, like, really closely related, sometimes going back generations all the way to the 16th century. Apparently folks there didn't take kindly to outsiders much. :banjo:

In an unrelated note, I have an increased risk of hereditary heart diseases and severe thyroid problems from both sides of my family. And used to have bit of an overbite, but the dentist fixed that good when I was a kid. Finland!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I had a browse through my mother's family's family history from the early 1900s and recognized all the surnames from confirmation school. The good thing is I didn't recognize any of the spouses' surnames.

(The thing is, of course, that if you go back just a few hundred years, you'll find you're related to everyone else anyway.)

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
My back gave out while playing poker of all things, so Ive been in the hospital for around 5h now, having arrived in an ambulance. It's not a big emergency or anything but its painful as poo poo. Its a real quiet night so the nurses and docs come chat a lot with me whenever they have time. My kid and his generation will probably be hosed with getting good healthcare, but for now Id rather be here than living with ISIS. Soz for the pointless post but im bored in a hospital bed

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Just be glad you live in the bog my friend. As an American I would literally crawl to the hospital before getting into an ambulance if I wasn't dying.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The French Army! posted:

Just be glad you live in the bog my friend. As an American I would literally crawl to the hospital before getting into an ambulance if I wasn't dying.

If you're dying why bother going to a hospital?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kehveli posted:

My back gave out while playing poker of all things, so Ive been in the hospital for around 5h now, having arrived in an ambulance. It's not a big emergency or anything but its painful as poo poo. Its a real quiet night so the nurses and docs come chat a lot with me whenever they have time. My kid and his generation will probably be hosed with getting good healthcare, but for now Id rather be here than living with ISIS. Soz for the pointless post but im bored in a hospital bed

Back problems are the worst. Stay safe fellow bog-ghost.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Because I live in America and not a grim bog silly.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

(The thing is, of course, that if you go back just a few hundred years, you'll find you're related to everyone else anyway.)

I thought finns didn't consistently inherit their last names until more recently. They would change it to sound more swedish, russian or back to finnish when it suited them, or sometimes they picked something local sounding if they moved.

Nurge posted:

Back problems are the worst. Stay safe bog-ghost.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks guys. I'm home now and since I could only go to the bathroom after 3 opiate-based painkiller injections using a rollaattori, they let me sleep a bit after that before the doc woke me up, gave me my prescriptions and told me to stay and rest until I could get myself a ride home, or grab a subsidized taxi. It's probs gonna cost me around 3-50€ for the whole thing. During the last few years I've had a few teeth smashed with a split lip, I've needed a brain ct-scan, had a broken finger, bad enough infection in my feet to warrant using a weelchair and had to go show my kid at a docs office a few times. Wait times can be a bitch if you're not deteriorating or in any danger, but apart from that I've always felt I've been treated not only with professional skill but also empathy.

ps. just wait for the inevitable sipiläcare sote-solution.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I avulsed a nice chunk of my thumb with an axe once, and while getting it stitched back I joked with the nurse that I'd had an "axe-ident."

She looked me straight in the eyes and said in the most emotionless voice I've ever heard "Yes, it is fun to play with words."

:finland:

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Free Market Mambo posted:

I avulsed a nice chunk of my thumb with an axe once, and while getting it stitched back I joked with the nurse that I'd had an "axe-ident."

She looked me straight in the eyes and said in the most emotionless voice I've ever heard "Yes, it is fun to play with words."

:finland:

It's the healthcare equivalent of "oh there's no pricetag? Then it must be free heh". :finland:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hard counter posted:

I thought finns didn't consistently inherit their last names until more recently. They would change it to sound more swedish, russian or back to finnish when it suited them, or sometimes they picked something local sounding if they moved.

In Actual Finland, people didn't move around that much unlike the savage forest people. What were originally names of houses or estates became surnames. So one of the dudes I went to confirmation school with called Perseelä lived in a house called Perseelä, and his cousins lived somewhere else nearby. Also if you worked in a non-menial position on a royal estate (loads of them around) you were probably marked down on a ledger somewhere as having a surname.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

For the benefit of non-bog people (freely translated):

SCIENCE ILLUSTRATED. By popular demand: THE DEFINITIVE POOP-ARTICLE.

Kinda bummed I didn't renew my subscription honestly. Time to hit the library I guess.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
it's a lovely magazine so that's quite fitting

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Testti Reportti: Se on paska

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Free Market Mambo posted:

Testti Reportti: Se on paska

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is gambling allowed in the ISIS? I just won 146 at the bar and I'm well chuffed. Oh wait bars aren't allowed either.

I think ISIS might be good because gambling and drinking are actually very bad.

• Locked thread