Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I'm glad Wes is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's fun to show off that everyone involved could make a prestige drama instead of the wacky murder scheme show. I will not be happy if Frank stays gone. Michaela needs to pick better men. Wes should take his inheritance and move to a nice island.

Wes should have taken your advice.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Pretty interesting that they killed of Wes since he is basically the second most main character after Viola Davis. Kind of reminds me of how Quinn got her screen time reduced significantly after the first season of Scandal. How are the ratings? Any chance this doesn't get a season 4?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Wes and Laurel are the worst actors though so Wes being gone won't bother me much. Feels like Connor and Ollie are the emotional heart of the show anyhow.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

the escape goat posted:

Feels like Connor and Ollie are the emotional heart of the show anyhow.

True. Wes was our way to get into the world, but we've spent the last few seasons becoming attached to most of the non-Wes characters:

Season 1: Connor (and Oliver)
Season 2: Michaela
Season 3: Asher and Frank

Anna and Bonnie were always over. I don't dislike Laurel but she's the least of them at this point.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Artic Puma posted:

Pretty interesting that they killed of Wes since he is basically the second most main character after Viola Davis. Kind of reminds me of how Quinn got her screen time reduced significantly after the first season of Scandal. How are the ratings? Any chance this doesn't get a season 4?

If we were looking at the ratings data in isolation, it doesn't have particularly good chances -- particularly since the show only ever has fifteen episode seasons, instead of twenty-two, making it far harder for the show to reach syndication (which would usually guarantee a season 4 renewal at this stage). However, the show's part of ABC's TGIT lineup, which is a central part of the channel's branding, and so much of the rest of the channel's shows are really, really struggling -- Conviction, in particular, was probably being created as a potential stopgap to replace this show, and that's tanked ridiculously quickly, and there's next to no way that they'll renew Quantico either. Hell, things are even looking bright(er) for Agents of SHIELD right now.

I'd say there's a good chance the show gets renewed, but beyond Season 4 I've no idea. Perhaps a Season 5 as well, but that entirely depends on whether Viola Davis is willing to extend the season runs so that the show can make 88 episodes. Otherwise I'm doubtful that the network is willing to invest six years into the show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Previously on Viola Davis's Murder Babies...:

- Waitlist is dead
- Nate, surprisingly, is not
- Michaela and Asher have to show some Grace Under Fire dealing with her family :v:
- Connor: :alexa:
- Laurel is pregnant, conflicted, and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
- Bonnie and Frank are their usual competent, messy selves
- Annalise owns

:munch:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Don't eat that "free" sandwich. Now you owe her!
I am a big fan of the oversaturated Wes flashbacks after 3 years of dark and washed out flash forwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Ugh I hate this show but I can't stop watching it

I like TV shows with convoluted plots but this is getting a little out of hand for me

• Locked thread