Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Problem description: The Monitor (ACER G226HQL) boots up with the Energy Star logo and all that, then says "No Signal" and goes dark with the power light blinking.

Unplugging the video cable results in a "No cable connected" box instead. Plugging the video cable into another monitor works fine and displays normally. PC boots normally with now issues.

The machine boots up fine and I'm literally posting this from the same machine with a different monitor plugged in and that works fine.

Attempted fixes: Reboots all around, unplugging and reconnection of vid/power cables, different cables, alternate PC ports, etc.

Recent changes: None. Literally an overnight poof.

Operating system / System specs

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU: Intel Core i5 3550 @ 3.30GHz 33 °C Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M (CPUSocket) 36 °C
Graphics: DELL 1707FP (1280x1024@60Hz) AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Hard Drives: 466GB Seagate ST95005620AS (SATA)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Naturally with the usual results.

Am I missing something obvious or am I just unlucky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Try a different cable, or using the VGA instead of the DVI.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Alereon posted:

Try a different cable, or using the VGA instead of the DVI.

Already done did that, unfortunately. Was one of my first 'easy check/fix' because that would have been too easy/cheap if that was the problem.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Was the new monitor a bigger size by chance?

• Locked thread