Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pick 2: ---1 AFC and 1 NFC---
AFC: BILLS
AFC: RAIDERS
AFC: TITANS
AFC: Write in
NFC: CARDINALS
NFC: FALCONS
NFC: VIKINGS
NFC: Write in
View Results

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think it'd be fun to pick a couple "Teams of TFF" and have a group of posters watch games and post comments. We can pick an AFC and NFC team and participants can watch as many games however much they have time for. That way everyone has seen more or less the same thing and conversations can be more developed than a typical N/V thread. We can use this thread to pick teams and next Sunday I'll make the AFC team thread and NFC team thread. I've suggested 3 AFC and 3 NFC teams that are relatively low profile and very different this year. If you have a team you'd prefer you can write it in.

AFC:

Raiders: Lots of young stars and a promising question mark at QB.

Titans: Complete unknown with a nice looking rookie QB.

Bills: Tyrod time.

NFC:

Falcons: Why are they good this year? Let's find out.

Vikings: I'm biased, Zimmer. Also Bridgewater, AP and Aaron Barr are fun.

Arizona: Please don't pick this one, I don't want to watch Carson Palmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Eifert Posting posted:

I think it'd be fun to pick a couple "Teams of TFF" and have a group of posters watch games and post comments. We can pick an AFC and NFC team and participants can watch as many games however much they have time for. That way everyone has seen more or less the same thing and conversations can be more developed than a typical N/V thread. We can use this thread to pick teams and next Sunday I'll make the AFC team thread and NFC team thread. I've suggested 3 AFC and 3 NFC teams that are relatively low profile and very different this year. If you have a team you'd prefer you can write it in.

AFC:

Raiders: Lots of young stars and a promising question mark at QB.

Bills: Tyrod time.

NFC:

Falcons: Why are they good this year? Let's find out.

Arizona: Please don't pick this one, I don't want to watch Carson Palmer.

I'm down for OAK / ATL.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How many people are planning on watching games? I'll probably just make one thread if it's only a couple. If there's more than a half dozen it'd probably be better to keep each team separate.

I'm relieved the Cardinals aren't winning.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Sundays sound good, but with 10 hours of football already would anyone be down for watching a game on Weds nights?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Who did we decide on / Firing up reruns tonight.

Also with game pass condensed it should be like 4 total hours to catch up

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can do Wednesdays, I thought we'd watch games on our own schedule but doing it all at once makes sense too. Do we want to settle on Raiders, Vikings? Both teams lost ugly games so this isn't the best week to start on them, but both have some really fun elements.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This is a good idea, I'm in. Bills, Vikings, Raiders, Rams and Falcons are all real interesting to me but I think we should probably limit to one or two teams to keep participation rates high.

If it's just one I'd say Raiders. Between Carr, Cooper, and Mack they've plenty of young guys who will be fun to watch develop. Plus, they have a legit shot at the wild card if things break their way. The same could probably be said of the Vikings but since Teddy is getting an average .2 seconds before his pocket collapses that could be a little too ugly.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I can do Wednesdays, I thought we'd watch games on our own schedule but doing it all at once makes sense too. Do we want to settle on Raiders, Vikings? Both teams lost ugly games so this isn't the best week to start on them, but both have some really fun elements.

Sounds good to me, I might skip the first game for the Vikes though and we all should too I don't want to relive that atrocity.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just watched the Raiders second game (I, uh, saw the first one already) condensed and I'm excited about seeing all their games. They are a cool team and here are some of my take aways:
  • Holy poo poo, #27 tackles like a pachycephalosaurus who is tha- oh, Taylor Mays.

• Carr has a cannon but I can't tell if he's picking targets ahead or making reads.

• Both defensive secondaries were getting away with murder despite getting flagged a bunch.

• The Raiders receivers are fun to watch. I liked Hurns a lot and he's the #3.

• Raiders O-line seemed to outplay the ravers most of the game.

• Big question: Ravens TE was eating the Raiders alive first half and then disappeared. I want to watch 22 and see whether they took him away or if Flacco just got the Steven Smith Sr vapors.

I'll make a Raiders thread and a [winner of Cards vs Vikings] thread tomorrow.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Well I don't want to fall behind! Just finished game 1 vs the Bengals, here is what I saw

Bengals Notes
1.) Andy Dalton looks really god drat good. Everything was placed right into everyones hands.
2.) Geno Atkins beasted the RG that whole game. Holy poo poo.

Raiders Notes

• Raiders had a real problem setting the edge early in the game. How good are Cincy's tackles?

• Carr's arm strength looks really good. He barely puts anything on it and it sails. (Granted this is from a person who has watched Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel and Teddy Bridgewater for the past 5 years)
    Also he needs to learn how to god drat slide. No reason to be stiff arming Pacman on that scramble.

• Marcel Reece is cool and good. Sucks that his long run got taken back though. He juked the hell out of the LB.

• They are playing ALOT of 5 man fronts with a single high safety early. Looks like they switched to their nickel a lot after that. But even with that Oakland has really soft coverage in the middle of the field, and their
    safeties arent closing in on WR/TE after they clear the LB level fast enough.
    I can see how TE's are going nuts on them this year.

• Latavius Murray also looks good. Good speed through the hole.

• Seth Roberts please hold onto the god drat ball.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

:spergin: Anthony Barr :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Y'all are going to watch the Titans, be disappointed every week, learn the players names, and you will like it

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

Y'all are going to watch the Titans, be disappointed every week, learn the players names, and you will like it

Already did that with Madden

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

If I wanted to do that I would watch the Texans again.

:smith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Disappointed that you're not watching The One True TyGod, and Rex Ryan's Wild Ride of Penalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll make threads tomorrow.

• Locked thread