Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Hell loving yesssssss I love to see this! My old account is still active, I'll be jumping into this in a week or so when I can get on an unmetered connection to download it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If anybody wants an invite to the guild. add me ingame on Wormeye and I'll send you an invite.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I joined and am trying to figure out what to play. I started Shadow warrior and did some scenarios where I just put DOTs on everyone that was within range and ended the scenario way, way, way above everyone else in total damage and kills. I remembered why I loved this game when it first came out, and am very excited to keep on playing.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

jokes posted:

I joined and am trying to figure out what to play. I started Shadow warrior and did some scenarios where I just put DOTs on everyone that was within range and ended the scenario way, way, way above everyone else in total damage and kills. I remembered why I loved this game when it first came out, and am very excited to keep on playing.

Yeah the scenarios are a lot of fun. We have a discord with 30 people in it right now & a guild on Destro, but there's couple people either playing Order. I have a 27 Runepriest so if there's 6 people on Order we can make alt guild. Sometimes Destro getting rolled or I want to heal/get insta queues I'll log onto Order.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

knox posted:

Yeah the scenarios are a lot of fun. We have a discord with 30 people in it right now & a guild on Destro, but there's couple people either playing Order. I have a 27 Runepriest so if there's 6 people on Order we can make alt guild. Sometimes Destro getting rolled or I want to heal/get insta queues I'll log onto Order.

What's the discord? I don't see it in the OP!

knox
Oct 28, 2004

jokes posted:

What's the discord? I don't see it in the OP!

https://discord.gg/EHzVyKz
Link should work from last page

Any chance someone can add this to the OP with a updated date, maybe a few beginner videos I can link? Can't PM em.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Can anyone explain why some healers on destro side just bunny hop and heal alot? I keep seeing this and don't understand it.

Is it a quicker way to cast heals?

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

iminers posted:

Can anyone explain why some healers on destro side just bunny hop and heal alot? I keep seeing this and don't understand it.

Is it a quicker way to cast heals?

My guess is that they are Zealots who have instacast heals, dots, and shields. Tab targeting is notoriously bad in this game so they are bunny hopping to make it hard on people trying to click on them? I don't know, I don't see it too often.

Also, what the hell is with war priest early healing gameplay? Cast 4 mediocre heals and you are out of fury but a rune priest can spam instacast heals that are better without running out of AP? I basically said gently caress my teammates I'm setting myself to the defensive Target and just spammed the melee heal attacks. If my team wants heals they can get within 10ft of me as I crash into the backline :black101:

Beach Party fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 14, 2020

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
They might also be trying to get their target in LOS? I often find myself hopping while trying to use the insta-cast abilities, trying to snag LOS over a tiny hill or a stupid fence or something.

I remember DoK/WP early healing being not all that fun, but you will soon get your party wide heals and keeping your 6 party members healed up becomes a lot easier. This is based off of experience from retail, but I'm pretty sure they're still quite good.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Playing choppa for now since we need more melee to burn down these loving OP healers in this game, with any one of y'all who is a tank that can guard me. Hopefully I'll be closer to the 30 side by noon tomorrow when double xp ends.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Beach Party posted:

My guess is that they are Zealots who have instacast heals, dots, and shields. Tab targeting is notoriously bad in this game so they are bunny hopping to make it hard on people trying to click on them? I don't know, I don't see it too often.

Also, what the hell is with war priest early healing gameplay? Cast 4 mediocre heals and you are out of fury but a rune priest can spam instacast heals that are better without running out of AP? I basically said gently caress my teammates I'm setting myself to the defensive Target and just spammed the melee heal attacks. If my team wants heals they can get within 10ft of me as I crash into the backline :black101:

Your single target capability is dog poo poo until I think level 20, when you get a 1s cast group heal. Then you just spam that in between your resource builders.

I have a few chars on order side, and have been working on building a base on destro side during this event.

If you see me on Thicccbeard or Manpen, hit me up. IB/RP respectively. Haven't decided on a main on destro side yet. Just leveled a marauder and dok for pve farming for talis/apoth.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

PriNGLeS posted:

Your single target capability is dog poo poo until I think level 20, when you get a 1s cast group heal. Then you just spam that in between your resource builders.

I have a few chars on order side, and have been working on building a base on destro side during this event.

If you see me on Thicccbeard or Manpen, hit me up. IB/RP respectively. Haven't decided on a main on destro side yet. Just leveled a marauder and dok for pve farming for talis/apoth.

Add Dirkfunk my runepriest next time you're on, join the discord if you want as well we were going to register a order 'alt' guild if we had 6 people on. RP my favorite class but I've stopped playing it since the queues are instant and I'd rather level destro first with the 2x going + the Goon guild.

knox fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 14, 2020

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I’ve got a 40 WP on order, so I may log in on him (Cnidario) if you want to get an order guild going. Probably going to stick mostly with my shaman for most of the time though

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man I just don't know what to play. I really like Shadow Warrior but I also really like healing. I played WP for a while a long long time ago and really liked it but I just don't know!

What is "in demand"? A good healer, a good tank, etc.?

knox
Oct 28, 2004

jokes posted:

Man I just don't know what to play. I really like Shadow Warrior but I also really like healing. I played WP for a while a long long time ago and really liked it but I just don't know!

What is "in demand"? A good healer, a good tank, etc.?

Do you have a Destro character or just only want to play Order?

I know we have a KOTBS, me Runepriest, someone is a engineer, few others I forget. ShadowWarrior kills it also.

Make a healer on destro if you want to play with da goon gits, but play the SW as well. I'm playing heals on Order.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

knox posted:

Do you have a Destro character or just only want to play Order?

I know we have a KOTBS, me Runepriest, someone is a engineer, few others I forget. ShadowWarrior kills it also.

Make a healer on destro if you want to play with da goon gits, but play the SW as well. I'm playing heals on Order.

I'll make a DoK on destro then. Give it about 15 levels before I decide if that's The One.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I keep hearing that shadow warriors aren't dog poo poo, but I've yet to see it in a scenario.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

PriNGLeS posted:

I keep hearing that shadow warriors aren't dog poo poo, but I've yet to see it in a scenario.

From what I’ve seen and done, shadow warriors are able to finish off dying folks (or folks getting pummeled by mdps) very easily which is nice since most healers are more about spitting out HoTs than putting up barriers/heals so burst is more important. SWs are also able to load a bunch of dudes the gently caress up with dots which is some pressure for enemy healers to contend with. Switching from “no scope trick shot king” to “no, actually, I am the witch elf” is a superpower too.

They’re really great. Mine is R18 so I haven’t gotten to do too much but from what I’ve seen they’re able to really confirm team pushes.

A lot of pubbies just spam eagle eye on healers which is completely negated by two HoTs.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

We got an Order guild up the other day, Goon Squad. Looking like there's plenty of activity between Order/Destro, so either faction if you're down to play, hop in discord or post here and you can get an invite.

Discord: https://discord.gg/EHzVyKz

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Getting my old interface back up to speed

Find addons here https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I like this game, but it turns into an insufferable grind, that only no_life poopsockers could enjoy, around the mid twenties. Same as when it was released. Perfect for corona times I guess. The community is also pretty toxic, but I could just be saying “it’s an mmo” here, so it’s whatever.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
hell yes im getting back into this in quarantine. glad goons are getting back as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917780

^ New thread. Should probably get this one closed.