Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games#/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6zS6Z9FGQ
:siren: (WINDOWS) Download the prototype and play it right now! :siren:

Indivisible is a 2.5D side-scrolling action game with platforming, exploration of a huge map, RPG elements, a huge cast, upgrades that open up new ways to travel/explore/fight, and... wait, let me start over.

Take Valkyrie Profile. Now make the game take place inside a Metroidvania. Now make the combat ATB without transitions to battle screens (like Chrono Trigger) but with real-time defense (like Super Mario RPG), all while designed by the Skullgirls team. Now add high-resolution, hand-drawn HD animation. Now add a soundtrack done by Hiroki Kikuta, who did the soundtrack for Secret of Mana. Now make it all take place in Southeast Asia. That's Indivisible.

The game revolves around a girl named Ajna (AHZH-na), who goes on a journey of self-discovery after realizing she has hidden powers. She encounters a gigantic catalogue of warriors and misfits who she summons into combat as her Incarnations (think Einherjar from Valkryie Profile). Exploration and upgrades are discovery-based (although the prototype unlocks things automatically after you fight enough enemies), so while the game is like an RPG there isn't much use to grinding. The Incarnations you meet are all managed inside a growing hub world (think Bastion), including many who are useless in a fight but help in other ways to support and equip you.

Combat is a little crazy. ATB bars fill up for each member of your party, and each party member is mapped to a face button on the controller. Party members attack when you hit their button, although they have multiple moves depending on whether or not you were holding a direction. There's a super meter (called Iddhi) that builds up when you do longer combos, so you want to coordinate your hits among your group. You can spend the meter to do super moves, or you can spend it to block incoming attacks, which also occurs in realtime. Combat takes place directly on the map where you're exploring, so wandering enemies might end up walking into your battle with you, you can knock enemies out of the battle by sending them far enough way, you can be knocked out of the battle by being sent far enough away, enemies or your party might be more vulnerable to AoE attacks depending on how close they are to a wall or ledge, and so on.

Really, you should just download and play the prototype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwQkqbHY_58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvkYP-ejCs

Indivisible is being crowdfunded on Indiegogo. If the game is funded, it'll be released in 2017 on Steam, Mac, Linux, XBone, and PS4. You can find out details about the campaign budget here, and you can donate to the campaign here.

But really, you should at least download and play the prototype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I wasn't super excited first hearing about this but I downloaded the prototype the other day and it's just a really fun system. Lab Zero have proved they get poo poo done, so I've backed it.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I keep throwing money at the screen but the full game hasn't appeared yet. :argh:

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
So Broken Loose since it seems like you know everything about this game, do you know the damage/recovery/meter build of all the attacks in the prototype? Cause otherwise I was going to try to figure all that stuff out. I wanna be optimal.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

may contain peanuts posted:

So Broken Loose since it seems like you know everything about this game, do you know the damage/recovery/meter build of all the attacks in the prototype? Cause otherwise I was going to try to figure all that stuff out. I wanna be optimal.

All my knowledge merely amounted to having earlier access to the prototype than most. Mike doesn't believe the combat is "solvable" at this point, but this guy who did a 6m26s NewGame+ speedrun of the prototype shows off some really good combat strategies against the boss. I think the majority of attention has shifted toward finding the secrets in the prototype, like how you actually keep the speed booster after killing the boss and if you can walljump your way out of the pit you can use it to break into otherwise inaccessible rooms and stuff.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

The prototype has totally convinced me. I didn't think I'd get down for crowdfunding again but dammit.

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill
I just got done with the prototype and I'm impressed at how much I enjoyed this game. Although, I was too lazy to hook my 360 controller up, so the game kind of felt awkward on a keyboard. Regardless, I'm backing this.

Kp fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 6, 2015

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I'm not big on crowdfunding spending trends but I'm getting the feeling this campaign isn't looking too hot considering big-dollar projects tend to get disproportionate amounts of money during the first and last 24 hours. Seeing that it's not even past 150k at this point is kind of bad, though maybe I'm wrong on this.

I can't understand any reason why they'd go with Indiegogo over Kickstarter, especially when it's a fixed funding project. The campaign is good too, the info is clear and bullshit-free and there's an actual quality demo but they're going to be hard-pressed to get to 1.5 mil since it's not a nostalgia-grab and it's on the little brother of the crowdfunding scene. What's the most a video-game kickstarter has received that wasn't a "from the maker of x", "spiritual successor of y" deal?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's inspired by valkyrie profile, though. It is a nostalgia grab, it's just a nostalgia grab for a more obscure game.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Sivek posted:

I can't understand any reason why they'd go with Indiegogo over Kickstarter, especially when it's a fixed funding project. The campaign is good too, the info is clear and bullshit-free and there's an actual quality demo but they're going to be hard-pressed to get to 1.5 mil since it's not a nostalgia-grab and it's on the little brother of the crowdfunding scene. What's the most a video-game kickstarter has received that wasn't a "from the maker of x", "spiritual successor of y" deal?

Indiegogo actually approached them after their last campaign, because it was basically the biggest success on their site. The site wants to market this campaign as a Big Thing. Additionally, the money is paid out earlier, the open funding option exists, and basically Labzero is using a lot of options that Kickstarter simply doesn't offer.

Magic Bus
Nov 5, 2011
Just upgraded my contribution. Hope this campaign make it so I can run a team of bagpipe and nun samurai.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

This is one of the potential party members, Naga Rider, defender of the dharma and hero of Tai Krung City.

Why haven't you funded the game yet?

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Im starting to get worried that it wont make. Does anyone have stat data?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

This is one of the potential party members, Naga Rider, defender of the dharma and hero of Tai Krung City.

Because it's on Indigogo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

JesterOfAmerica posted:

Im starting to get worried that it wont make. Does anyone have stat data?

The daily take has been slowly trending upwards so they could plausibly make their goal but it'll be very tight.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Because the combat in the demo was not fun.

It's action oriented and not turn based so you don't get to really see and appreciate all the beautifully animated characters. The stages look amazing and if it were just an action platformer it would be an easy sell.

But as it is I just can't see supporting it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Looks like the tweets were deleted, but LabZero had their PayPal suspended (now restored after 2 days). Again. You may remember this happened with the Skullgirls indiegogo as well, but seems to be for a different reason.

Games not gonna be funded, maybe some publisher will swoop in.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Relin posted:

Looks like the tweets were deleted, but LabZero had their PayPal suspended (now restored after 2 days). Again. You may remember this happened with the Skullgirls indiegogo as well, but seems to be for a different reason.

Games not gonna be funded, maybe some publisher will swoop in.

They already have a publisher, the problem is that the publisher isn't willing to fully fund the game on their own in the face of all these other crowdfunding projects that exist. The publisher is providing $2,000,000 if and only if the campaign hits $1,500,000, and all $3,500,000 of that is required to make the game. If the campaign isn't funded, then LabZero will probably split up.

Honestly, I can think of many better ways to run this campaign than what they did, but that's neither here nor there.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

The guy basically looks like Brain Drain from SG. Which I don't mind, since I really wanted Brain Drain back then in the old character votes.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ventana posted:

The guy basically looks like Brain Drain from SG. Which I don't mind, since I really wanted Brain Drain back then in the old character votes.

Panzerfaust/Dahlia/Marie or bust.

But, no really, Brain Drain had a neat design so it's cool.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

I'm getting reports that the Indivisible prototype is now available on PS4. If you wanted to try it out but didn't have a PC, now you can, maybe, if you own a PS4, and if these reports are accurate, I can't check myself cuz I'm still at work.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, it got an extension from 40 days of campaign to 60 some time ago and now it's funded a few days before the new deadline. I'm pretty happy.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Let's take the time to appreciate the best Incarnation video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuNGBv4JV2Y

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ventana posted:

Kai is yet another victim of typecasting :(

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Finally played the prototype after hearing the game got funded. I'm glad it did because it is cool and good.

My only concern is the battle system getting stale after a while.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Ventana posted:

I'm a fan of this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1oTRdonZTg

DrManiac posted:

My only concern is the battle system getting stale after a while.

In the demo, any enemies you outleveled would be killed outside of battle Metroidvania style. So hopefully that, along with LZ keeping enemies fresh, will prevent the RPG battles from getting grindy.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 2, 2015

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'm a fan of this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1oTRdonZTg

In the demo, any enemies you outleveled would be killed outside of battle Metroidvania style. So hopefully that, along with LZ keeping enemies fresh, will prevent the RPG battles from getting grindy.

In addition to this Mike has said that there are a lot of system mechanics they didn't have time to program in that will be in the full product

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Saraiguma posted:

In addition to this Mike has said that there are a lot of system mechanics they didn't have time to program in that will be in the full product

Yeah, in fact he wrote up an article on stuff they'd like to do.

http://indivisiblegame.com/blog/building-on-the-indivisible-prototype/

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Pretty excited this game got funded. Can't wait to buy it when it comes out!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm kinda sad they put an anime opening theme ahead of a bonus dungeon. Does anyone ever enjoy an opening animation more than once?

Let's hope alex ahad has less, uhh, control over this one than mike.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm kinda sad they put an anime opening theme ahead of a bonus dungeon. Does anyone ever enjoy an opening animation more than once?

From what I've seen of the character designs they don't look as Alex Ahad-ish as Skullgirls, which is good.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

They've mentioned it before but the price a goal is at isn't indicative of how much it's going to cost. Sure people might want more game content first but that's always going to be more expensive to do.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tales of the abyss

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Zaa Boogie posted:

They've mentioned it before but the price a goal is at isn't indicative of how much it's going to cost. Sure people might want more game content first but that's always going to be more expensive to do.
Sure but they are hiring an external studio to do the intro, surely they have an estimate on how much that costs. I would prefer if they did not spend any money on that before doing all the levels they want.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well, tough poo poo

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Sure but they are hiring an external studio to do the intro, surely they have an estimate on how much that costs. I would prefer if they did not spend any money on that before doing all the levels they want.

But the reason why they asked for the amount of money they did was so they could do all the levels they want. Stretch goal game play is basically fun extras that would come after the game comes out. So trying to claim that is kind of weird!

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Brand new Indivisible update! Do you like monsters and concept sketches? Then this update is right up your alley:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls/x/12372610#/updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
So the mystery anime studio working on the intro has finally been revealed, it's Studio Trigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH9gEU8Do8Q

• Locked thread