Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RatHat posted:

Is Halloween even a thing in Japan?

I actually don't even know. Probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seems it's basically a holiday celebrated by expats that is slowly starting to bleed into larger cultural awareness in recent years. Maybe zoglin could say more?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
There is a Halloween episode of Love Live, so I assume it's at least well-known in Japan, if perhaps not widely celebrated.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

franken fran

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

franken fran

Oh my

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ghost Hound is good and very, very weird/creepy. Not sure if it's Halloween-y in the same way Soul Eater is, but it's worth checking out.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

RatHat posted:

Is Halloween even a thing in Japan?

I have a friend who's working in Japan at the moment and I can confirm that it is a thing over there, in the kind of decorations in shops and halloween themed food for sale way. I don't know if trick or treating is a thing over there though.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Red Bones posted:

I have a friend who's working in Japan at the moment and I can confirm that it is a thing over there, in the kind of decorations in shops and halloween themed food for sale way. I don't know if trick or treating is a thing over there though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

show of the season osomatsu-san just had an halloween episode op

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Yotsuba is the best manga ever written.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The episode of Naruto where Rock Lee stays out all night in a pumpkin patch to meet the Great Pumpkin.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Yotsuba is a punk

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Red Bones posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKenUX8QT5c

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7drNj1uW6UA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

show of the season osomatsu-san just had an halloween episode op

Nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's gonna be a guilty gear Xrd Halloween event in Tokyo with a cosplay challenge and a tournament where everyone will be wearing character outfits while gaming

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Dispatch an ADTRW agent to the scene, immediately.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

.jpg posted:

Dispatch an ADTRW agent to the scene, immediately.

wheres potn....

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i think that was the dudes name... i dont remmeber

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

There's gonna be a guilty gear Xrd Halloween event in Tokyo with a cosplay challenge and a tournament where everyone will be wearing character outfits while gaming

link

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

wheres potn....

potu... he posted something about being abused by insane japanese hostel patrons or something so either he's dead or just busy rewatching K-ON for the millionth time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/16/dizzy-voted-to-become-playable-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/ last paragraph

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Are you going to be in Tokyo for that event Davincie?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i will be, so i might check it out. i don't know anything about fighting games tho ^^

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i will be, so i might check it out. i don't know anything about fighting games tho ^^

Lucky....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's a quick primer on Guilty Gear Xd - S I G N -: Revelator. http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2015/jun/06/jacko-gif-2/

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

.jpg posted:

dead or just busy rewatching K-ON for the millionth time

Those aren't different things.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

In Training posted:

Here's a quick primer on Guilty Gear Xd - S I G N -: Revelator. http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2015/jun/06/jacko-gif-2/
sweet butt

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I like that look for lelouch more than the one in the show

• Locked thread