Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lum
Aug 13, 2003

My GF was out for a bike ride last night in the woods and heard kitten meows.

We spent 4 hours looking for them last night. They appeared to be up a tree, possibly in a bag, there was a loud one that would respond to me meowing at them, and a quiet one that would respond only to the other kitten. Was too high up and pitch black, and the RSPCA were all "whatever, call us in the morning if they're not dead by then", and both us and the other couple who were looking for them had to give up.

Came back first thing this morning, and found them under a plank of wood behind the bins at the cafe/gift shop...

Here they are with the other person after we fished them out.

She has decided to keep the black one, we kept the black+white one, who is very comfortable and warm in my GF's boobs. We've named him "Chi".

Chi's sister is very protective of him, and we feel really bad about splitting them up, but we're both only able to take in one cat.

So say hi to Chi...

He's currently isolated in the bathroom with litter, food, water and a cat house next to the radiator, that previously belonged to our other cat, Tigress. He is hiding in there and hisses if I go near him. He has a fungal infection on his ears and bumhole, it's orange and the vet doesn't know what it is but gave us some cream to put on it anyway, and as far as I can tell is going to google it and call me back.

Tigress doesn't normally get on with other cats, but we think she'll be ok with a kitten, so far she has shown curiosity but no aggression. This is Tigress...

Tigress is a very affectionate cat who loves cuddles and sitting on painful parts of your body. Here she is literally getting on my tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
To be honest the only response I could make after that was going to be just

KITTIES!

But I am an adult and going to use my words so holy poo poo look at them kittens :3: And Tigress. You appear to have hit the awesome cat jackpot twice.

(Also nice to know that Kiska is not the only cat who sees boobs as a sleep shelf)

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

My GF is currently sat on the bathroom floor, Chi is willingly sat between her boobs, purring , paddy pawing and accepting strokes.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

He is scared of hands. So chances are whoever dumped him also treated him shittily beforehand.

Not sure what to do about this.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lum posted:

He is scared of hands. So chances are whoever dumped him also treated him shittily beforehand.

Treats help if you can find something he likes.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Lum posted:

Canned tuna juice and let him lick it off you fingats

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pictures also help, I hear. But only if it won't scare him.

If it will scare him, post more of Tigress. Win/win.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Tendai posted:

Pictures also help, I hear. But only if it won't scare him.

If it will scare him, post more of Tigress. Win/win.

Oh, I have many pictures of Tigress.

It seems she is unhappy about the kitten though :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Lum posted:

Hands move quickly and if they're stray kittens they may not be used to those motions. It'll take time. Treats and time and he'll get used to it. If he's already chill for pettings, that's a good start.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hands move quickly and if they're stray kittens they may not be used to those motions. It'll take time. Treats and time and he'll get used to it. If he's already chill for pettings, that's a good start.
Yep, this. And really, just be chill around him. Sit nearby, talk to him, let him come to you and make sure he sees that all good things (treats, food, etc) come from people. He'll come to the realization in time once he mellows out.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

He's quite comfortable with my GF now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh goodness :kimchi:

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Attention: We have kittenloaf. This is not a drill!

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

So Tigress hates Chi. She's ok when she can't see him, but as soon as she does it's hissing and growling before she leaves. Chi doesn't seem to give a poo poo though.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Kitten update: Likes my GF's boobs

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That little white nose bit is adorable

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Unfortunately Chi has to spend tonight in the cat house in the bathroom as it's Tig's turn to sleep on the bed with us.

Chi isn't going to be happy as he's already gotten comfortable with this house, came downstairs on his own today.

However I think swapping them around like this is probably going to be the best way to get Tig used to the scent of Chi until we're ready to do the closed door feeding thing.

Tig growls if Chi gets closer than a few feet, and attacked today, tiny cut inside the ear but no real damage, so hopefully Chi has learned to keep some distance.

Chi gives no fucks about the growls, Tig is currently growling away from the other side of the curtain and Chi is like yeah whatever Imma roll onto my side and sleep now.

He's likely going to be more intelligent than Tig based on what I've seen so far, so this is going to get interesting.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Tendai posted:

That little white nose bit is adorable

You think that's a white nose bit?

That's a white nose bit.

(Her name is Teebo. Please excuse my lovely phone camera.)

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Kitten status: Hunting butterflies.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Khizan posted:

You think that's a white nose bit?

That's a white nose bit.

(Her name is Teebo. Please excuse my lovely phone camera.)

I cant figure out this cat's face. It is the Rorschach of cats

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Lum posted:

So Tigress hates Chi. She's ok when she can't see him, but as soon as she does it's hissing and growling before she leaves. Chi doesn't seem to give a poo poo though.

Totally normal, just don't leave them unsupervised together until you trust Tigress with the baby.

This might be useful, at least to see what behaviors to look for. (Keep in mind Bengals have some Asian wildcat genes.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRuG0D-WsU

• Locked thread