Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm curious to see what they mean by "improving mobility" to help get to objectives, maybe just increasing character run speed in general?

Overall this is looking good though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I didn't have an issue with the online gameplay in the first place, so I'm not to keen on this patch.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm happy they've nerfed the Stealth Camo a bit. Decloaking on damage is a good thing.
Infils only having access to Shotguns is still dumb though.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Croccers posted:

I'm happy they've nerfed the Stealth Camo a bit. Decloaking on damage is a good thing.
Infils only having access to Shotguns is still dumb though.

I would assume you still get the basic AR, no?

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I think the only change I don't is the increase in movement speed. The game should be about tactical positioning, utilizing cover, and sneaking; not move fast die hard.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Yesss deactivating stealth on damage

Nooo increased mobility

drat I'm like pretty surprised they're trying though. Is there hope?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lol they 100% nerfed my main loadout (infiltrator with stealth 2, fulton 2, and enemy locators).

rip op imba class

Really glad I never prestiged, looks like level 37 will be the prime spot.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Actually, thinking on it more, I hate that they included invisibility field. The active camouflage from MGS4 would have been perfect for infiltrators.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The removal of the CQC icon sucks too. This will be for the best if it keeps more people interested in the game but I'm not sure if it'll do that.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Nthing my support for most of these changes but I'm a little worried that they completely gutted the infiltrator. Hopefully they're significantly faster to make up for it.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I actually like the removal of the cqc button prompt, it's the damage I'm worried about. Did they remove sprinting punches as the ohko, or is a cqc slam that's no longer an insta stun? If it's the latter then infiltrators keep close range supremacy while the others don't. Between the lmg fix, overall first person aiming fix, and health bump it seems the enforcer is due to shine. I'm glad I've been leveling every class in retrospect.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Yeah I kinda like removing the prompt, I'd rather be looking at what's actually happening and where people are facing instead of hunting for the prompt. But I also agree it'll be lame if they nerf CQC damage too much. CQC owns

But yeah even though I mostly play infiltrator, I much prefer the class in general get nerfed and Enforcers get buffed. I really think Comm Control, if done right, could someday approach the "living MGS battlefield" I so dream of. I've had a couple matches that got close to that, where the teams had a nice spread of classes and people were doing their jobs. But I'm still cool with this game as Broken Troll Simulator 2015, goddamn if this silly poo poo isn't fun as hell.

Also, is there a guide or FAQ up yet where I can look up all the abilities, and various interactions? Can you CQC grab someone while they're rolling? poo poo like that.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I think Cloak and Dagger would work better if they integrated alert levels into the game, and didn't allow defenders to utilize stealth invisibility.

• Normal Mode: Defenders may not move faster than a walk. Defenders are unable to see the discs on the map, although they can see the objectives where they are held.
  • Caution Mode: Defenders movement is unrestricted. Defenders are unable to see the discs on the map. The last known location of where enemies have been spotted is shown as a red circle.
  • Alert Mode: Defenders movement is unrestricted. Game will show any enemies that have been spotted on the map and track them until all enemies have been killed or have successfully escaped line of sight and evaded.

I mean there are several ways to mix up this game mode to be more fun with sub-modes:
  • 1 invis stealth camo vs. entire server, with short reflex mode enabled.
  • small team vs large team, with limited or no invisibility.
  • equal teams, with limited or no invisibility.

I'd also like to see electronic detection equipment like cameras, laser sensors, lighting tied to generators; and have defenders be required to physically travel to those objects to fix them so that everyone isn't just camping around the main objectives.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Dang, sounds like they are nerfing infiltrators hard, tho I'm sure it's not the end of the world. Why are they reducing walker damage and making them more susceptible to certain weapons, aren't they well balanced as is?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Still doesn't address the fact that you get nothing if the host leaves mid-match. They need to address that.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Finally unlocked the isando and it gets nerfed :(

Like the changes otherwise though.

CountingWizard posted:

I think Cloak and Dagger would work better if they integrated alert levels into the game, and didn't allow defenders to utilize stealth invisibility.

• Normal Mode: Defenders may not move faster than a walk. Defenders are unable to see the discs on the map, although they can see the objectives where they are held.
  • Caution Mode: Defenders movement is unrestricted. Defenders are unable to see the discs on the map. The last known location of where enemies have been spotted is shown as a red circle.
  • Alert Mode: Defenders movement is unrestricted. Game will show any enemies that have been spotted on the map and track them until all enemies have been killed or have successfully escaped line of sight and evaded.

I mean there are several ways to mix up this game mode to be more fun with sub-modes:
  • 1 invis stealth camo vs. entire server, with short reflex mode enabled.
  • small team vs large team, with limited or no invisibility.
  • equal teams, with limited or no invisibility.

I'd also like to see electronic detection equipment like cameras, laser sensors, lighting tied to generators; and have defenders be required to physically travel to those objects to fix them so that everyone isn't just camping around the main objectives.
It would be impossible for defenders to win a game if they can only walk and can't see their objectives. I do agree defenders shouldn't have stealth camo themselves. If you're having trouble with campers that probably means it's time to change up your loadout and be more creative.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Since I assume you can instantly kill anyone you grab still I guess the CQC slam nerf is another way to try and legitimize lethal play. That being said, don't need a chokeslam when you can just Bullhorn someone instead. It is going to be even more of a pain to rip walker gear pilots out of the chair though

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Considering that most people are playing as infiltrators, I wonder if people aren't just going to quit, instead of grinding poo poo up again. The main problem with much of mgo is that you just get outright better poo poo at higher levels.

I also think it's not good to make such broad changes all at once. Also nerfing walker gears is odd since they aren't that strong to begin with. Most people act like idiots around them which is why most people get shredded.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

blackguy32 posted:

Also nerfing walker gears is odd since they aren't that strong to begin with. Most people act like idiots around them which is why most people get shredded.

Walker gears are one of those things where everyone is awful at using them except for one occasional guy that absolutely -wrecks- everything with one.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Walker gears are one of those things where everyone is awful at using them except for one occasional guy that absolutely -wrecks- everything with one.

That guy can only wreck if other people suck, though.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I find walkers to either be super resistant or made out of paper.

party started for ps4
psn: tyreebiggums

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Shoehead posted:

- The throwing arch of the Empty Magazine will be invisible to enemies.
Holy poo poo I'm dying here. Not only are most people in online not even going to notice a magazine when it's thrown, if they did, they would have seen where it came from!? :laugh:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

coyo7e posted:

Holy poo poo I'm dying here. Not only are most people in online not even going to notice a magazine when it's thrown, if they did, they would have seen where it came from!? :laugh:

If people took Cloak and Dagger a bit more slowly (longer timer would help) it'd be useful. It creates a big blip on the map, the same as if an enemy player was running or making noise. Theoretically this could be used to entice enemies away from the group, into an ambush or something.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Yeah, it's a shame you get 300 seconds to get to the disk and get it back. There's no incentive to going carefully. Most of my big C&D wins are "sprint in when everybody else is dead and somehow get away and make it," or "someone else grabbed a disk and I'll take the one near me".

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I may be the only person playing this terrible game but I don't care

Patch is live: http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/index.php?d=201511&id=733

Right after firing the studio that made it: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-online-studio-konami-la-shut-down-updat/1100-6431933/

also

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:shittypop:

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Hey if anyone is playing this add my PSN: DoctorKinbote. I am addicted to it and think the patch has actually made it pretty fun. It actually takes skill to stun people now, or at least more than running around tossing whoever is close to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Cloak & Dagger should really have a higher XP multiplier. I remember Search and Destroy in COD giving out like 10x the normal experience, since your actions were more important (and you weren't playing as often).

• Locked thread