Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

danucleus posted:

Need some advice. Would you guys drop Gorgui Dieng for Zaza Pachulia right now knowing someone will probably pick up either player. I'm in an active 14 owners league.

You should probably be good. JaVale is still "weeks" away from being back and might hurt some of Zaza's numbers when he gets back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
If only Sam Mitchell would play Dieng next to KAT, then I'd never be put in this predicament. Well Zaza got snatched up before I could pull the trigger. I guess I will just have to be a little more patient with Dieng. I did also pick up Capela so I'm not hurting too much on the front court.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm in a 12 team H2H Keeper league and we are looking for a replacement owner to take over. You can keep up to two players for three years each, you pay what that player was originally drafted for. Scoring for the league is shown below. It's a very active league and next year we plan to vote on rather or not to give 3PT it's own scoring category, which I honestly expect to pass. We had someone new join and they haven't been active since the draft so we are looking for someone to take over their team as is. Their roster is below as well:

Points (PTS) 1
Blocks (BLK) 2
Steals (STL) 2
Assists (AST) 2
Rebounds (REB) 1
Turnovers (TO) -1
Field Goals Made (FGM) 1
Field Goals Attempted (FGA) -1
Free Throws Made (FTM) 1
Free Throws Attempted (FTA) -1

I'll take the first person who replies but I do ask that you plan to be active as this plans to be a multiple year league so we are looking for people who aren't going to bail at the end of the year.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I'm in a 12 team H2H Keeper league and we are looking for a replacement owner to take over. You can keep up to two players for three years each, you pay what that player was originally drafted for. Scoring for the league is shown below. It's a very active league and next year we plan to vote on rather or not to give 3PT it's own scoring category, which I honestly expect to pass. We had someone new join and they haven't been active since the draft so we are looking for someone to take over their team as is. Their roster is below as well:

Points (PTS) 1
Blocks (BLK) 2
Steals (STL) 2
Assists (AST) 2
Rebounds (REB) 1
Turnovers (TO) -1
Field Goals Made (FGM) 1
Field Goals Attempted (FGA) -1
Free Throws Made (FTM) 1
Free Throws Attempted (FTA) -1

I'll take the first person who replies but I do ask that you plan to be active as this plans to be a multiple year league so we are looking for people who aren't going to bail at the end of the year.

I am willing to take over as my own keeper points league fell apart. What do you mean by "pay what the original player was drafted for"? I'm assuming it's an auction draft? Any other quirks I should know about? What are the waiver and add drop rules?

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ihatepants posted:

I am willing to take over as my own keeper points league fell apart. What do you mean by "pay what the original player was drafted for"? I'm assuming it's an auction draft? Any other quirks I should know about? What are the waiver and add drop rules?

Say you draft LeBron James for $30. If you keep him, you have $30 deducted from your starting cash in the draft for every year you keep him. If his production goes down or goes up, you only pay what you originally drafted him for. You can keep a player for up to three years, after that you have to drop them so they can re-enter the drafting pool again.

Waiver wire is pretty standard, you have a certain amoutn of cash for the year to add/drop players as you see fit. You bid on a player you want, if you bid 0 and no one else bid on that player you get him. If someone outbids you, they get them. If you both bid the same thing I believe it comes down to waiver priority at the time.

What is your email, I'll get you an invite.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Say you draft LeBron James for $30. If you keep him, you have $30 deducted from your starting cash in the draft for every year you keep him. If his production goes down or goes up, you only pay what you originally drafted him for. You can keep a player for up to three years, after that you have to drop them so they can re-enter the drafting pool again.

Waiver wire is pretty standard, you have a certain amoutn of cash for the year to add/drop players as you see fit. You bid on a player you want, if you bid 0 and no one else bid on that player you get him. If someone outbids you, they get them. If you both bid the same thing I believe it comes down to waiver priority at the time.

What is your email, I'll get you an invite.

Sent you a PM with my details.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Rondo nearly has as many assists this week as my opponent's entire team

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
And as many turnovers, probably.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Spoeank posted:

And as many turnovers, probably.

10 to 33

BUT: If you combine he and Harden, you're more than halfway there, haha.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Is Ty Lawson droppable in 12 team 9 cat leagues?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yes. I'm in just that type of league and I'm holding onto him a bit longer, though. Seems like his role may be reduced with the coaching change but I want to give it more time to play out.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I dropped him, yeah. I didn't really want to, but as already mentioned, his playing time might actually go down soon. Severed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If someone drops Covington in a 12-team league, I think you should pick him up.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Would you guys drop Valanciunas in a 12-team 9-cat? He's due to miss 6 weeks and that's just long enough that I'm thinking I need to let him go.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
I drafted my team this year to win 3s, steals, assists and blocks, hoping that there would be enough carry over skills (and streaming, 4 pickups a week) that I could get at least one other category. So far so good, im easily in first place and I've only "lost" one week.

Anyway, the real point of this post is that Draymond Green is a god for this roster style.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Yesterday I worked out a deal for Mike Conley with me giving up Devin Booker and DeMarre Carroll. The league vetoed it today when it was announced that DeMarre had surprise knee surgery.

I was so close. So close.

edit: I just noticed how dead this thread is, so uh

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hey, I've got a discussion point for everyone. A guy in my league has put Anthony Davis on the block, but he's not actively putting out offers. What kind of package is he worth at this point? He's putting up first round value still, but not number one overall value and he always seems like an injury risk. I already have Steph Curry (who I'm not moving), but I have some guys like Paul Millsap, Kevin Love and Kristaps Porzingis that I could conceivably build an offer around. Has anybody seen any similar trades in their league this year that would give me a baseline idea?

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
I'm in a points based league that scores fg1 fgm-1 3p1 3pm-1 rb1 ast1 st2 blk2 to-1 double double +3 triple double +6 quadruple double +12 and a point is 1 also. So I'm working on a trade where I send James Harden and Enes Kanter and get Chris bosh and Kyle Lowry. I need a point guard cause Ish Smith is currently my only rostered pg.

My team Ish Smith, James Harden, Will Barton, kawhi Leonard, Wes Matthews, Draymond Green, Karl Anthony towns, Jonas valanciunas, Zaza Pachulia, Kanter, Khris Middleton and Bradley Beal on ir. I'm in need of another point guard and think this trade has its value unless Harden goes super crazy from this point on.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DeepDickPizza posted:

Hey, I've got a discussion point for everyone. A guy in my league has put Anthony Davis on the block, but he's not actively putting out offers. What kind of package is he worth at this point? He's putting up first round value still, but not number one overall value and he always seems like an injury risk. I already have Steph Curry (who I'm not moving), but I have some guys like Paul Millsap, Kevin Love and Kristaps Porzingis that I could conceivably build an offer around. Has anybody seen any similar trades in their league this year that would give me a baseline idea?

I don't think any rational person is gonna trade Davis to a team that already has Curry.

Speaking of trades, this year my league decided to switch to a dynasty-lite format where we each have three keepers, only one of which can be in the top 25. Also, we've opened up draft pick trading. It's hilarious. Draft picks butter everything up. We've had more trades so far this year than we've had in the previous four years combined.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

attackmole posted:

I don't think any rational person is gonna trade Davis to a team that already has Curry.

He worked out a trade with someone else before I even tried to float anything to him. AD and Elfrid Payton for Kyle Lowry and RoLo. Basically the guy who owned Davis is toward the top of the league but was tired of dealing with his constant injuries. The guy who traded for him is toward the bottom of the league and wanted to take a risk to climb back in it.

And hey, I traded for Le'Veon Bell when I already had Adrian Peterson in football this year. You can't make silly trades happen unless you ask.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's easy to get frustrated with a guy when he misses time and misses free throws but dang, trading AD for Lowry pretty much straight up is something I would have never expected to hear of when the season started

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Should I send Redick and Beal for Tobias Harris and Luol Deng?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Doltos posted:

Should I send Redick and Beal for Tobias Harris and Luol Deng?

Really late on this reply, but I probably would. Depends what cats you need, really. I'm a former Beal owner and he terrifies me.

Keeper league question:

We keep 4 out of 13 guys. Right now I'll be keeping Kemba, Giannis, Blake, and Marc Gasol (can't find a trade partner and I can't let him walk). I've sold off all of my other assets and now have all 9 of my draft picks in the first 5 rounds. How do people feel about D'Angelo Russell going forward? If I could trade Kemba for D'Angelo and a 1st rounder that is likely going to be a top 3 pick next year, is that a reasonable deal? Kemba has been awesome but this kind of feels like a career year and maybe I should sell high and buy D'Angelo now that he's starting to get more consistent run.

I'd have Russell/Giannis/Blake/Gasol, 3 first round picks, 1 second, 2 thirds, and 3 fourths.

Or would that be selling Kemba too cheaply?

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 1, 2016

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gobias Ind. posted:

Really late on this reply, but I probably would. Depends what cats you need, really. I'm a former Beal owner and he terrifies me.

Keeper league question:

We keep 4 out of 13 guys. Right now I'll be keeping Kemba, Giannis, Blake, and Marc Gasol (can't find a trade partner and I can't let him walk). I've sold off all of my other assets and now have all 9 of my draft picks in the first 5 rounds. How do people feel about D'Angelo Russell going forward? If I could trade Kemba for D'Angelo and a 1st rounder that is likely going to be a top 3 pick next year, is that a reasonable deal? Kemba has been awesome but this kind of feels like a career year and maybe I should sell high and buy D'Angelo now that he's starting to get more consistent run.

I'd have Russell/Giannis/Blake/Gasol, 3 first round picks, 1 second, 2 thirds, and 3 fourths.

Or would that be selling Kemba too cheaply?

I really like Russell, especially once Kobe is gone and there are more shots to go around. He seems like he could put up some solid numbers on a bad team. If your gut is telling you that Kemba is on the downswing then I would make the move. You are pretty much selling a known for a unknown though and that is always dangerous. Getting the pick with D'Angelo softens the blow if the trade turns out not in your favor. I'd say make the move.

Was wondering if I could get some advice on a keeper league I'm in. The scoring is as follows:

The league tends to favor guards as Steals and Assists make two points.

Here is my team:

I can keep two players and you can keep players for three years so Randle is definitely the long game for me. So far I have Wall and Julius Randle set as my keeper but I'm toying with the idea of keeping Wall and Thomas. What do you guys think?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I really like Russell, especially once Kobe is gone and there are more shots to go around. He seems like he could put up some solid numbers on a bad team. If your gut is telling you that Kemba is on the downswing then I would make the move. You are pretty much selling a known for a unknown though and that is always dangerous. Getting the pick with D'Angelo softens the blow if the trade turns out not in your favor. I'd say make the move.

Was wondering if I could get some advice on a keeper league I'm in. The scoring is as follows:

The league tends to favor guards as Steals and Assists make two points.

Here is my team:

I can keep two players and you can keep players for three years so Randle is definitely the long game for me. So far I have Wall and Julius Randle set as my keeper but I'm toying with the idea of keeping Wall and Thomas. What do you guys think?

I ended up making the deal, but getting a better return. I sent Kemba for Russell, a 2016 first (likely a top 3 pick), and a 2017 second. I miss Kemba already, but I'm feeling good about the deal long-term.

Julius Randle strikes me as a guy that's going to be a better real life player than fantasy player. He's really lacking in peripheral stats, including assists. He'll probably be a double-double machine, but I'm not sure what else he gives you. With that scoring I'd keep Wall and Isaiah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sooo should I be keeping Devin Booker instead of D'Angelo Russell? What's going to happen when Knight, Bledsoe, and Booker are all healthy?

• Locked thread