Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I used to have it, now I dont have it anymore. I probably won't get it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
uhh how else would you view the hilarious content on the front page like teh flash tub

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i dont know

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

vsphere web client :smithicide:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pbskids games are flash I'm p sure, other games/video sites for kids definitely need it

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
just install Microsoft Silverlight, op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pram posted:

the front page

the what?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I deliberately uninstalled it on my Mac (snow leopard lol) and if I need flash I switch to chrome

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

I have it on a win 7 install so I can watch a few youtube vids that don't work with html 5, otherwise I got rid of it.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

The only one stupid enough to have flash installed is also a Windows user

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
but what about all the fantastic games on newgrounds.com

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Squinty Applebottom posted:

The only one stupid enough to have flash installed is also a Windows user

how else are you going to play games, if you're referring to me as that's all I use Windows for (aside from the rare win app I can't avoid) because it is a toy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Phoenixan posted:

but what about all the fantastic games on newgrounds.com

home star runner

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Silver Alicorn posted:

home star runner
that too

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
no

i guess chrome has its sandboxed instance but who uses chrome lol

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

BONGHITZ posted:

I used to have it, now I dont have it anymore. I probably won't get it again.
sounds like a disease OP

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

pram posted:

uhh how else would you view the hilarious content on the front page like teh flash tub
they're all on teh you tub now

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
“Steve Jobs and his ‘reality distortion field’ was probably the worst thing to happen to Flash,” said Newgrounds co-founder Tom Fulp. “There were valid concerns about the security of Flash but the reality was that Steve had an ax to grind with Adobe ever since they didn’t have his back when he returned as the head of Apple. [...] But he was a dick, so that’s how it goes.”

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Metrication posted:

“Steve Jobs and his ‘reality distortion field’ was probably the worst thing to happen to Flash,” said Newgrounds co-founder Tom Fulp. “There were valid concerns about the security of Flash but the reality was that Steve had an ax to grind with Adobe ever since they didn’t have his back when he returned as the head of Apple. [...] But he was a dick, so that’s how it goes.”

man who makes money off thing insists thing is good and cool

film at eleven

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
i install flash. i'd install the shockwave player too if i could

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I use the WildTangent plugin.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I had to install flash for some reason I can't remember (but recall being annoyed by it) but I just use click to flash so it never runs

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I was about to install it for something but then realized that whatever I was trying to do wasn't worth installing flash for, same with Java tbqh.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
come visit my VRML chatroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i don't know if i have it installed and i'm not going to check

• Locked thread