Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

naem posted:

My grandma would say "iced" water as if the very concept was new fangled

My grandma would save tin foil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

Now does the heavy drinking mean that Wisconsin is the hardest - partying Midwestern state or just that it has something in it that is causing the most crippling alcoholism

no we gotthat award to

fuc king GO BADGER YEAH FARANK THE TANK

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Pffft.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Haha holy poo poo, I have been here. These guys are weird as gently caress but they fixed my blown plasma for less than $200 even though everything I looked at said I'd probably be better off just buying a new TV for what it'd cost me.

The shop was a total mess with poo poo just stacked top to bottom, but one of those things was a Mortal Kombat arcade machine.

The surrounding town, Ravenna, is a nightmare hellhole full to the brim with meth/heroin addicts and sex offenders. It's an impressive drop off for a town only 10 minutes away from Kent State University, which basically singlehandedly keeps Kent from becoming Ravenna II.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

tite

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

bloodysabbath posted:

Haha holy poo poo, I have been here. These guys are weird as gently caress but they fixed my blown plasma for less than $200 even though everything I looked at said I'd probably be better off just buying a new TV for what it'd cost me.

The shop was a total mess with poo poo just stacked top to bottom, but one of those things was a Mortal Kombat arcade machine.

The surrounding town, Ravenna, is a nightmare hellhole full to the brim with meth/heroin addicts and sex offenders. It's an impressive drop off for a town only 10 minutes away from Kent State University, which basically singlehandedly keeps Kent from becoming Ravenna II.

I go to kent and I had a class with a prof who always made jokes about his fat, stupid wife and all of her crackhead family from ravenna. That dude owned

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Minnesota is best Midwest state, Ohio is the worst IMO.

http://www.roadsnacks.net/these-are-the-10-worst-cities-in-the-midwest/

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ohio isn't really midwest its more mideast

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

ohio isn't really midwest its more mideast

Ohio and Indiana are crypto-southern states IMO

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Haha nice try nobody is gonna claim ohio and indiana both nothing states

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I fuckin love Ohio, it's the coziest state and it also serves as the vanguard against Republican presidents because if they don't win us, they don't win the race.

(Ohio is totally going Trump this year. :( )

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

bloodysabbath posted:

I fuckin love Ohio, it's the coziest state and it also serves as the vanguard against Republican presidents because if they don't win us, they don't win the race.

(Ohio is totally going Trump this year. :( )

the only deep red part of the state that has any amount of people in it are the cincinnati suburbs and even then they're mostly evangelicals. then again everyone in cincinnati is racist as gently caress so its a wash

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Matey posted:

overpriced????

the coffee is 5 cents and the ice water is free!!!

!!!

Why are they squatting? You can pour coffee standing up. Do midwesterners think it has to be poured one foot above the ground?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Why are they squatting? You can pour coffee standing up. Do midwesterners think it has to be poured one foot above the ground?

They are cowboys they are prolly squatting around a campfire

I wouldn't read too much into cartoon cowboys and it's correlation to the midwest's understanding of coffee.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Linux Pirate posted:

They are cowboys they are prolly squatting around a campfire

I wouldn't read too much into cartoon cowboys and it's correlation to the midwest's understanding of coffee.

well put

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bloodysabbath posted:

For perspective, Ravenna hasn't really had anything going for it since the DoD idled the Ravenna Arsenal after the end of WWII (it was one of the top 5 ammunition plants in the nation during the war, by extension the biggest employer in the area and what put the town on the map.)

Basically, they got hit with economic ruin about 30 years ahead of the rest of the rust belt.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Geoj posted:

For perspective, Ravenna hasn't really had anything going for it since the DoD idled the Ravenna Arsenal after the end of WWII (it was one of the top 5 ammunition plants in the nation during the war, by extension the biggest employer in the area and what put the town on the map.)

Basically, they got hit with economic ruin about 30 years ahead of the rest of the rust belt.

It was also one hell of super fund site due to all the explosive and ammo production, costing around $150 million to cleanup.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/beating_plowshares_into_swords.html

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
That too...my cousin was in the reserves and his unit did their weekend exercises there. He said they were always warned that "there are places - and we don't know where they are - where there is more explosive in the ground than dirt, so exercise caution when you shoot your guns."

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Just shows you how bad Ohio is. All of these people wanted to get as far away from it as possible so they left the planet.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't know I own a house in Kansas City but it kinda sucks. Then again I'm from Orlando FL and that REALLY sucks.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

super sassy~~

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

i would have sex with all this white girls

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Any time I wanna visit the Midwest I just go out to the tide flats. It's where all the idiots who heard the minimum wage is 9.18 in Washington go when they figure out a 1-bedroom is like 850

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

90S KIDS WILL GET THIS

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tom Hennen is a family friend. He wrote one of my older brother's letters of recommendation for OCS. Good guy, great mustache

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Matey posted:

super sassy~~

"hoosier" is a great descriptive insult and more people need to learn what it is

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Double Agent posted:

Just shows you how bad Ohio is. All of these people wanted to get as far away from it as possible so they left the planet.

sorry bud, everyone's dad ever beat you to this joke

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

BITCH I FEEL GOOD

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I spent the first 22 years of my life in Ohio and all I remember is playing pool, being drunk, and scraping ice off my windshield

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

du -hast posted:

i would have sex with all this white girls

I call the guy in daisy dukes in the middle

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matey posted:

I call the guy in daisy dukes in the middle

Old thunder thighs. :allears:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Old thunder thighs. :allears:

mmmmm

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

the missourah mud bugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLlK1HkT5ik

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

karen can't even hold her own loving washboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

comes along bort posted:

sounds like a lamer, even more whitebread, low rent south of the border

Not without a racist Hispanic caricature it's not.

• Locked thread