Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I live in Florida's twelfth congressional district, whose representative is a dickhole Republican who ran unopposed in 2014. I looked around to see if any Democrats or third party guys were running for the seat in 2016, and I really had to look hard, but I found Dr. Damian Stone. I discovered him in the comments of Youtube video of my congressman, Gus Bilirakis, saying some stupid poo poo on the House floor about how terrible Planned Parenthood is. It wasn't a Youtube commenter mentioning him; it was Dr. Damian Stone himself telling all 2000 people who watched that video that he was running. I was intrigued, so I clicked on his Youtube channel, and what I saw there was some of the most bizarre poo poo I've ever seen. Nothing I could write can really do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGvvu3AIl4s
The creepy-rear end music played over weird home video shots of his house, the way he awkardly stares into the camera... something about this video is really surreal to me. When I first saw it I suspected this was some kind of obscure ironic video series. It should also be noted that although he thanks everyone who has contributed to him, his ActBlue page shows that he has raised zero dollars, as of October 27th. In addition to the announcement video, his channel has a series of videos simply labelled "1", "2", "3", and so on. Each of them has between zero and five views, and are just Dr. Damian Stone shakily holding a camcorder pointing at his face while he talks about his run and the incumbent candidate in different parts of his house.

I believe I'm one of about a dozen people in this district who know that this guy exists and is running for office. If you search for Dr. Damian Stone on Youtube, he's not even the first result; that would be some other guy named Damian Stone with 34 subscribers who posts videos about Mustangs. His website is also something to behold: http://www.liberaldemocratpolitician.org/. I dig the domain name. Also of special note is the photo gallery. Check it out.

I'm pretty sure I could run a better campaign than this guy, and I'm just a stupid goon. Still, he has my vote. I don't know if obscure creepy guys running for congress is a common thing around the country and I just didn't realize it before stumbling onto Dr. Damian Stone, or if this guy is really something special. I just know I really got a kick out of his website and his Youtube channel.

MrWillsauce has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015
I'll vote for him.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
he got them coke sniffs

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgFt8eWJce0

quote:

When You're Dreaming .. You're Alive .. is a compilation video consisting of a variety of examples of The Human Spirit, Celebrating Diversity, Challenge, Stamina, Determination, Persistence, and Victory. Even if you do not agree with my Polemic, or my Rhetoric, and even if you do not support my Political Election Campaign for United States Congress, Please take a few minutes and watch this video; it just may change your life. Thank you, Dr. Stone.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
This was a thing in Arizona elections last year:

https://www.facebook.com/NOAZMINEDRACULAS

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Joke candidates running for state office are one thing. Dr. Damian Stone is legit.

Also I know where his office is and could probably meet him if he didn't creep me out.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Riding the coattails of Ben Carson's whole 'doctors are actually crazy' thing.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
What's he a doctor of?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

What's he a doctor of?

sovereignty

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Darkman Fanpage posted:

What's he a doctor of?

Corporate Law and Veterinary Science.

And two more things, apparently.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Some internet digging shows that he has a PhD in philosophy, american government, and politics. Also he apparently ran for president in 2012. Presumably even less people knew about the presidential run as his current congressional one. Also I realized today that his website has a "Please Donate" button, which just links back to the homepage. Most candidates make it easy to donate to their campaigns, but Dr. Damian Stone plays hard to get to make you want to even more. Given the quality of his website and how terrible he is at campaigning on social media, I struggle to imagine what he would even spend the donations on. The dude is already rich, anyway. Maybe we can goonfund Dr. Damian Stone so he can hire a professional to run his campaign for him. And also someone to serve the term in congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015
Hey man, don't forget about that amazing (stock) photo gallery.

• Locked thread