Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Mastu?
View Results

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The ~Matsus:

The trouble-making main characters of the series. Their family name is Matsuno (松野) and their parents are Matsuzō and Matsuyo. They are 10 years old and in the 5th grade. Their birthday is May 24. The six of them get along well, particularly Osomatsu and Choromatsu, but there are many occasions where Osomatsu and Choromatsu (or just Osomatsu) will get in a fight with the rest. In the 1988 anime and halfway through the original manga, their spotlight is stolen by Iyami and Chibita and they are essentially demoted to supporting characters.

Osomatsu (おそ松)
The oldest and leader of the sextuplets, as well as the best fighter in the group. In the 1993 one-shot story "Osomatsu-kun Grows Up", he has become a typical salaryman and is unmarried. His name comes from osomatsu (お粗末), which means lame or ill-prepared in Japanese.
In Osomatsu-san, he is a brash and bullheaded elder brother and self-proclaimed leader of the brothers.
Karamatsu (カラ松)
The second oldest. He is neat and tidy and yet fickle. In "Osomatsu-kun Grows Up" he has married a green grocer's daughter. His name comes from karamatsu (唐松?), the Japanese word for larch.
In Osomatsu-san, he acts cool and intimidating just to pick up women but he fails at it.
Choromatsu (チョロ松)
The third oldest. He is the clever one of the group but also very selfish. He and Osomatsu usually cause mischief together. In "Osomatsu-kun Grows Up" he has become a police officer.
In Osomatsu-san, he is an idol otaku who has become the straight man to his brothers, often reacting to many of the crazy situations the brothers are involved with.
Ichimatsu (一松)
He is referred to as Ichi (one) but is the fourth son. He is very honest and very strong. In "Osomatsu-kun Grows Up" he has become a company president after marrying his predecessor's daughter. His name comes from Ichimatsumoyō (市松模様), the Japanese word for check pattern.
In Osomatsu-san, he is the pessimist of the group and tends to overreact the most when it comes to being teased. He also has an affinity for cats.
Juushimatsu (十四松)
The fifth son. He is very kind, but that is also his biggest weakness. In "Osomatsu-kun Grows Up" he has become a doctor. His name comes from jūshimatsu (十姉妹), the Japanese word for society finch.
In Osomatsu-san, he is the goofball of the brothers to the point of being crazy and tends to be very athletic.
Todomatsu (トド松)
The sixth and youngest son. He is very carefree and dislikes baths. His catchphrase is Todo no tsumari (とどのつまり ...in the end). In "Osomatsu-kun Grows Up" he runs a fish market. His name comes from todomatsu (椴松), another name for the momi fir of Japan.
In Osomatsu-san, he is effeminate and is far more successful with women than Karamatsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

why is the poll jumping around

what did you do

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I voted for Jyushimatsu, I think?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I refuse to take part in this heresy.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Not gonna vote, because if you scroll the poll becomes animated. :aaa:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Totoko-chan is very cute, but she's no Nyaa-chan.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

a kitten posted:

Totoko-chan is very cute, but she's no Nyaa-chan.

truth

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh my god! This poll is amazing! I had to stop for a minute and make sure I wasn't just seeing things :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

Not gonna vote, because if you scroll the poll becomes animated. :aaa:

So do the results :) Endlessly scrolling poll forever!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This is a much fancier poll than i have ever seen before.

Now, to choose the best ~matstu...

Perhaps i could set up some sort of interview process.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I wanted to vote Choromatsu but the poll switched my choice to Ichimatsu right as I hit on vote ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I will not stand for this level of anime trolling

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
I'm not sure what a matsu is OP but usually saying "Oh, so" in front of a word means "very" HTH

If you had said "Ah, so" that would be an outdated racist term for the Yellow Orientals I mean Asians

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trolled again by that weirdass poll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

This is the best ~matsu thread.

• Locked thread