Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o

it actually seems to fire better with the safety on.

this thing was in the related videos for that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

man I wanted that thing to be good but yikes

You feel two clicks as you reset the trigger in the Curve. The first click is rather short, while the second click is out at the full reset length of the trigger. In order to fire a second round, you need to release the trigger all the way out to that second click. If you only release the trigger as far as that first shorter click and pull again, the gun won’t fire. At this point even if you fully release the trigger and try again, the gun will still refuse to fire until you…cycle the action.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

don't they buy hi points because they're throwaway guns?

Hi Point, Lorcin, Phoenix Arms, etc. are all disposable Saturday night specials. Anyone who makes fun of criminals for using them has no idea about guns.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
when i engage in illicit criminal activity that may require me to shoot someone I always use my super-expensive heavily customized firearms and i also handload all my own rounds and engrave my initials on all the brass as my calling card because thats what a pro does

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

BigBoss posted:

Hi Point, Lorcin, Phoenix Arms, etc. are all disposable Saturday night specials. Anyone who makes fun of criminals for using them has no idea about guns.

Nah, criminals are the only group that should have them. It's people who show up to the range and post all over forums about mods for them when you start making jokes

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
"the range"

lol

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ZombieParts posted:

"the range"

lol

The only place outside your own home your guns should ever go

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
what about hunting eg meese or the most dangerous game?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

XMNN posted:

what about hunting eg meese or the most dangerous game?

I suppose hunters and hikers get a pass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hi-point 45 is a pro tier hand cannon all you scrubs are just jealous that you overpaid for your glock or whatever

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Save another $150 and get a Bersa, at least have a little dignity. Looks better in the evidence pics too. Hell even a SCCY would be better.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

nah the sccy is straight unmitigated garbage. keltec is prolly a better comparison to a hipoint, except the keltec actually works pretty reliably*

*huge caveats here

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Booblord Zagats posted:

The only place outside your own home your guns should ever go

Why yes officer I was on my way to the range but just happened to be at the mall in time to stop this horrible mass shooting

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o

it actually seems to fire better with the safety on.

Jesus gently caress what a bad gun

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

quote:

Reginald Gildersleeve walked into a Chicago store Saturday night, wearing a mask, brandished a gun, pointed it at a worker and forced her to the back of the store, and announced his intention to rob the place, police say. That's when another customer, who has a concealed-carry license, confronted Gildersleeve, took out his own gun, and fired several times, killing the 55-year-old robbery suspect, authorities say. It turns out Gildersleeve was only brandishing a fake gun at the time, but police say the investigation is almost finished and charges against the man who shot him are not likely, the Chicago Tribunereports. Gildersleeve's gun has been variously reported to have been a paint gun, a toy gun, and a paintball gun.

Gildersleeve's stepson isn't happy, noting that his stepdad "doesn't even own a gun. He couldn't own a gun if he wanted to" and questioning the actions of the man who shot him. "Some people don't actually know how to use guns. They go to firing ranges, but it's not the same as a bullet going into someone's body, it's not the same as a bullet going into flesh. They should be able to wound first, kill next. He didn't deserve to get shot multiple times," the stepson says. "You just took a brother, you just took a father from a lot of people. Somebody's got to answer for that." But "we're looking at it as a self-defense issue at this point," a police spokesperson tells the AP. "You have situations like this," in which no one else was hurt, "and you have situations that end tragically. The department is not going to advocate for what people should or shouldn't do."

this wouldn't have happened if the robber had a gun, another sad day for america

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's one stupid stepson.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Shoot to wound is a really bad tactic at someone who also has a gun, that kid will never be a high speed tactical operator!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Anyone who advocates "shoot to wound" is a loving moron who would probably scream at seeing a bullet in real life.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

dogstile posted:

Anyone who advocates "shoot to wound" is a loving moron who would probably scream at seeing a bullet in real life.

His name is Reginald. Cut him some slack. He's obviously retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

dogstile posted:

He lives on the south side of Chicago, he's seen bullets before.

• Locked thread