Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Problem description: Saving word or excel docs directly to dropbox causes office to crash

Attempted fixes: Uninstalled, reinstalled dropbox and waited for complete sync to complete.
Quick repair and full repair of office.

Recent changes: No

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64 bit

System specs:
Samsung laptop of some kind (not seen model in person), i5, 4GB ram.
Office 2013

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

When saving directly to drop box location, MS office crashes and crashes hard. Winword.exe still appears in the task manager but gives an access denied message when you try and end task, so a full reboot is needed.
It seems to be related to the file path length, as it saves fine until a certain point down the folder tree, however saving to the desktop and then copy-pasting to the desired location works just fine.
It starts failing at around 150 characters and there are no weird symbol characters. User says the issue only started happening in the last week or so and the folder structure hasn't changed in a couple years.

When I next see the person, I'll ask if I can try setting her dropbox account on a different computer and see if the issue is replicated, but if anyone has seen this issue before and has any insight, it would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread