Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
Bam! I finished two whole days early.

I suck at image hosting so here's a GDrive link to a proof image.

The ShareLaTeX wordcounter counts fewer words than the NaNo validator, which claims I have 50266. Either NaNo counts something it doesn't, or more likely ShareLaTeX counts words in the resulting pdf where it messes up some quotes which maybe mashes up words?

Anyway, let me know what I have to do for the av deal. I have never had an avatar and have no idea how they work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

40k suckas

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Ok, totals from November:

Ongoing progress on my novel. Last month ended at 14,551 words, this month, 31,142, for a total of 16,591 new words.

My notes and pre-chapter summaries came to a total of 4,060 words.

My Thunderdome submission came to 1,482 words.

Draft 3 re-writes for scenes of a short story numbered 2,388 words. (Completely re-written)

And I made three submissions.

Grand total new words: 24,521

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm at 37,914 and I don't think I'm going to pull 12K out of my rear end today. My story is a collection of ideas to be filled in later, chapters that are good but because I've picked and chosen which ones to write first, characters don't make sense and the story progresses at the pace of something that doesn't progress.

Motherfuck. Another year with a lot of writing of nothing.

And I'll tell you what's killing my writing since you asked.

Clown murder horror story? Sounds good! GO!

- wait, that's kind of like American Horror Story's side tale last season OH WELL KEEP GOING!
- needs to be on a train because that'll confine the crazy wait that's Murder On The Orient Express KEEP GOING
- MC can't just jump on the train and be a clown he's got to work his way up wait that's

etc. etc. etc.

Nothing is new. My moments of inspiration would've kept me going if I'd've just KEPT GOING but I kind of sat on it for too long. Learn from my failures!

So now I've got TWO great ideas for books instead of two finished rough drafts that I'm revising. Well. That's something.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 30, 2015

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

started at 2276 words, so that's 3042 words
overall, exactly 5k words :dealwithit:

that last sub is to my school's creative journal btw

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Squeaked out a hair more than 50k words on a novel.

e: for Seb https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6w7zmKs7M6CUEZ6dTYxdFpySUE/view?usp=sharing

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 2, 2015

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

A smooth 5.2k + 13 Subs:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Ugh. Done.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
Rejection letter - 1248

Drown brawl - 500 words

Ifandahar Kajiu TD (aborted) - 600 words

Sea Serpents TD - 1049 words

Ghost TD - 853

non TD short story - 904 words

3 submissions.

I will add screenshots later,.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

sent this to the flash frontier, havent gotten a confirmation email back yet.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Final month count 68000. Because I like round numbers.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

well done all you horrible monsters. i'll do the wash up and post the next thread in a day or so, you have that long to get your crap in if you haven't done so yet. for those that made the Nano target a: even more well done and b: pm me (SA or irc) a link to your words if you want an av, I'll either give you a cert or you can throw yourself on my mercy, let me know which you want in your pm

e:

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 1, 2015

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Worked some more on the same project as last month. Starting cont was 5020, ending count was 10,287. Total: 5267 words

3453 words on some lovely story, I guess

I rewrote a TD story for 2247words.

Total: 10967 words

aaaannnd for my five subs:

yay

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Got up today and reached my goal, hope it counts. Screenshot in a bit.

I'll pass on the av, I don't want anyone to read my garbage romance.

ravenkult fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 1, 2015

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tiger posted:

Bam! I finished two whole days early.

I suck at image hosting so here's a GDrive link to a proof image.

The ShareLaTeX wordcounter counts fewer words than the NaNo validator, which claims I have 50266. Either NaNo counts something it doesn't, or more likely ShareLaTeX counts words in the resulting pdf where it messes up some quotes which maybe mashes up words?

Anyway, let me know what I have to do for the av deal. I have never had an avatar and have no idea how they work.

Can you pm me on irc, i have a gift cert for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe

sebmojo posted:

Can you pm me on irc, i have a gift cert for you.

I'm sorry to have to page you here, but I'm not a very natural irc user. I mean, do I have to happen to be online at the same time as you? I sent you a pm, but you didn't answer right then, and then I apparently forgot about the window and closed it. Can that conversation be brought back somehow? Anyway, if someone wants to teach me irc, sure, but I'm not very interested, I just want to get in touch with sebmojo. Is it possible you could send me an email at jonatan.kilhamn@gmail.com?

• Locked thread