Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I did have 75 rings, so I did 15 challenge recruits:

6 Forgers, 2 Enhancers, 3 Rares, 4 Scheras

I'm keeping the forgers and enhancers so I went from 75 to 89 rings this time. Very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

Shes a monster.

Her quest writing is just so cringeworthy though. And I say this as someone who generally enjoys this games cheesy writing.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

insanityv2 posted:

Shes a monster.

Her quest writing is just so cringeworthy though. And I say this as someone who generally enjoys this games cheesy writing.

Aww, don't tempt me. I have 10 tickets i'm sitting on for exclusive arcana that also has passive bonuses.

Also, 395 rings and working on a maxed(as I can) Filiana. :circlefap:

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Big coliseum overhaul coming tomorrow. Basically its going to change into Brave Frontiers arena where you earn points per battle and rank up. Good thing i put of writing the pvp section of the OP. Procrastination pays off kids.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The real question is if they're going to break the ring loop. I hope not. I want more stamina and revival fruits.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Update happened and there's a new festival.

The good: Fortunate Soldier Nimpha and Great Desert Thief Mustapha are available and their passives are great.

The bad: No 10+1 option this time.

The wildcard: You may also get Lovely Pet Daughter Bernadette :henget:

I might pull once after getting 10 more prisma. I would like Nimpha, Mustapha or any 4*-5* Knight.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 23, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Cool, maybe I can LB my Nimpha. Most likely not though.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
You better not be badmouthing Bernadette. That lady and her giant loving axe princess-carried me through Book 1's endgame and I will not hear her honor impugned.

E: Anecdotal evidence suggests ring loop is still in place.

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 23, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Did one pull, got a Nimpha. Feels good man :snoop:

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Hello, can someone offer me some teambuilding advice? I have level 80 Scherazard & Inami. My healers are Elemia and Phoena. Unleveled URs: Ronda, LB1 San-San, Barienna. Unleveled SRs: Phillip, Merheim, Tubalao, Ioh, Vienta. I have enough stones for a 10-pull but I'm not sure where to spend em.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Get your thanksgiving freebie today.

Rolled with that and a maintenance ticket: 4* archer and wizard. Better than rares so that's good at least.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Hello, can someone offer me some teambuilding advice? I have level 80 Scherazard & Inami. My healers are Elemia and Phoena. Unleveled URs: Ronda, LB1 San-San, Barienna. Unleveled SRs: Phillip, Merheim, Tubalao, Ioh, Vienta. I have enough stones for a 10-pull but I'm not sure where to spend em.

You have some good to great fighters. I'd stick Scherazard, Ronda, Tubalao and Phoena on a team. Ronda in particular is one of the best fighters in the game right now at at lvl 65 will outclass even lvl 80 Scherezard (not that Scherazard is bad per se). You could use a better healer than Phoena, whose really meant more as a sub party buffer (she has one of the best in the game, and an attacking special... meant as a back up plan to clear the feild if your real dudes start dying imo). If you're feeling lucky you might try to roll for Lillith at the festival or try at the holy capital. Pheona would work perfectly fine for now for Book 1 though, and in Book 2 you get a 4* version of Marina for free, who is fantastic.

Barienna and San-San are a good combo especially in PVP.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
:holy:

Book 2 Chapter 2 released, Daybreak Ocean Tavern released, Gun users introduced with corresponding festival, first week of coliseum rewards out.

Daybreak Ocean Tavern is the one that people on reddit say they've been saving their prysma for.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

insanityv2 posted:

Daybreak Ocean Tavern is the one that people on reddit say they've been saving their prysma for.

Any reason why? I have almost 1200 prysma saved but for no real reason.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Its the first proper Book 2 tavern, as B2C1 didn't open up any new maps. Thus its a tavern full of recently added characters, and with standard phonegame powercreep in effect they're all p strong.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Ehh... I'll do a few rolls, but will wait for passivecreep characters.

As for the event itself, if anyone is like me and cant really do the damage challenges, the quest with the preset reinforcement got me past the 30,000 mark by using the special on the wave 4 boss. Got me a cool 90 prisma for completing 15k, 20k and 30k :coal:

Also there are A class weapons in the ring store for 80 rings per.

e: New characters in the ring recruit. The ring loop appears to still be intact, however, they seem to be well aware of the loop since the prior 2.10 update changed how summons work(summon screen resets to top of list after summoning instead of staying put)

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 1, 2015

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

The ring loop has been nerfed. It's no longer profitable to use it, so I hope you got a bunch of rings saved up for the future.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I was just about to post that.

I only made it up to 1k rings and 100 stam and revive fruits, but the real pain will be leveling up characters.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It still works, got like 4 niks on a row

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

My last set of 60 I got only 5 niks, 5 enhancers, around 10 weapon enhancers and around 40 rares. :shrug: Of course this is unscientific speculation, but that's a bad enough set I don't want to drop 300 more rings to find out.

The enhancer part was the most painful.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Been playing this drat game for like a year to pass time on breaks or between classes.

pulled nothing but Nikolas since he became available. I mean, poo poo, now I've got a 4th LB gunslinging rear end in a top hat sperglord and 100 or so rings from my breeding stock of 50 rings.

Also, anyone else still holding onto the first 4 star they ever got? I pulled a Rowendia and she's still my strongest shieldiest knight.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 7, 2015

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Bernadette has been relegated to my max chain farming and rainbow teams but she was my first 4*, carried me all the way through the final fight of Book 1, so I could never bring myself to part with her.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I was looking at anime archives trying to find an old series and saw that there was a Chain Chronicle short anime that came out last year Dec 2014 for half a season.

Also saw there is a Chain Chronicle full season coming out in 2016 that has already been announced.

--

Anims aside, I'm thinking about getting a few arcana from this global exclusive festival. It kind of looks good, but not sure. Might roll a few because why not.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Guys, the event units for the current event are bugged (Claudia, Shara, Bella), they are giving bonus points that they are supposed to. Go submit a ticket if you drew one.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Already 6 tries and no draw of any event arcana. I'll try more after they fix things.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
jesus the Monette event has been a shitshow. Missing event weapons from the festival, friends event units not counting, etc.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I barely noticed that you could buy super stam fruits in the ring shop. :stare: With 4 fruits purchased, the 2 comp fruits, a very well timed great fever and my team of Bella, Shara, Hero w/ Anniversary, Janus, Soldier friend with Monette and Claudia as backup I went from less than 2 mil to 5 mil easily.

Only reason I tried so hard was because people said there would be no way to get Monette after the event, and having yet another incomplete 5* would bug me.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So, Christmas event is going on. Did a few pulls and ended up with the Christmas archer, healer, Rin-Lee and Morgan. Also got MLB of the event arcana at 68 rounds.

Archer carried me the entire event. Got lucky with three demon summons and one reward on top of the guaranteed drop at 50 or 60.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seems like they are closing this game. RIP.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
:thumbsup: Thanks gimu.

I was really getting into this game, too. I guess I'm just glad I didn't waste any money on it.

Anyone still in thread know any other phone games to get addicted to, instead? Giving FF:RK another shot, and I've already tried BF and PaD.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yep. It's dead. Too bad because I actually loved the gameplay. Big thanks to insanityv2 since your catgirl carried my team a lot early on.

I'm probably not going to go back onto BF since i'm at the metagame point and am so way behind on it. Also gently caress gimu.

PaD is at the same point. I tried and dropped FF:RK. A friend got me into DBZ DokiDokiDokkan Battle but the energy gets used up quick so I was playing that with CC.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
this is such loving bullshit

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Anyone still in thread know any other phone games to get addicted to, instead?

I heard that Granblue Fantasy is being ported in March to places other than Japan. I don't pay much attention to non-us games, but I heard a lot about this game's hype. I might just wait for that if it hits us/global.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Welp, guess I'll never be able to field a full 6 cat waifus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
RIP

Never really got a chance to break out of the early game.

Oh well. Let's just hope Granblue Fantasy isn't picked up by Gumi.

• Locked thread