Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Omega has a bunch of vertical masticating juicers. Anyone know how they compare to the horizontal dildo machines?

Edit: YouTuber seems to think it’s annoying as hell

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j2npqDAPajM&pp=ygUmb21lZ2EgdmVydGljYWwgc2xvdyBtYXN0aWNhdGluZyBqdWljZXI%3D

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got one of the baking steels from the original GWS buy (see SA-Mart thread and GWS group buy).

This steel should be 3/8" and just A36.

I've been using it more after several moves and not having a gas range and there's parts of it peeling. What do I need to do to strip and refinish this thing?

Is this normal stripping of my initial layer or something more serious? I'm sure I did whatever the GWS recommendation was when I got it.
Do I need to leave it in there on a self-cleaning cycle to clean this off?

It looks like I can refinish like this:

Steve Yun posted:

Take a paper towel and some vegetable oil. Rub a little oil all over the thing.

Take another paper towel and wipe off any excess oil.

Bake at 500°F for one hour.

Let it cool down completely before touching.

Optional: repeat maybe one or two times.

edit: this isn't stainless after thinking about it so edited to reflect that.

Hed fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 22, 2024

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
If it’s peeling, that probably means you coated it too thick when you did the initial seasoning. Make sure to wipe off as much as you can after coating it each time you put on a layer

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Do you think I should degrease/barkeepers/use a drill with brush to get it back to base?

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Hed posted:

Do you think I should degrease/barkeepers/use a drill with brush to get it back to base?

you can but for some minor flaking around the edge I wouldn't bother. Just use a scouring pad and scrub off the areas that are actually peeling. anything that survives a quick pass with sup and a scotch pad will get stabilized when you do another layer.

starting from zero is for pans or steels that are really far gone with carbon buildup or actual rust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What is a good but not terribly expensive electric pepper mill? Preferably one with one handed operation.