Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Yet nobody cared enough to make a thread for it... so I thought I'd do it here.

• Ohio voted against legalizing marijuana
  • That guy who was running for Governor of Kentucky that John Oliver bashed on his show ended up winning anyway by a lot despite being down 5% in the polls or whatever
  • Pennsylvania now has a Democratic majority in their State Supreme Court since forever ago
  • In Louisiana, a Democrat won the election but not the majority so there will be a runoff between him and Vitter on November 21st
  • A lot of major cities across the country had their mayoral elections

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elections,_2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

This geek just won mayorship of my small city of Kingston:

Steve Noble (pic from 2009)

It's notable because he had to beat the incumbent Dem in the primary. Specifically this guy:

Shayne Gallo

Gallo comes off like a typical establishment politician, very much like an experienced businessman. Noble comes off entirely geeky, spending debate time discussing the studies and science which led to his policies. It doesn't get much more 'everyman vs the establishment' than this, Noble is an environmental scientist who had gotten the city a few grants in the past (it's worth noting his uncle is Alderman). In a recent park restoration project, it was found the restoration group used grant money for non-park purposes which wasn't covered by the grant. The group claimed they weren't told that the grant would only cover relevant things (dubious claim at best) and Gallo used this to launch a full investigation against Noble and every grant he ever got the city. It was a pretty obvious tactic to discredit a political opponent. Noble won in the primary over Gallo by only 220 votes. As a result, Gallo literally went public with the statement "God turned his back on Kingston"

Last night Noble won by ~550 votes (out of something like 5,000 total).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Atoramos posted:

This geek just won mayorship of my small city of Kingston:

Steve Noble (pic from 2009)

It's notable because he had to beat the incumbent Dem in the primary. Specifically this guy:

Shayne Gallo

Gallo comes off like a typical establishment politician, very much like an experienced businessman. Noble comes off entirely geeky, spending debate time discussing the studies and science which led to his policies. It doesn't get much more 'everyman vs the establishment' than this, Noble is an environmental scientist who had gotten the city a few grants in the past (it's worth noting his uncle is Alderman). In a recent park restoration project, it was found the restoration group used grant money for non-park purposes which wasn't covered by the grant. The group claimed they weren't told that the grant would only cover relevant things (dubious claim at best) and Gallo used this to launch a full investigation against Noble and every grant he ever got the city. It was a pretty obvious tactic to discredit a political opponent. Noble won in the primary over Gallo by only 220 votes. As a result, Gallo literally went public with the statement "God turned his back on Kingston"

Last night Noble won by ~550 votes (out of something like 5,000 total).

Idiotic ramblings

God this, Lord that, Fairies this, unicorns that.
Dude, go find the big boy pants and finish your days respectably.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Love Stole the Day posted:

[*]Ohio voted against legalizing marijuana

Nick Lachey is pissed; I didn't like the idea of a monopoly surrounding legal marijuana, but the "4 plants per 21 year old" would have been nice.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Someone did make a thread about it, it just had an obtuse title.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749811

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
New Jersey also had its State Assembly elections, with Republicans trying to cut into the Democratic majority. Instead they lost 3 seats, giving Democrats 51 out of 80.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Voter turnout was 30% in New York... and I assume it was equally as low everywhere else.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Election-2015-voter-turnout-340428282.html

You can tell in the video how disappointed the Elections Commission lady is with the numbers.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Issue 3 (weed) in Ohio isn't even that exciting. It was a lovely attempt that failed because everyone knew it was lovely.

Issue 1, which is redistricting reform is HUGELY IMPORTANT and it passed, which is just the tits.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Love Stole the Day posted:

Voter turnout was 30% in New York... and I assume it was equally as low everywhere else.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Election-2015-voter-turnout-340428282.html

You can tell in the video how disappointed the Elections Commission lady is with the numbers.

30%? That's pretty drat good, I don't know if we even do that well here on even years. Texas got 11%, which is an improvement from the 6% we got last off-year election.

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2015/11/04/voter-turnout-is-low-as-texans-approve-7-constitutional-amendments

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

30%? That's pretty drat good, I don't know if we even do that well here on even years. Texas got 11%, which is an improvement from the 6% we got last off-year election.

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2015/11/04/voter-turnout-is-low-as-texans-approve-7-constitutional-amendments

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the 11% of san francisco that showed up to vote decided "yes, i want a corrupt piece of human garbage for mayor"

so basically the same as every mayoral race since at least Brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

liberalism.jpg

• Locked thread