Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who is the best character in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Black Baby Goku posted:

Who is the best character in the game

Myrrh, of course! Her Dragonstone gives her ridiculous stat boosts, it's effective against monster, and her growth rates are ridiculous. Anyway, working on chapter 4 right now, should be up soon.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Chapter 4: Ancient Horrors

I'm gonna be blunt here: Myrrh, Artur's replacement, is OP as gently caress. I'm honestly considering for future versions making her start with like, Fiery Fang or something, and giving you the Dragonstone later.

Myrrh's growths: HP 130 Str 90 Skl 85 Spd 65 Lck 30 Def 150 Res 30

Here's the team for this chapter.

Here's the "boss" of this chapter. Terrible stats, aside from that HP. There are generic enemies on this map with better stats than the boss.

Glen takes out a Bonewalker on his way to recruit Knoll.

Selena kills a zombie and gets a lovely level out of it.

Lyon takes out this snag. I don't end up using it though.

Meanwhile, Valter and Syrene decide to show Selena what a good level up looks like. Mmm, Strength and Speed, my two favorite stats!

Here's Myrrh being OP as gently caress.

We end our turn with Caellach heading towards the north village.

Meanwhile, an enemy actually manages to hit Ismaire. She murderizes it regardless, though.

Gotta love Myrrh.

And here's Lute's replacement, Knoll. I'm gonna be blunt: Knoll sucks. He has the worst base stats of anybody in this hack, and needs a lot of babying in order to become something resembling useful. He's even worse than in regular FE8, where he could at least make himself useful by instantly promoting to Summoner and providing summon/staffbot utility. Here you'll have to level him up 9 levels before he can promote into what is essentially a worse Lyon. He's most likely getting buffed in a future version of the hack.

Knoll's growths: HP 70 Mag 50 Skl 40 Spd 35 Lck 20 Def 10 Res 45

Knoll goes after this Revenant because he can actually double it.

Selena cremates a zombie.

Caellach visits a village for an Iron Axe.

And Syrene gets another good level up! :fap:

Lyon Physics Syrene again.

Myrrh gets a typical Myrrh level up.

Ismaire gets hurt again. She still kills it though. Lyon ends up Physicing her.

Glen tries to kill the boss. Unfortunately, he seems to have decided to emulate Valter, and misses both times.

So Syrene ends up killing the boss instead.

Third good level up in a row!:flashfap:

That's it for this chapter. Next chapter has an arena. Should I use it? On whom? To what level? Note that we get Duessel(level 1 Cavalier) and Rennac(level 5 Thief) next chapter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember grinding zombie maps to max out my party in this game...good stuff.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knoll looks like such a BAMF.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I want you to level up Knoll in the arena.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Knoll FTW! :D

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

what's crackin my Knollga

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knoll the Man Nun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Valter is such a badass

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bump

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Hey Matthew. Dont want to pressure you but me and a few other Lets Play fans were talking about wishing an update would come out today in an IRC. Could you give us the low down on how long we're gonna be twiddling our thumbs?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This game is really not expecting such high powered magic users at this point.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Next update will probably be Wednesday, since I have no classes that day.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Matthewtheman posted:

Next update will probably be Wednesday, since I have no classes that day.

Good luck with school, Matthew

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Austrian mook posted:

Good luck with school, Matthew

Thanks. Anyway, turns out there won't be an update today because I decided to spend my day watching Markiplier instead of working on the LP. The next update should come Saturday, at the latest, as I'd hate to make you guys wait more than a week.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Arrrrghhh! Youre killing me!

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Chapter 5: The Empire's Reach

Here's Duessel, Natasha's replacement. I kinda forgot to change his inventory, so he starts with a Mend and a Vulnerary, but hey, one should have some spare swords and lances, and Lyon can make good use of that Mend staff. I traded the Mend staff over to Lyon and gave Duessel an Iron Sword, Iron Lance, and Javelin.

Duesel's growths: HP 85 Str 55 Skl 40 Spd 30 Lck 20 Def 45 Res 30

Here's the boss of this chapter. He's pretty pathetic, tbh.

Here's the team for this chapter. Let's roll!

Here's Rennac, Joshua's replacement. Rennac is pretty good, and does a better job than Colm IMO. He's an invaluable asset to your team at this point, being your Thief utility and all.

Rennac's growths: HP 65 Str 25 Skl 45 Spd 60 Lck 25 Def 25 Res 30

Glen visits Tethys in a village and gets a Dragonshield. Who should I give it to?

Knoll attacks a Fighter which Myrhh finishes, and gets his first level being attacked by an Archer in EP.

Duessel kills a Fighter on the way to recruit Rennac.

Selena kills a Brigand and gets a decent level out of it.

Ismaire and Glen team up to kill the other one, and Glen gets his first level, and it's a pretty good one, too.

Caellach kills a soldier.

Duessel recruits Rennac, who proceeds to get an Armorslayer from a village.

Lyon gets a Secret Book from another village. Who should I use it on?

Valter kills an Archer and gets an okay level out of it.

Myrrh also gets a mediocre(for Myrrh) level.

Duessel is ganged up on on EP and gets a decent level.

He proceeds to pick up a torch that Amelia dropped.

While Knoll begins his Arena training, Glen attacks a Brigand.

Ismaire finishes it off for a decent level.

I once again recklessly have Valter ignore the WT, and once again I regret it.

He suicides on Ismaire on EP anyway.

Meanwhile, Knoll gets his first level in the Arena, and it's pretty good.

A Brigand reinforcement suicides on Ismaire, getting her a poo poo level.

Selena kills the other one, and shows Ismaire what a decent level looks like.

Here's the results of Knoll's training. He's actually kind of decent now, but he still has the durability of a wet paper bag.

Rennac uses his shiny new Armorslayer against the boss, but misses on the second hit, so Selena has to finish him.

Next time, we meet our other lord, Cormag!

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Ick, three one-ups in that arena run.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

BlazetheInferno posted:

Ick, three one-ups in that arena run.

Hey, he's at his base level in regular SS, and compared to base Knoll, he's -1 HP, -1 Mag, +1 Skl, +2 Spd, +9 Lck, +2 Def, and -1 Res. I did buff his HP, Spd and Def by 1 and Lck by 8 from what I calculated his Level 1 averages to be so he wouldn't be completely useless, so taking that into account, he's within 2 of his averages in all stats. So I think he turned out all right, until you remember that base Knoll sucks. But when you consider base Knoll has decent stats for this early in SS, my Knoll isn't bad. It's still rather telling that it took him 9 levels to be on par with my other units though.
tl;dr Knoll's actually within 2 of all his averages at this point, so he isn't exactly RNG screwed.

Here's Knoll compared to my other units at this point, just for funsies:
Lyon: -14 Lv, -17 HP, -7 Mag, -5 Skl, -3 Spd, +4 Lck, -15 Def, -12 Res, =Con
Fado: -11 Lv, -17 HP, -3 Mag, -3 Skl, +1 Spd, -4 Lck, -12 Def, =Res, -11 Con
Hayden: +6 Lv, -5 HP, +3 Mag, -2 Skl, -1 Spd, -2 Lck, -1 Def, +4 Res, -3 Con
Valter: +6 Lv, -7 HP, =Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, +6 Lck, -5 Def, +2 Res, -4 Con
Selena: +4 Lv, -1 HP, +5 Mag, +1 Skl, =Spd, +3 Lck, -3 Def, -4 Res, =Con
Glen: +8 Lv, -5 HP, +1 Mag, +5 Skl, -2 Spd, +5 Lck, -8 Def, +6 Res, -4 Con
Ismaire: +6 Lv, +1 HP, +3 Mag, -2 Skl, -5 Spd, +1 Lck, =Def, -1 Res, +2 Con
Riev: +6 Lv, -10 HP, +8 Mag, =Skl, -1 Spd, +3 Lck, -6 Def, +2 Res, -2 Con
Caellach: +9 Lv, -5 HP, +4 Mag, +6 Skl, +4 Spd, -1 Lck, -3 Def, +2 Res, -6 Con
Syrene: +5 Lv, +2 HP, +2 Mag, =Skl, -2 Spd, -1 Lck, -3 Def, +3 Res, +1 Con
Myrrh: +6 Lv, +3 HP, +5 Mag, +3 Skl, +1 Spd, +6 Lck, -3 Def, +2 Res, +2 Con
Duessel: +8 Lv, -5 HP, +4 Mag, +5 Skl, -1 Spd, +3 Lck, -6 Def, +5 Res, -4 Con
Rennac: +5 Lv, -3 HP, +4 Mag, -3 Skl, -4 Spd, +2 Lck, -2 Def, +1 Res, +1 Con

Matthewtheman fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 15, 2015

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Chapter 5x: Unbroken Heart

Here's Orson, who replaces himself. The only difference between this Orson and regular 5x Orson is this one has more HP and Res. His growths don't matter since he probably isn't levelling up. I'll list them when we recruit him permanently.

Here's Cormag, Ephraim's replacement. He's pretty useful, just like his brother and Valter. He starts with the same items he starts with in regular FE8.

Cormag's growths: HP 85 Str 55 Skl 40 Spd 45 Lck 35 Def 25 Res 15

Here's Kyle's replacement, Saleh. Saleh's a great unit. His growths aren't that great but his bases make up for it. He starts with the same items as in regular FE8.

Saleh's growths: HP 50 Mag 30 Skl 25 Spd 40 Lck 40 Def 30 Res 35

Between Ewan(Forde's replacement) and Lyon, Knoll just can't compete. The only stat my current level 10 Knoll beats base Ewan in is Skill. Poor Knoll. Ewan is pretty good, though his speed growth is shaky and his defense growth is poo poo. He really wants the Dragonshield and Energy Ring he comes with(especially the former), and I fed him both. He and Saleh make for a formidable duo.

Ewan's growths: HP 50 Mag 55 Skl 40 Spd 35 Lck 50 Def 15 Res 40

I start the map by having everybody kill someone, even Orson, whom I mostly kept out of combat this map since he's literally a waste of EXP.

Saleh yoinks the Door Key his apprentice got from the Knight off of him, and opens the door.

A Merc foolishly suicides on Orson, even though it could have less foolishly suicided on Cormag instead.

Saleh opens a chest for a Killer Lance, which Cormag yoinks off him whilst Ewan opens the other chest for an Elixir.

Cormag tries to kill an Archer but misses the first hit, and he ends up regretting even entering the Archer's range in the first place. So he takes Orson's vulnerary to heal up. Orson's weapons will later be taken by the Mages, that way I can keep his stuff when he leaves me forever at the end of the chapter.

Saleh leveled up at some point, but I forgot to screencap it.

The enemies swarm Ewan and he gets some good levels out of it.

We start to approach the main opposition force.

Saleh gets a sucky level. I suppose Def is nice to have on a Mage though.

I remember the first time I ever played FE8, that Archer ended up using up the Elixir it's supposed to drop, so it dropped an Iron Bow instead, leaving me confused as to why it dropped an item no one in Ephraim's crew could use.

Cormag gets his first level from being attacked by a Fighter.

Cormag finishes it off, then kills a Mage for another level.

Saleh crits with Thunder on two enemies in a row and gets a decent level out of it.

Cormag crits the boss with his Killer Lance, and seizes the next turn.

That's it for that chapter. Btw, do you guys want me to do Cormag's route too? If so, how should I handle it:
A) Get to the end of the route split in Lyon's route, then do Cormag's route, before resuming Lyon's route.
B) Alternate between the two routes, i.e. do Lyon chapter 9, then Cormag chapter 9, then Lyon chapter 10, then Cormag chapter 10 etc.
C) Do it after beating the game on Lyon's route.

How far should I go in Cormag's route? I'm thinking through either chapter 14, where the meaningful differences between the routes end, or 16, where actual differences between the routes end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Matthewtheman posted:

Lyon: -14 Lv, -17 HP, -7 Mag, -5 Skl, -3 Spd, +4 Lck, -15 Def, -12 Res, =Con
Fado: -11 Lv, -17 HP, -3 Mag, -3 Skl, +1 Spd, -4 Lck, -12 Def, =Res, -11 Con
Hayden: +6 Lv, -5 HP, +3 Mag, -2 Skl, -1 Spd, -2 Lck, -1 Def, +4 Res, -3 Con
Valter: +6 Lv, -7 HP, =Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, +6 Lck, -5 Def, +2 Res, -4 Con
Selena: +4 Lv, -1 HP, +5 Mag, +1 Skl, =Spd, +3 Lck, -3 Def, -4 Res, =Con
Glen: +8 Lv, -5 HP, +1 Mag, +5 Skl, -2 Spd, +5 Lck, -8 Def, +6 Res, -4 Con
Ismaire: +6 Lv, +1 HP, +3 Mag, -2 Skl, -5 Spd, +1 Lck, =Def, -1 Res, +2 Con
Riev: +6 Lv, -10 HP, +8 Mag, =Skl, -1 Spd, +3 Lck, -6 Def, +2 Res, -2 Con
Caellach: +9 Lv, -5 HP, +4 Mag, +6 Skl, +4 Spd, -1 Lck, -3 Def, +2 Res, -6 Con
Syrene: +5 Lv, +2 HP, +2 Mag, =Skl, -2 Spd, -1 Lck, -3 Def, +3 Res, +1 Con
Myrrh: +6 Lv, +3 HP, +5 Mag, +3 Skl, +1 Spd, +6 Lck, -3 Def, +2 Res, +2 Con
Duessel: +8 Lv, -5 HP, +4 Mag, +5 Skl, -1 Spd, +3 Lck, -6 Def, +5 Res, -4 Con
Rennac: +5 Lv, -3 HP, +4 Mag, -3 Skl, -4 Spd, +2 Lck, -2 Def, +1 Res, +1 Con

Oh hell yeah.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Oh hell yeah.
He's about on par with the rest of my army, most of whom are lower leveled than him, which goes to show how much he sucks.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Man, I was looking forward to seeing who the traitor would be

But it's just Orson again

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Hey guys. Unfortunately my hard drive stopped working or whatever a month ago and I had to get it replaced. So I lost all my saves and poo poo, and can't continue the LP. I will do other LPs in the future though, and I will make a balance patch for this game soon. I also don't go to college anymore, so I have tons of free time, at least until I get a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Matthewtheman posted:

Both games I'm considering are rather fetishy btw, but that's part of why I think they'd be fun to LP. Not to mention both appeal to my yuri fetish, with DIDnapper also appealing to my bondage fetish. I also have a thing for bare midriffs, which both games also have, but bare midriffs are so common in works of fiction(and hell, even real life, especially among young people during warm weather) that it's not really notable when something includes them.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69SSLfRJho

• Locked thread