Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yes, please. It fits their gimmick. Bray just blasts anybody who questions him with lightning or fire or has the druids murder them. Make him full loving Sithlord with a belt around his waist and watch me spin around marking out like a top on a floor.

I'm 111% loving down with this and can't see a single reason not to do it especially now that the top heel is down for at least half a year injured.

This means it won't loving happen :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

not like this

not like this

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fenrir posted:

I'm 111% loving down with this and can't see a single reason not to do it especially now that the top heel is down for at least half a year injured.

This means it won't loving happen :smith:

Of course it won't happen. I'm steeling myself for the most uninspired booking around this title tourney, even though there are sooo many interesting ways they could take it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Imagine the WWE title with two little sheep side plates.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

you say this as if this would mean anything but smarks crying about them "burying" Lesnar
And that's why it won't happen. Well that and because Roman is top face, and just had a whole feud with Bray. They're either going to have to make a new top face or rehash a feud that literally JUST ENDED.

So who does that leave as a face for Bray and the Wyatts? It can't be Kane/Taker and this whole thing still make any sense.

Were they possibly planning a Rollins face turn and Shield reunion? New Day are "heels" but so over at this point they could easily make a hell of a face turn (don't do this, they're loving hilarious heels, the best in a long time).

Man, Rollins being out really fucks up the whole picture. I guess we really won't know much until Survivor Series.

e:
I'd still rather see this than Yet Another Cena Run.

Then again, I still think it sucks that Kane only ever got one real run and it didn't come until his 40s.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 6, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Turn Dean heel, let Roman do whatever, then have a face SHIELD reunion in nine months and pop ratings all over the place

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

They're not gonna be able to get Dean over as a heel without him doing something serious like legit murdering another face with his level of heat and I really don't think they have another that's as popular as Dean is right now, not without Bryan. Dean is fuckin' nuclear hot atm as a face, and that's not gonna be something they can change in 2~ weeks.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'd really prefer they just have Roman be the new Authority golden boy, we all know that's who he is in real life anyway. It would have great synergy.

Then again I would really REALLY prefer the Authority just go away, I don't need yet another "Authority's chosen champion" storyline

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I predict they have Dean win over Bray and then sheamus cashes in and kills everyone.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MinibarMatchman posted:

if you really want bray wyatt as this scary fucker even after he's failed to accomplish literally anything, then yeah have him and his clan of creeps kill everyone and basically gently caress with Authority and face dudes alike.
One of the best Shield moments was when they came out during a Vince McMahon promo. They immediately went to commercial and said Vince and Stephanie escaped down the aisle but for a moment it was a very real feeling of "holy poo poo they're interrupting the boss", which I think would work great for a Wyatt Family segment.

quote:

You can start giving them some actual credibility by having the lights go off after Lesnar comes back and then he gets annihilated by four swampdudes.
Can they steal Brock's magic beast powers too?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

sticklefifer posted:

One of the best Shield moments was when they came out during a Vince McMahon promo. They immediately went to commercial and said Vince and Stephanie escaped down the aisle but for a moment it was a very real feeling of "holy poo poo they're interrupting the boss", which I think would work great for a Wyatt Family segment.

Can they steal Brock's magic beast powers too?

Only if the added change it gives Bray is he's always seen eating a Jimmy John's Sandwich.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gonna be super awesome to see a severely medicated Seth pick the Carolina Panthers and win it all. Babbling and drooling gonna be a real treat.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

miss you seth rollins. miss you everyday.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Wait, people complain about Cena having the same match over and over again, but want Dean "8000 pendulum clotheslines" Ambrose instead?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Retromancer posted:

Wait, people complain about Cena having the same match over and over again, but want Dean "8000 pendulum clotheslines" Ambrose instead?

If you actually start analyzing most complaints they are nonsensical and silly so best you just throw your arms up and go "gently caress it, whatever"

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Retromancer posted:

Decent effort but it loses points for failing to recognize Cena's year of mixing up his matches, and failing to recognize that SA posters know that people complain about the easiest thing to see, even if it's not what really bothers them.

Troll rating: **1/2

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
I would have zero problems with a Big E main title run in the year of our lord two thousand and fifteen.

You know until Brock eats him alive at the Rumble.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

"Don't worry Seth, I got this."

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Better or worse for his wrestling career than sleeping with a Nazi?

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The only reason we even think he's good is cuz of all the good matches.
Give Rollins matches against the better wrestlers on the roster every week and license to go almost all out, and he'd have a very fine reputation for having improved. Given Cena gently caress finish feuds with Kane or Big Show or Reigns or Sheamus and nobody would be suggesting how improved he was.

I think Cena is a perfectly acceptable wrestler, but suggesting that "he" has improved recently is silly. His booking and opponents have improved. If it's down to Cena, if even partially, what can we point to as to where Cena himself has improved? His repertoire? His selling? His technical ability? His mic skills? His general match psychology?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Revenant Threshold posted:

Give Rollins matches against the better wrestlers on the roster every week and license to go almost all out, and he'd have a very fine reputation for having improved. Given Cena gently caress finish feuds with Kane or Big Show or Reigns or Sheamus and nobody would be suggesting how improved he was.

I think Cena is a perfectly acceptable wrestler, but suggesting that "he" has improved recently is silly. His booking and opponents have improved. If it's down to Cena, if even partially, what can we point to as to where Cena himself has improved? His repertoire? His selling? His technical ability? His mic skills? His general match psychology?

Cena hasn't improved he's been one of the best wrestlers on Earth for years.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

MassRafTer posted:

Cena has put on excellent main event matches at the highest echelon of the business for a decade plus. He just hasn't been putting on the kind of matches that smarks enjoy all that often until fairly recently.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Sure. Depending on the size of that best group.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Revenant Threshold posted:

Sure. Depending on the size of that best group.

Doesn't really depend when he's in both the top 10 and top 100.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I wouldn't consider him to be in the top 10 personally, but maybe we're talking past each other. As a complete package, certainly and easily.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
John Cena is literally the best wrestler on a roster that has indie darlings Uhaa Nation El Generico Kevin Steen Claudio Castignoli and technically still Bryan Danielson. Also Tyler Black. To say otherwise is just being insolent.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

Please list your personal top 100.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

1. John Cena
[REDACTED]

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

MRT 100 vs PWI 500

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

oatgan posted:

Kane has now ended the careers of Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins

My man Kane also eliminated cm punk and sent him packing from the wwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of their noses. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. PSP had won the victory over itself. They loved the Big Red Machine.

• Locked thread