Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I have a fall tradition I would like to share - post yours in this thread if you care!

On the first day that "feels" like fall (today, for me) I make a big pot of chili using diced up cuts of steak - and binge watch Seinfeld in my bed while the chili cooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I like to make my leaves turn orange and them drop them on the ground.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I bury each fall leaf individually and mark it with a tiny headstone

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Luvcow posted:

I bury each fall leaf individually and mark it with a tiny headstone

That is very considerate. Those leaves had a good life.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

It takes a lot of super glue to get all those leaves back on their respective trees.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
it takes me all winter to paint them green

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
each fall I spend a few weeks living with a clan of wild turkeys in my local woods, I dress like them, sleep amongst them, perform their sacred rituals as if I was born a wild turkey and I hunt with them. Last year we were able to stalk and kill a black bear which gave enough meat to get the turkeys through winter.

it's very rewarding

Senior Management

I like to dress chickens up as turkeys to confuse Thanksgiving.

:jerry:

Senior Management

Also I gather all the fallen leaves in a 10 mile radius and mail them in one bulk package to places without leaves to spread American culture.

:jerry:

poverty goat

turkeys arent mentioned in the torah and thus aren't kosher. i like to remind my jew friends of this during the holidays

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

it must be nice to have seasons. we had a week or two of fall and are marching rapidly towards winter.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

meteloides posted:

it must be nice to have seasons. we had a week or two of fall and are marching rapidly towards winter.

be grateful

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

no. it's cold as gently caress outside, leaving the apartment feels like my fingers are falling off. gently caress lupus.

ChairmanMeow

meteloides posted:

no. it's cold as gently caress outside, leaving the apartment feels like my fingers are falling off. gently caress lupus.

aww I'm sorry. Normally when people complain about no seasons it's because it's relatively nice all year. This is my favorite timee of year and I'm sad for you that you don't get any.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

ChairmanMeow posted:

aww I'm sorry. Normally when people complain about no seasons it's because it's relatively nice all year. This is my favorite timee of year and I'm sad for you that you don't get any.

yeah, I love fall, and I used to be able to drive up to the mountains to look at leaves, and wander around drinking lattes while looking cutely bundled up, and etc etc

now I can't afford to go see leaves, everything hurts when I go outside for too long, and I get migraines frequently after the sun moves a certain latitude south. and due to El Niņo, we're already getting snow in the mountains, which I can't go play in, and wouldn't be able to anyway.

I miss liking fall and winter.

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
Turning on the heater for the first time in months and breathing in that burnt smell

Robot Made of Meat

My fall tradition is to pout and complain, and to finally get around to doing everything needed to try to keep winter out of the house. Then I drink even more than usual to self-medicate the cold away.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

beeaar
my fall tradition is to po up that lean

alnilam

i like to say "have a nice trip; seeya next fall" haha

treasure bear

i find a big puddle and splash around

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
go to the beach since it's still almost 90 outside

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Spanish Manlove posted:

go to the beach since it's still almost 90 outside

I have considered teaching in Spain for this sole reason.

That, and the food.

And the culture.

I should move to Spain.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

laying a ton of blankets on the bed and watching the cats find new spots to sleep

ChairmanMeow

Thunder Moose posted:

That, and the food.

And the culture.

I should move to Spain.

move to Spain so vacationing yobbers can save on vacations

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Thunder Moose posted:

That, and the food.

And the culture.

I should move to Spain.

sadly this is florida, spain actually has seasons and october/november are pleasant

However, good luck finding work in Spain, really, you'll need a lot of luck since there's nothing.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Spanish Manlove posted:

sadly this is florida

Goondolances :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cute as heck

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

Turning on the heater for the first time in months and breathing in that burnt smell

• Locked thread