Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Deep dive into the weird mystical depths of decaying city infrastructure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Given how much effort went into this mod, I'm surprised they just ended on a plot dump.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That almost seemed like a Metro game reference at the end, with the spooky shadows in a subway tunnel. Weird mushroom cave is certainly a strange way to end.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Those drawers were so disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rOornOc-rw

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

We Have Metal Gear at Home! Let's Play Hundred Fires: Rising of the Red Star - Episode 2

After some time, the continued adventure of Janky Snake is here!

Last time, we were sent to kill a certain Japanese developer; however after a sniper duel with El Che, we found ourselves disarmed and captured. Also there was a Boobie Gear or something and we ascended into the sky. Find out what happened to us right now!

VIDEO: The Whole Dang Game

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 24, 2022

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Combat Lobster posted:

We Have Metal Gear at Home! Let's Play Hundred Fires: Rising of the Red Star - Episode 2

After some time, the continued adventure of Janky Snake is here!

Last time, we were sent to kill a certain Japanese developer; however after a sniper duel with El Che, we found ourselves disarmed and captured. Also there eas a Boobie Gear or something and we ascended into the sky. Find out what happened to us right now!

VIDEO: Cutscene Reel - COMING SOMETIME TOMORROW
Bloody hell, they actually made the sequel? That's gotta be good.

e: Not sure what I expected, but this wasn't it.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 10, 2022

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I couldn't make heads or tails of what the dev was thinking when they decided on how to pace this story.

More confusingly, the gameplay didn't evolve at all between episodes so what were they doing in the meantime? Better yet, why did this need to be sold as a separate product when it clearly could have been paid DLC? The first episode added a demo to episode 2 within itself so I don't know what gives.

SoftThinkerGaming
Apr 16, 2023
Hello beautiful people! New to the Something Awful community, and I have been referred to this thread.

It is my honor and privilege to introduce you to my Murder by Numbers video Let's Play.

Please no spoilers relating to the game, or any game

I wouldn't call it by any means "low effort", but since it already has 15 episodes I have been referred to here. :P

Let's try one episode (or maybe two) at a time perhaps, if that is ok? Of course you can find all current episodes on my channel and the playlist, and I will continue to update this thread at a reasonable pace for discussions sake. :)

I love murder mysteries, especially the Danganronpa and Ace Attorney series (and some Agatha Christie).

The thought of starting a Youtube channel and Let's Play has entered my mind over the years, but I always thought "Why me? What do I have to offer that isn't already out there?"

I only watch LPs of games I have already played or have no desire to continue playing, and for the most part they should be blind. My favorite Let's Play-er is Lucahjin (https://www.youtube.com/@lucahjin) and used to be NicoB. I also enjoy the occasional Maxoffewtrades.

One day in late February 2023, I decided to start playing a game called Murder by Numbers. I opened the game, and watched the intro. THAT INTRO. There is no other game that features something like it! (to my knowledge) The awesome intro animation and song reminded me of a nineties cartoon. I immediately closed the game, and started my journey as a Let's Player. I performed the following actions, which I will list in numbered order so that I sound more important than I actually am:

1. Downloaded OBS
2. Spent around five hours getting the recording to work right :golfclap:,
3. Played the first 35 or so minutes or the game
4. Spent another five hours editing my atrocious audio with Lightworks into something that resembled a video humans could listen to, as I recorded with a headset mic with no pop filter, and have a voice box with the stamina of a 120 year old smoker.

Episode one has since been re-edited (another few hours) using the skills I have gained over the past two months. The improved version is the one posted here. 95% of the footage is the original, completely blind, with a few bits replaced that were beyond saving.

Without further ado, the ado is over, no more ado, the ado is out.... I present to you, esteemed males, females, porpoises, and others of the grand internet, Murder by Numbers...

Enjoy! (or don't, it's your life)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz50DHxcJdU

SoftThinkerGaming
Apr 16, 2023
Parts 2 and 3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjMvkTmfISA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms304t5F5kU

SoftThinkerGaming
Apr 16, 2023
Parts 4 and 5

Honor's Alibi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0bSK9QY7cw

Heart to Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPO5X0Na9Os

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So months ago I was considering doing the Pixel Remaster of Final Fantasy 2. It was around March or whatever so I wanted to make an april fools joke about the mechanics.

Between hearing about the inevitable switch release and how it was supposed to bring various fixes and poo poo to the steam release and real life I didn't do anything beyond a few hours of footage. But anyway, here's the "joke"

Greater than and Greater than Killer SuDoKuFinal Fantasy Pixel Remaster 2 - game mechanics

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

We Have Metal Gear at Home! Let's Play Hundred Fires: Rising of the Red Star - Episode 3

It's finally here! The conclusion to everyone's favorite janky Metal Gear series. How does the series end? Find out!

VIDEO: Alternate Ending

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I feel the weed field scene basically explains everything about this beautiful, beautiful game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I havent laughed this hard in ages. Great lp, guys.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 6
Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 7
Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 8
Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 9
Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 10
Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 11a

I totally forgot to keep posting my Tearaway Unfolded videos here because I had some severe technical issues that stopped me recording for a while. I'm back now though. Next year I'll buy a new microphone as I'm having to use my work headset to record commentary, which is not the best, and my computer can't handle baking videos of more than 20 or so minutes so the longer vids started having glitches, so I'm going for shorter videos for now and I'll hopefully get a new computer next year at some point.

The second part of The Lab will be on Thursday or Friday.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 11b

In this video we complete the lab level as the nature of the fourth wall break begins to come into focus. The glitches I believe are because this was the second half of a longer video, and even separating them this way didn't save it, as my computer is in dire need of replacement, so the only thing that seems to work right now is shorter videos and making sure literally nothing else beside the rendering software is running. My computer is, like, 15 years old at this point. I'll hopefully get a new one next year as well as a new mic.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 28, 2023

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 12

I've bought a new mic, although it's quite an adjustment. I'll need to start manually editing out the clicking that starts the recordings, and also I'll try moving my mic while recording into the bigger room next to my office, to reduce the echo. As is this is a good start though.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 13: The Lair

Welcome to the end of the second arc of Tearaway Unfolded. After this we are out of the hands of the narrators and free to tell the story how Atoi sees fit.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 1, 2024

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 14: Between the Pages

We start the final act in a weird liminal dimension in no real story, as the storybook itself appears to piece itself together in a whirlwind of paper and ink.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Tearaway Unfolded Chapter 15: The Desert, In which the 4th wall goes to sulk in the corner...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Can't be arsed to make a thread yet, let's see how well this goes.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
As someone who played only the early rear end Creeds, there was just a prevailing sense of 'wrong' with like every clip of footage in that first video of rear end Creed Origins.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Am I going to take a permanent XP penalty for a silly gag?

Yes, I am.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Bayek tries to kill his son. Hilarious hijinks ensue.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Bayek runs so fast the ground is giving way.

Den Store Frelser
Mar 28, 2010
Fun Shoe
I think "craftsman-like" would be a good description for this game. The game is mostly functional even with the things you've broken, but looks like it would feel as soulless as a single-player MMO (and not just because of the loot and enemy level stuff).

The game just ending the stargazing mid-sentence when you find a constellation really bothers me. A lot of time and effort went into making these things, and then none went into making sure that the player could experience them if they wanted to. It's like the primary target audience of the game are people who don't actually want to be here.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Bayek completes his son's assumed will to rant that the world is changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Bayek sets out to kill a Roman official before realising he can't bring himself to do it.