Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I actually may be able to later, although this machine only has Cockatrice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I actually may be able to later, although this machine only has Cockatrice.

Unfortunately it's not looking like I'll be able to be on this evening, or the next couple days, so I'll concede this round to you.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

So what's the word?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So is this dead then?

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

It would seem line we're waiting on Sigma-x. Last round ended ages ago.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I know sigma was traveling for the holidays, while also looking for a new job and maybe having to move for a new job. I'll see if I can get in touch with him. I'm also moving, but nearly finished, so I should be good to go for the final round.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Hey sorry guys, between the holidays and some car issues leaving me stranded away from home for a few days, and a massive job search I totally flopped on this.

matches:

Pussy Snorkel vs Olothreutes
IBMS vs Ramos
Sigma-X vs Muon
Odiv vs Little Munchkin

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Pussy Snorkel posted:

So what's the word?

It's you and me for the champion spot, I guess. I'm freshly moved so my internet situation is patchy and my desktop is in storage. I'll try to hang out in IRC when I can but it would be better to schedule a time.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Olothreutes posted:

It's you and me for the champion spot, I guess. I'm freshly moved so my internet situation is patchy and my desktop is in storage. I'll try to hang out in IRC when I can but it would be better to schedule a time.

Sunday evening?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Sunday evening?

That should work fine. I'll get Xmage installed here on my laptop and rebuild my deck in the meantime. Turns out that posting decklists was a good idea. I'm in mountain time, got a rough estimate of when would be good for you?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
odiv I can play on sunday or monday night, ill check the irc channel for you

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sounds good.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Sunday evening?

I'm idling in #mtgoon while xmage downloads all these card images. Ugh.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I just sit there while odiv exiles all my Goblin Welders and beats me down 0-2

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

I'm idling in #mtgoon while xmage downloads all these card images. Ugh.

I'm doing this again, minus the downloading. Ready whenever.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh right. Well, I'll concede to IBMS if he remembers to show up in the topic. Otherwise, up to Sigma, I suppose.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Ok Snorkel, I'm going to assume that you went on to do other things like a reasonable person would have done. I'll still be in IRC checking it every so often while I play fallout 4 in the other room, but if we need to reschedule that also works.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Olothreutes posted:

Ok Snorkel, I'm going to assume that you went on to do other things like a reasonable person would have done. I'll still be in IRC checking it every so often while I play fallout 4 in the other room, but if we need to reschedule that also works.

Yeah we'll have to try for later this coming week.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ok. I'll be able to play in the evenings after Wednesday if things change.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Yeah we'll have to try for later this coming week.

My evenings are usually pretty free, and I can arrange for daytime stuff with a few days notice if needed. Just let me know what works for you and we'll get this done.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

My evenings are usually pretty free, and I can arrange for daytime stuff with a few days notice if needed. Just let me know what works for you and we'll get this done.

I'm hanging out on IRC right now, but it's also X-files night, soooooooo.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

We're snowed in and I'm trying not to starve. I'll commit to finding you this week.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Pussy Snorkel posted:

We're snowed in and I'm trying not to starve. I'll commit to finding you this week.
Good luck! I seem to recall you being in a state that could see regular snow so hopefully your town/city is well equipped for digging out. I'll try to hang around in IRC in the evenings, I've improved my internet enough that I can probably idle while also playing fallout, so that should help :v:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Pussy Snorkel, do you want to give this a try tonight or tomorrow night?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Olothreutes posted:

Pussy Snorkel, do you want to give this a try tonight or tomorrow night?

AHHHH it's been insane. I'll get on IRC now.

EDIT: 2-0 versus a very unfortunately mana-screwed Olothreutes. That second game was brutal, man.

Pussy Snorkel fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Pussy snorkel takes it 2-0. Oof.

Game one was draw all the lands, game two was not. It happens, I suppose. I did draw a ton of removal, but not enough. The variance is real. I will take solace in having beat you that one time before the tournament started.

Now, the fun part. In retrospect I would never have played Myr Enforcer at all and would have run the containment priests mainboard as a 4 of. Unexpectedly absent seems awesome as a 2 mana griptide, in reality it is bad and should have been more Path/Swords. I also needed a better way to deal with Dack, who hadn't really been a problem until our match, but it was clear there that he does some super good work. Maybe o-ring. Usually TNN works but I have to be able to cast those to attack with them.

Also IRC refuses to work right now, so yeah.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 31, 2016

• Locked thread