Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
posting smiling
i don't know how creative it is but i put 1000000 (one million) photoshop filters on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkoBastard
oh poo poo I forgot that I can't post pictures! reaped my own taint. it was just a lovely mashup wherein my cat was looking at the sky, contemplating life.

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

PinkoBastard posted:

oh poo poo I forgot that I can't post pictures! reaped my own taint. it was just a lovely mashup wherein my cat was looking at the sky, contemplating life.

I was about to do me and my cat....

Hm

fema crisis actor

Robot Made of Meat

fema crisis actor posted:

i am the mako-shark

I almost posted a screenshot of an actual suicide note posted on Facebook yesterday, on which that poster made good. I was going to present it with the personal data obscured, with just the date, time, and body of the post visible. I had typed up a title card for it including title, medium, and description; I had spoilered the photo with the following explanation: b/c it is legit sad. Then i erased all that i had typed.

I did all that even though I knew while editing the photo that I couldn't post it here. I did all that because it helped me to process what happened yesterday. This was a friend of some friends of mine, and I had been worried since his post was found yesterday morning. This morning the worst fears were confirmed.

I was crying a bit while I crafted the entry post. I didn't know the guy, and had to ask myself why i was crying. I realized that I wasn't just crying for my friends who knew him, and what they would go through. I wasn't crying for his family, including his young son, or his mother who's comments I read under his last post yesterday. I was crying for all of us, for the fragility of life, and for the crazy meanness in the world and what it can do to people.

Sad and touching, FCA. Thank you for posting.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Android Blues

http://gfycat.com/RipeHonestEstuarinecrocodile

i also made this frame for it to slot into but that was post facto and i couldnt get it to animate right

e: this here ended up being the best i could do ! http://gfycat.com/DifferentEdibleGreatwhiteshark

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 28, 2015

BIRDCON 2017

Ill be caught up in something for a while so there's still plenty time for more entries!

BIRDCON 2017

i'm back so that means this challenge is over! thanks to posting smiling, fema crisis actor and android blues for loving with my cherished photo!

but with their third creative challenge win i have to give it up to

like goddamn, this could be the perfect header for byob. 5 points well earned android blues!

pinkobastard, are you unable to host your image on a site like imgur and bb link it? after the trouble you went through to make an image i'd love to see it!

one more creative challenge awaits! fema crisis actor and android blues are the only possible winners at this point but don't let that stop you from participating!

posting smiling
im going to give my next entry 200% and for that I shoul s receive 200 Points.

BIRDCON 2017

its time for the final creative challenge to mark the end of our competition! android blues and fema crisis actor since you two are the only potential winners you both will have until 2:00ish pm (EST) tomorrow to post your submissions! anybody else can do it whenever!

this is my friend dan, he was drawn with my laptop's track pad

do something with dan! you can draw on him, manipulate him, animate him, form his 1s and 0s into some horrid noise, i dont care! just make something out of my friend dan!

good luck and god bless!

fema crisis actor

I am trying to finish the thing but my internet keeps going up and down, hope I can upload in time

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Android Blues

here is my piece, which i call, "night of the fifty foot dan"

e: the dabs truck is a decoy, they're trying to lure him to the old ravine

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 28, 2015

fema crisis actor

I am so close...

posting smiling

Android Blues

omfg this is good as hell

posting smiling
it's making me sick to look at. i made the frames too fast.

fema crisis actor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVV6HMG2yvs

e: music is big band beat by dogcrash

fema crisis actor fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 28, 2015

ty bacalou!

blaise rascal

Android Blues

we are living in the midst of a cavalcade of wonder

BIRDCON 2017

the challenge is closed! thank you all, this was definitely my favorite batch of submissions!

however, there can only be one ultimate winner between fema crisis actor and android blues...

BIRDCON 2017

and the winner is fema crisis actor! your danimation touched my heart, as I too spend my days aimlessly walking back and forth from the city to the beach!

however, android blues, for participating in every single creative challenge (with consistent high quality at that), you may also pick a reward!

both of you can either pm me or post in this thread what you would like and we'll work things out.

that marks the end of our competition! I sincerely thank anyone who participated, especially those who created sweet poo poo for the creative challenges! I'm always blown away by the awesome stuff people come up with here.

fema crisis actor

thankyou i enjoyed playing, everybodyis awesome :kiddo:

i would like 2 $5 forums gift certs please

ty bacalou!

Robot Made of Meat

Grats FCA and AB!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Congratulations, everyone!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Android Blues

ohh man, this rules :)

congratulations to fema, his animation was super baller and he deserved the win. thank you to birdcon for making this thread, i had a lot of fun trying to hit the prompts and it was a good way to stretch my creative muscles! i got to try stuff i wouldn't normally do and getting out of your comfort zone is always good when it comes to making stuff. and besides that, seeing everyone else's (really good!) entries was a delight too.

here's my steam profile, i would really like a copy of alpha polaris, which i think is just under $9 on steam right now. thank you again for this very cool thread, and to everyone who participated for making a house a home

blaise rascal

birth of dan
life of dan
that one time dan was a fify-foot monster
death of dan

PinkoBastard
great effort, guys!!

fema crisis actor

Android Blues posted:

here is my piece, which i call, "night of the fifty foot dan"

e: the dabs truck is a decoy, they're trying to lure him to the old ravine

These are all in my Screensaver folder now :)

posting smiling

i love this.

BIRDCON 2017

fema crisis actor, just so i'm clear you want two of the custom title certs?

android blues i added you on steam so i can send your reward.

fema crisis actor

yes please

e: also just noticed the randomly generated file name of my video has DAB at the end

ty bacalou!

BIRDCON 2017

you should have a pm with your reward now!

you should have yours too now android blues!

BIRDCON 2017 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 28, 2015

Android Blues

just got it! thanks birdcon, you're a real swell guy :)

fema crisis actor posted:

yes please

e: also just noticed the randomly generated file name of my video has DAB at the end

i like to think that dan somehow guided both our entries to this end

fema crisis actor

dabber dan...

thank you BIRDCON2017, pm received :)

ty bacalou!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog pixie

• Locked thread