Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

I basically quit drawing for like 9 months, barely put pencil to paper, and decided to get back into it recently by going back to live model figure drawing sessions. I kind of thought drawing from life would be the opposite of riding a bike and as soon as I quit practicing constantly my ability would atrophy but I seem to be in about the same place I was in february (which was about the same place I was in the february before that, part of the reason i gave it up for a while, kind of lost steam and didn't see any real improvement). Still feeling plateau-ed with these pseudo-shaded contour drawings but at least I'm not back to square one and i was honestly surprised that some of them turned out pretty good (imo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Tree of flesh.

Apso
May 30, 2008

Radio du Cambodge posted:

I basically quit drawing for like 9 months, barely put pencil to paper, and decided to get back into it recently by going back to live model figure drawing sessions. I kind of thought drawing from life would be the opposite of riding a bike and as soon as I quit practicing constantly my ability would atrophy but I seem to be in about the same place I was in february (which was about the same place I was in the february before that, part of the reason i gave it up for a while, kind of lost steam and didn't see any real improvement). Still feeling plateau-ed with these pseudo-shaded contour drawings but at least I'm not back to square one and i was honestly surprised that some of them turned out pretty good (imo).
Those contours are looking solid, I wanna see that value pushed though, dig into that paper!

K. Vonnegut, portrait for a friend.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Apso, that is incredible. If you sold those you would make bank.

Apso
May 30, 2008

Thanks neon, maybe someday!

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I did do a techno tree before but I was tired and ugh so I gave it a butt.

But then I felt better and made christmas wishes for all!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Apso posted:

Those contours are looking solid, I wanna see that value pushed though, dig into that paper!

So effin good!!

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Apso posted:

Thanks yeah i guess that's my next step. The portrait looks good, the chin seems a little indistinct to me though like not a strong separation from the neck. Doesn't really detract from the portrait but something i noticed.

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009

good lines, keep it up!

Plants are basically small trees.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Sordes WIP

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I really like that painterly look you have going there.

Here are some things from yesterday:

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008
I love your kitties, Status Epilepticus!

Here's a couple sketches from this week. Second is kind of a work in progress

Galileo Fingers fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 29, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Sordes pilosus

any ideas for next month?

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Winter tree.

Dryad. Totes counts as trees.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

still concept arting this thing, I realized I needed to loosen up and get more gestural

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Edit: done.

neonnoodle fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 30, 2015

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
Did some abstract painting that is tree inspired:

Saddamnit fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 31, 2015

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Bought my first new sketchbook in years. First page covered up.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Saddamnit posted:

Did some abstract painting that is tree inspired:

You should TIMG that dude

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Page 2 done and feeling good. Spent maybe too much time shading that upper lip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

New thread is up!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758437

• Locked thread