Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many fucks does EA give about our e-football needs?
All of them
As many as my granddad while watching football
Too many to count on one hand
One gently caress to rule them all
View Results

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

"Quarterbacks are the cornerstone of the National Football League" (probably something Trent Dilfer has said or will say in the near future). Likewise, in College Football, a school's hopes and dreams can be jeopardized, or even ruined, by an unprepared signal-caller. Neither was the case for THE Ohio State Buckeyes. Although Matt Jones was not the #2 Heisman finalist, he seemed to play his best football on the game's biggest stages. So when it comes to the question of when he'll make the next leap into folk lore, Coach ZSB only has one word:

, bitch

PREVIOUS CHAMPIONS
Season 1 - Wisconsin Badgers
Season 2 - USC Trojans
Season 3 - Michigan Wolverines
Season 4 - Nebraska Cornhuskers
Season 5 - Ohio State Buckeyes
Season 6 - Nebraska Cornhuskers
Season 7 - Ohio State Buckeyes

DYNASTY RULES

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences, but consolidating them all under the B1G due to loss of players. This means that anyone joining after the season has started will have to choose a B1G team this season, but can switch to a PAC team(if desired) during the next off-season.

BigTen
East
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte

West
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
UCLA - Dubious, GT: Dubious28SS
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

John Brown fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're still at Week 2

No User Matchups.

CPU Games:
Nebraska
UCLA
Penn St
USC
OSU

Byes:
Michigan
Michigan St

E: At least I gave enough fucks to write a paragraph for the OP.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 3, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Beautiful. Just lovely. :perfect:

really wanted to use that emoji

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Added a little flavor to it for ya :respek:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 3

UCLA beat Iowa in the sim with a 1-week injury to a backup HB.

No user matchups. Everyone has a COU game.

Let's advance next Saturday.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 4

OSU and UCLA both won their games in the sim.

No user games.

CPU Games:
Michigan
UCLA
MSU
UCLA

Byes:
Nebraska
Peen St
OSU

Not much action. Let's try to advance by Wednesday night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

John Brown posted:

Week 4

OSU and UCLA both won their games in the sim.

No user games.

CPU Games:
Michigan
UCLA
MSU
UCLA

Byes:
Nebraska
Peen St
OSU

Not much action. Let's try to advance by Wednesday night.

So I certainly screwed up and meant to say USC - not UCLA twice. We won't be advancing until Sly gets his game in.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'm outtie 5000 until Jan 4th, go a head and toss me on AP. I'll keep up with recruiting on the app.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

John Brown posted:

So I certainly screwed up and meant to say USC - not UCLA twice. We won't be advancing until Sly gets his game in.

I figured that was me, just haven't had a chance to play it yet. Maybe today?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I advanced us during lunch but didn't have time to post the games - will do so later.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It's Week 6

User Matchups:
#1 Nebraska @ #2 OSU

CPU Games:
MSU
Penn St.

Byes:
Michigan
UCLA

Looks like we'll advance once ZSB and I go at it. Speaking of which, my availability will be up in the air until the 4th, but I may be able to get it in next week. Let's play it by ear.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Just lemme know man, I'm gonna be off work on Wednesday because I want to be so I'll prb have some time. If not I'll be out early on the 4th.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Just lemme know man, I'm gonna be off work on Wednesday because I want to be so I'll prb have some time. If not I'll be out early on the 4th.

There's a chance I'll leave work around 3-4pm on Wednesday. If not I'll be free some time after 8pm that day as well.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nebraska over OSU, 28-17. The first quarter and a half was absolutely dominated by the defenses, followed by a Buckeyes meltdown almost immediately in the 3rd quarter. That first half was absolutely crazy though.

GG.

We're at Week 7 ya'll!

No user matchups.

CPU Games:
Nebraska
UCLA
Michigan
MSU

Byes:
OSU
Penn St.

We're be here for at least a week unless everyone manages to get their game in before then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 8

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 10

User Matchups:
UCLA (Dubios) vs Nebraska (JB)
Michigan (cletus) vs MSU (Dio)

CPU Games:
OSU

John Brown fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 22, 2016

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I shall endeavour to play this game soon. Feels like we've been lax on this one for a while haha.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
ZSB, it's time for THE GAME. When can you play?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

ZSB, it's time for THE GAME. When can you play?

I'm free all Monday. Don't really want to get into something today I can't drop when I need to. Possibly Sunday night later?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'm free all Monday. Don't really want to get into something today I can't drop when I need to. Possibly Sunday night later?
Monday would work. Valentine's Day would not though. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
What time today is good for you? Ideally during the day for me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Gonna aim for Wed 7 ct. Today got away from me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Playing at 7 is contingent on my soon to be wife going to yoga. If she doesn't maybe at like 11 CT since she's usually asleep by then. If not then I dunno I'll be out of town for my bachelor party until Monday.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Playing at 7 is contingent on my soon to be wife going to yoga. If she doesn't maybe at like 11 CT since she's usually asleep by then. If not then I dunno I'll be out of town for my bachelor party until Monday.
My wife's getting home late tonight so 11pm might work better for me. She should be getting home in the next 20 minutes so I have to get dinner ready. I'll be online if I can play, but if not, let's just do 11pm.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

My wife's getting home late tonight so 11pm might work better for me. She should be getting home in the next 20 minutes so I have to get dinner ready. I'll be online if I can play, but if not, let's just do 11pm.

Anytime from now on is fine by me.

e: OSU wins the final big game in convincing fashion in the 2nd half. Really close game decided by turnovers and FGs vs touchdowns. GG cletus. Now its time for a Rematch, REMATCH, REMATCH.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 18, 2016

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, it's you and I as expected.

I'll be free on Monday after 11am.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, you going to be around today?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Nope very tired. Probably later this week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm free all weekend so just name a time from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm free all weekend so just name a time from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon.

Saturday or Sunday morning would be best. I'm going to a Dave Chappelle-hosted Erykah Badu show tomorrow,

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll be online in the morning you can find me if you're around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll be online in the morning you can find me if you're around.

Hey, I'm on now and about to knock out my ACC game. Log in at about 9am and we can do this

• Locked thread