Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

I rarely if ever say gun owners have small penises, mostly because it isn't the most accurate portrayal. It implies that they are compensating for feelings of powerlessness, which I'm sure is a relevant factor in some cases, but I find the general behavior of gun advocates far more congruent with fanboyism. That they come from the same place as dudes who collect superhero figurines or, more analogous, katanas, is an enlightening realization that explains and informs lot of their behavior. In most cases fanboyism is a bit silly but ultimately harmless; the primary difference between gun fanboys and guys with shelves of manga is that the expedience of their hobby comes at the cost of thousands of otherwise preventable deaths annually.

I agree that we need Manga control, and now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
The obsession with penis expressed by so many people who argue about guns on the internet, alongside the ephemeral nature of what exactly it is they do with their arsenals, the emphasis on the femininity or at least nonmasculinity of gun control advocates, and the number of non-owners who ferociously argue for guns, suggests that for a notable portion of gun owners, their opposition to gun control is based primarily on castration anxiety, that restrictions on firearms represents a diminishing of their masculinity, even if they keep their guns unused or don't own or use any. The link between this and the primacy of suicide-by-gun among men bears further investigation.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pauline Kael posted:

I agree that we need Manga control, and now!

:agreed:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

We put a lot of effort into making good weapons. Aesthetics is not the primary design guideline, but may be a secondary one and a side effect. Like if you design a ugly military jet, you will probably make it less aerodynamic and more prone to stall and fall like a rock. A side effect to make weapons comfortable, is that they look "good" (desirable).

We like womens with big tits and big butts, because they make good mothers. The same principle applies. We like guns because they are designed to be good at what they do and this hit all our aesthetic rules.

This is a universal rule*, we like things that work.

* Except japan.
http://www.tofugu.com/2012/02/20/chindogu-useless-japanese-inventions/

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Effectronica posted:

The obsession with penis expressed by so many people who argue about guns on the internet, alongside the ephemeral nature of what exactly it is they do with their arsenals, the emphasis on the femininity or at least nonmasculinity of gun control advocates, and the number of non-owners who ferociously argue for guns, suggests that for a notable portion of gun owners, their opposition to gun control is based primarily on castration anxiety, that restrictions on firearms represents a diminishing of their masculinity, even if they keep their guns unused or don't own or use any. The link between this and the primacy of suicide-by-gun among men bears further investigation.

Yeah, there's some truth to this. Those who don't own or use guns especially. I think the rationale is that even if they don't have or use a gun, they could get and/or use one any time they want, and so removing this is removing a form of power from them. That the power in practice is almost exclusively to brandish on someone during an argument, kill someone unjustifiably, or kill themselves with extreme ease is not considered terribly relevant because it still represents a loss of power.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Effectronica posted:

The penis thing is 100% you guys. You are setting yourself in opposition against imaginary antagonists.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

The penis thing is 100% you guys. You are setting yourself in opposition against imaginary antagonists.

I do it for cheap laughs for myself, to be honest.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Who What Now posted:

I do it for cheap laughs for myself, to be honest.

And the hilarious over reaction. :allears:

Though this time was mild. Oh well.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

MariusLecter posted:

And the hilarious over reaction. :allears:

Though this time was mild. Oh well.

Most of you are huge homophobes and think using that sort of insult digs deep. Most of us aren't terrified of penises.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pauline Kael posted:

Most of you are huge homophobes and think using that sort of insult digs deep. Most of us aren't terrified of penises.

There it is! :bravo:

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

MariusLecter posted:

There it is! :bravo:

What? That the side that constantly brings up penises, in like every single discussion even remotely related to guns, might in fact be the side that is tortured by thoughts of penis? I'm not sure you're applying the sick ice burn you think you are.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

SedanChair posted:

On the contrary, the obsession with past dick jokes, as opposed to all the times gun owners are called fat, stupid, sexually perverse, etc. is quite on the people arguing for guns. Because it clearly thrusts straight into the hearts of some people.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

On the contrary, the obsession with past dick jokes, as opposed to all the times gun owners are called fat, stupid, sexually perverse, etc. is quite on the people arguing for guns. Because it clearly thrusts straight into the hearts of some people.

No, I don't think that's it. I realize you're Tezzor's fellow traveler with the wit and pedantry of popular thug drink, but honestly, 2a supporters don't bring up penises, it's ALWAYS the grabbers. You can't deny that unless your gimmick is that we are in sponge bobs Opposite Day.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pauline Kael posted:

No, I don't think that's it. I realize you're Tezzor's fellow traveler with the wit and pedantry of popular thug drink, but honestly, 2a supporters don't bring up penises, it's ALWAYS the grabbers. You can't deny that unless your gimmick is that we are in sponge bobs Opposite Day.

Please, go back to elementary school and demand that they teach you how to read properly this time. The continuous mosquito whine only exists for dick jokes, rather than any of the many other insults tossed out at gun owners. In fact, it exists regardless of whether a dick joke is ever actually made! Thus, there's a definite reason why it's so terrible for gun owners to be told they have a needledick as compared to being told they need to use elephant scales at the zoo to weigh themselves or they practice "safe sex" by putting a condom on their guns before shooting them.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Speaking as a gun owner, I hate myself and my guns, and I hate myself for owning those guns. If I could be relieved of the burdens of having this deadly machine in my home, I would be grateful to the government and all of its supporters.

My dick is fine, I just don't want these guns tempting me. To hold them in my hands. To cup their contoured stocks. To gently wash them after a hard day at the range and rub them with Hoppes oil. It's too much to bear.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

51.5% of all suicides posted:

Speaking as a gun owner, I hate myself

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

Please, go back to elementary school and demand that they teach you how to read properly this time. The continuous mosquito whine only exists for dick jokes, rather than any of the many other insults tossed out at gun owners. In fact, it exists regardless of whether a dick joke is ever actually made! Thus, there's a definite reason why it's so terrible for gun owners to be told they have a needledick as compared to being told they need to use elephant scales at the zoo to weigh themselves or they practice "safe sex" by putting a condom on their guns before shooting them.

You're a bad and boring poster.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Pauline Kael posted:

You're a bad and boring poster.

you're absolutely just as bad you loving idiot. can you both just gently caress off.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Oh hey look, Tezzor channeling ptd well done, edgy and original

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Pauline Kael posted:

Oh hey look, Tezzor channeling ptd well done, edgy and original

PTD likes to mock the fact that gun owners kill themselves at huge rates. I don't. I do however like to mock the smug idiocy of "lol as a gun owner i hate myself lol" *21,000 heads explode per year*

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

botany posted:

you're absolutely just as bad you loving idiot. can you both just gently caress off.

You seem upset. Bad day? Do you have something to add one way or the other regarding gun grabbers and their seeming obsession over gunhavers penises?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
And thus concludes another gun thread. See y'all again in three weeks after another dozen shootings and derails in USPol.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

PTD likes to mock the fact that gun owners kill themselves at huge rates. I don't. I do however like to mock the smug idiocy of "lol as a gun owner i hate myself lol" *21,000 heads explode per year*

One of they things that keeps me coming back here is looking at your constantly changing Avatar and trying to guess what you might have posted to earn it. I'll give you credit as a poster who offers a consistent and ongoing value to any thread in which you take part. Have a blessed day.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Pauline Kael posted:

What? That the side that constantly brings up penises, in like every single discussion even remotely related to guns, might in fact be the side that is tortured by thoughts of penis? I'm not sure you're applying the sick ice burn you think you are.

You started the penis conversation here, how you pretend to claim some sort of moral superiority is baffling.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Nevvy Z posted:

You started the penis conversation here, how you pretend to claim some sort of moral superiority is baffling.

Good point, I'm definitely the first person to ever draw this connection. I'll make sure to post my 115 page document covering citations and errata so you can make sure that my opinion is correctly sourced and derived.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Pauline Kael posted:

Good point, I'm definitely the first person to ever draw this connection. I'll make sure to post my 115 page document covering citations and errata so you can make sure that my opinion is correctly sourced and derived.

Please do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Banning gun threads, on the other hand, might.

• Locked thread