Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Applebee123 posted:

How exactly are you supposed to use cast on melee kill? You have to use two links for cast on melee kill and a spell, reducing the damage your melee skill does and causing the spell to have no links (or to take more from the melee skill). Is there something I'm missing or did they just forget to add something like "Spells cast on melee kill deal 300% more damage"?

Pretty sure support skills can affect both the attack and the spell, and the spells do get a more multiplier from the cast on melee kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Also, don't use Cast on Melee Kill.

If you must, you want to use passives, supports, and items that scale your spell and attack.

nearly killed em! fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 30, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

COMK is bad. Trust me.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Use cast on melee kill. Would I lie to you friends? No

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 30, 2017

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Do we know if Dark Pact is going to work with both life and ES? Or are you just not going to be able to self cast it as CI?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I assume you would as CI. If you cast it and there are no skellies, you lose 6% of your life. I would guess that gets rounded down when you have 1 life. But someone should test it, preferably on hardcore

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

I was hoping it would work on your ES pool instead of your life pool. RIP my CI Dark Pact Occultist. I guess I could go totems.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Ci is dead, let it go.

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

CI is fine for for builds that don't utilize leech. There were builds in beta that hit 11k ES and killed Shaper. Its just not the default choice anymore.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
So I got a random rare ilvl 100 body armor from divination cards, and of course the one I got isn't good. Question is, is it worth to keep and use chaos orbs on it simply because it's 100 ilvl? I have no idea. Base is Carnal Armour if that means anything.

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Don't bother. You should be able to buy ilvl 84 chests, which can roll the highest tier of mods, in whatever flavor you want for dirt cheap.

marie_eh fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 30, 2017

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

J posted:

Hey y'all I'm puttin the finishing touches on a new OP but what I really need a hand with is beginner friendly starter builds, preferably with a link to a build guide. I'm trying to put together a small collection of melee, ranged, caster, summoner, etc type starter builds.

Engineering Eternity just posted a pair of Starter Builds for 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZyn3q_M1as&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRKLks6sq8Q&hd=1

His other videos about how to move through zones quickly in Acts 1-4 and things like the Forgotten Masters etc. are also great introductory videos for new players.

Ixjuvin posted:

New thread will also need a new subtitle.

Fall of Oriath: No Gods, No Masters

Path of Exile: Fall of Oriath - I killed a god and I liked it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is the block and mom enough to make up for such a low life pool on that scorching ray build? seems really low

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Thinking about Cyclone, it looks like Berserker if I want to min/max and Juggernaut if I want to not die?

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

George posted:

Thinking about Cyclone, it looks like Berserker if I want to min/max and Juggernaut if I want to not die?

Slayer is a good middle ground between those two as well. Lots of leech for survivability, stun immunity and some two handed damage and AoE to top it off.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

George posted:

...Berserker ... if I want to not die?

:thunk:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Applebee123 posted:

How exactly are you supposed to use cast on melee kill? You have to use two links for cast on melee kill and a spell, reducing the damage your melee skill does and causing the spell to have no links (or to take more from the melee skill). Is there something I'm missing or did they just forget to add something like "Spells cast on melee kill deal 300% more damage"?

It used to not have a cooldown, so every melee kill resulted in a cast. These days . . . yeah I don't know why the bothered leaving the gem in the game files if they were going to gut it so hard. I understand it was to prevent abuse cases like Wormblaster, but it's seriously bad now.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
How would RF Zerker be as a starter? It seems like it would at least be tank but it might require too much gear to be able to effectively survive since it's melee range /w no leech.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Why Zerker instead of Juggernaut or Chieftain?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Eezee posted:

Why Zerker instead of Juggernaut or Chieftain?

Mostly cause that's the build that Pohx showcased on youtube, and the 40% damage and regen/speed you get from the ascendancy seems good. I'm not sure the build is viable w/o the items he has, which is why I'm asking here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NECWWPj80I

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Any chance whoever got that 6l searing touch of Monkey could let me play with it for the last couple days on beta?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

moush posted:

Mostly cause that's the build that Pohx showcased on youtube, and the 40% damage and regen/speed you get from the ascendancy seems good. I'm not sure the build is viable w/o the items he has, which is why I'm asking here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NECWWPj80I

Like half the video is dedicated to him showing how the build can be done with no gear, no flasks, a purity of fire aura and spending your normal ascendancy points on the warcry heal

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

2h or facebreaker for grandpa totems? 2h has the constant upgrading a weapon but has more gem slots plus a disfavor eventually. But facebreaker has a shield and no need for a weapon.

J
Jun 10, 2001

:siren: NEW THREAD POST HERE :siren:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Edit: I'm dumb and was replying to an earlier post cause I wasn't caught up also way to not lock the old thread!

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

request reinvite for the guild

name: AMAZINGMIKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde