Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I've now won my league 2 out of the 3 years I've been playing fantasy baseball. :smugdog:

It's because everyone else is really bad, not because I'm good at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RKRGoat
Jun 20, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I think I've said this before, but years ago I had the championship come down to literally the last pitch of the season. I trailed my opponent in K's and Saves. I had the closer going in the Sunday night game (don't remember who it was now), and the closer struck out the last batter of the game (and season) to get the save and pull me ahead.

Same, Rex Brothers vs. Skip Schumaker. I got 400 dollars on him striking out.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Finished in 2nd on my league, which I think is pretty good for the first time playing fantasy baseball and first time ever dealing with an auction draft. I also inherited this team and probably didn't make the best keeper choices prior to the draft.

Whatever, there's always next season!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Auction drafts are so much loving fun, and really the only reason I'd ever play a redraft.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Auction drafts are so much loving fun, and really the only reason I'd ever play a redraft.

I'd never done them in the football leagues I had played previously, so it was a very new experience. I think I did OK, and honestly I think it really is the only way to handle baseball drafts having done it now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Auction drafts are the best.

Finished 2nd for my highest finish ever, a good way to go out in my farewell season. There was no way to take out the guy who managed to draft Lester, MadBum, and Kershaw in the Year Of Terrible Pitching.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is anyone else doing the Gold/Silver/Bronze/Paper cups on Yahoo? I got an entry into silver from a couple 3/4 finishes in leagues.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am in the gold for winning my league. I advanced automatically because only 27k people signed up. Gotta finish in the top 2.7k then top 100 to win money. Not counting on that but it would be cool. Any advice for Sunday?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I started David Price but advanced anyway because of low turnout I guess. I'm going to stack Red Sox because gently caress it and Tomlin was bad toward the end of the season.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Tomlin had a 1.75 ERA in his last 4 starts

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
And had an ERA over 11 in August. You decide.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popero posted:

And had an ERA over 11 in August. You decide.

My decision is "gently caress pitching."

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

IcePhoenix posted:

Is anyone else doing the Gold/Silver/Bronze/Paper cups on Yahoo? I got an entry into silver from a couple 3/4 finishes in leagues.

I got a free silver entry from getting second in two of my leagues. I reserved a spot and then promptly forgot about it. Oops.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I came in 263 out of 28k entries in silver yesterday which means dick today which sucks.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

jabro posted:

I came in 263 out of 28k entries in silver yesterday which means dick today which sucks.

I started Darvish and moved on so your great decisions and my terrible decisions are equal!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

I started Darvish and moved on so your great decisions and my terrible decisions are equal!

:yeah:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

I also started Darvish. Yay Kluber my Savior!

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
This was my first year playing fantasy baseball, it was incredibly fun. What the hell am I going to do the next 6 months. When do mock drafts start up?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
SO, is the Yahoo Cup cancelled for today and we have to put in new lineups for round 2 for tomorrow?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Michael Corleone posted:

SO, is the Yahoo Cup cancelled for today and we have to put in new lineups for round 2 for tomorrow?

Yes

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Anyone make it to the finals? I did not.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Michael Corleone posted:

Anyone make it to the finals? I did not.

Big Papi is that you?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I made it by like 10 spots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got 70 points from my lineup but only 9 from my pitching so I missed advancing :(

• Locked thread