Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
batmansdrawers
Jan 1, 2006

Y-Y-Y-Yoda

zmcnulty posted:

OP you asked for advice specific to American guy/Japanese girl relationships. I am the former and dated a boatload lot of the latter, and been in LDRs crossing like 13 time zones. My advice is basically this:

Once you overcome the language barrier, there isn't anything magical or different about Japanese girls. You may find she has an outdated mindset about some things, because gender equality never really caught on in Japan. But even that really depends on the person.

Cheating isn't frowned upon nearly as much in Japan as it is in the US/on these forums. If she's even remotely attractive, chances are your little Hanako is getting plowed by someone else anyway, likely some foreigner living in Japan. Most Japanese girls that date foreigners do not go back to dating Japanese guys.

Do you really think she wants to sit at home and play MMORPGs with you? Wherever she may live in Japan, surely there are more exciting things going on that she would prefer to be doing, rather than sitting in front of a PC grinding her character to raid some virtual dungeon.

There are plenty of Japanese girls living in America too, if that's what you want. Unless you have some plans to move to Japan or her to the US, :sever:

Can back this up.

I might be the foreign bloke doing the said plowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread