Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Man I would love to cover something by The Frames, but I'm traveling now and won't be able to record poo poo before St. Paddy's. Or even before April, for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trig Discipline posted:

Man I would love to cover something by The Frames, but I'm traveling now and won't be able to record poo poo before St. Paddy's. Or even before April, for that matter.
Irish music doesn't take much time to record. You get drunk, you pound the same chord for four minutes, you piss and moan about something, or you tap dance a lot for two minutes while shouting HAY!

Piece of cake.

So post the poo poo, somebody.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm in Okinawa living in a dorm room for the next three weeks. A very, very nice dorm room, but not a lot of musical instruments and recording gear.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trig Discipline posted:

I'm in Okinawa living in a dorm room for the next three weeks. A very, very nice dorm room, but not a lot of musical instruments and recording gear.

WE GET IT, YOU'RE RICH. Sheesh.

I'll start the new thread if NH lacks the skills. Time is important here.

edit - and hey - before you go picking With Or Without You by U2, I think it's a good idea to make the theme Irish Music so it's all tied to St Patricks Day - again - shooting for a massive appeal to, er, the masses. And this can include all those lovely Boston Irish bands as well like Flogging Molly and A.E. O'rosmith.

I'm thinking, Rockstar 66: Irish We All Sang lovely Jigs.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 24, 2016

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

magnificent7 posted:

...this can include all those lovely Boston Irish bands as well like Flogging Molly...

Get it right. They're a lovely CALIFORNIA Irish band with an actual Irishman for a singer, who just so happened to get his musical start singing in lovely 80's hair metal band Fastway.

I guess I should confess that not only was Flogging Molly a gateway drug to real Irish music, but my first real band was a FM inspired punk act.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

magnificent7 posted:

WE GET IT, YOU'RE RICH. Sheesh.

Pffff not even close. I've just managed to get other people to pay for me to travel all the time.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
People scorn prostitution, but it's actually a really nice career.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Trig Discipline posted:

People scorn prostitution, but it's actually a really nice career.

Getting career advice from Mag7's mom again?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alternative pants posted:

Getting career advice from Mag7's mom again?

Yeah but I don't take payment in food stamps.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hey it's not my fault you bitches like the dusty clam.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
Sorry, guys. I've been tied up in work. If someone else would like to go ahead and make the Irish-themed Rockstar post, it'd help get the ball rolling. Otherwise, I won't be able to get back to my desktop until Friday.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

nh posted:

Sorry, guys. I've been tied up in work. If someone else would like to go ahead and make the Irish-themed Rockstar post, it'd help get the ball rolling. Otherwise, I won't be able to get back to my desktop until Friday.
I'll do it. Soon as it's up, I'll post the link in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Here you go. Added Satan to confuse everybody into thinking it's satanic music but it's not.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765848

• Locked thread