Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazNation
Aug 5, 2015
I plan on buying a 2016 Ford Explorer by the end of this year and I was needing some information.

Anyone know of a good website that tells you what exactly the dealership is paying for new vehicles?

I was thinking about $300 under invoice. I just don't want to pay any more than I have to.

Also any suggestions for a good dealership in the Dallas, Tx area and salesman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think TrueCar lists all of the invoice pricing. If you're eligible for the X plan, that may be your best bet.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015
Thanks, I will give it a look.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015
So I went to the Ford dealership here in Plano. I won't mention its name just cuz.

Let me say first off that I was quit impressed with the Explorer itself, the salesman not so much.

First off, it looked like his grandmother picked out his clothes for the day. He had a annoying habit of talking real fast and not letting me ask any questions.

I told him up front that I was just looking and I asked him for a brochure on the truck.

After searching for about ten minutes, he came back empty handed and then handed me his business card that was in his wallet. The card looked like it had been in there for about a year and sad part was that his email address was a gmail account. Really? WTF?

He then asked me about my phone number and email address so he could get in touched with me later because he had a 'meeting' with Ford marketing later to discuss even more finance deals. F dat! I don't want to be spammed with calls and emails from a dealership I have already decided that wasn't worth visiting again.

Today or tomorrow, I plan on visiting another dealership in Carrolton to see if I have better luck.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Get out of the suburbs! I'd recommend calling the ford dealer in Decatur.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
go to truecar / or cars.com / or hell ebay and look at 16 explorers. it doesnt even have to be in your state. if i was buying new i sure as hell ain't gonna be happy with 300 under invoice.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

everdave posted:

go to truecar / or cars.com / or hell ebay and look at 16 explorers. it doesnt even have to be in your state. if i was buying new i sure as hell ain't gonna be happy with 300 under invoice.

This time of year especially. It better have all the bells and whistles thrown in and be under 300 standard pricing.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I bought a new Ford a few months ago and know that it can be a pain in the rear end finding a decent dealership/salesperson...my advice, just try to do all the work from home and get price quotes emailed to you after talking on the phone that account for all the usual poo poo added on before deciding to check anything out in person. They should be plenty of deals around especially after Christmas due to incentives and being the end of the month, from my understanding Ford's Friends and Neighbors incentive in November was a bit of a flop and they are looking to sell what they were expecting to by the end of the year. Good luck.

in case you still need it, here you go.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

It sucks your dealer was such a dweeb. I got my Fusion from the same place/salesman that had been selling my parents cars since 1993. The dude's cool as gently caress and we bullshitted about Mustangs and how lovely the Detroit Lions are for an hour before I picked up my car.

I hope you like the Explorer, seems like a solid big-CUV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

RazNation posted:

So I went to the Ford dealership here in Plano. I won't mention its name just cuz.

Sup Plano neighbor? :hf: Not too hard to figure out what dealer you're talking about, can't say I had a pleasant experience just walking around their used car side myself. Their Yelp reviews are hilariously terrible.

If you haven't gone to the Carrollton lot yet.... it's owned by the same people.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 24, 2015

• Locked thread