Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I used to be confused for a moment whenever people would refer to Path of Exile as PoE because I'd automatically associate it with Portal of Evil (RIP)

i always assume pillars of eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If you're looking for a skill based ARPG, OP, I would suggest Victor Vran. It takes plenty of skill to dance like PSY.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

SM64Guy posted:

i always assume pillars of eternity

Same thing with that game, but I was more used to it by then.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Larry Parrish posted:

I already play Path of Exile as a mindless loot farm game though so basically is there any reason to play Torchlight instead of that

did they ever fix the netcode? anytime someone would bring that up people would go "bluh bluh it doesn't trust the client, intentionally, to stop cheats!", nevermind it made it really rather lovely to actually play which is most important part of a game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

did they ever fix the netcode? anytime someone would bring that up people would go "bluh bluh it doesn't trust the client, intentionally, to stop cheats!", nevermind it made it really rather lovely to actually play which is most important part of a game.

Yes. Also you can buy a variety of skill gems that are leveled up based on ur character level after beating certain quests. Not every class gets all of them unfortunately. So you still have to trade to get the really rare ones/do an extremely unorthodox build, but now you're not totally blocked from certain builds if you don't trade or pray to RNGesus.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I played an embarrassing amount of Marvel Heroes, it was pretty fun even though it had free 2 play disease. Had a nice feel to it that reminded me of D2. Like pressing buttons and killing things just felt right.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I liked being Rogue and Storm in it. Storm you don't even have to press buttons since she has a passive thing that just murks people as you walk by.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I used to be confused for a moment whenever people would refer to Path of Exile as PoE because I'd automatically associate it with Portal of Evil (RIP)

Me2

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I played an embarrassing amount of Marvel Heroes, it was pretty fun even though it had free 2 play disease. Had a nice feel to it that reminded me of D2. Like pressing buttons and killing things just felt right.

It never gets pay-to-win though, and you can reasonably unlock additional characters for free just by playing normally, so it's pretty alright

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pay2Win doesn't even mean anything in the kind of game it is.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Me also.. sometimes when I see "PoE" I also think of "poe", as in the Legend of Zelda ghost enemy, or Edgar ALlen Poe, the author. People should just say what they mean instead of making a confusing lazy shortcut but thats millenials for ya

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

path of exile and d3 are a lot better than this game now..i reinstalled this and got some crazy megamod that adds a billion merchants+crafters, champion monsters, new items and bosses etc. along with free randomized dungeons from the very beginning of the game and played as the engie. i think it was called synergiesmod.

still had a really lovely time, the monster and skill balance are a mess. the mechanic where any and all damage pushes you back makes going melee pretty annoying, and there just isnt really any interesting or crazy loot. the wackiest thing youll find is a +3 to x skill item or something. idk. why go through the hassle when theres better games out for a diablo fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

isometric musou games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjBRNqwDPrU

• Locked thread